|Società a responsabilità limitata Subsidiary|
Number of locations
|Products||Clothing, shoes, accessories, furniture, branding|
|Parent||New Guards Group|
Off-White (stylised as OFF-WHITE c/o VIRGIL ABLOH) is a fashion label founded by American creative designer Virgil Abloh in Milan, Italy in 2012. The brand has 24 independent stores and is carried by stores including Barneys, Selfridges, Harrods and Le Bon Marché.
The brand's clothing uses stylized items like its use of quotation marks, zip ties, yellow industrial buckle belt design, and its four-way arrows that create a cross, and has collaborations with Nike, Levi, Jimmy Choo, IKEA and Évian.
The company was first founded as "PYREX VISION" by Virgil Abloh in the Italian city of Milan in 2012, which was abandoned after Pyrex Vision came under criticism after printing "PYREX 23" on the classic Ralph Lauren rugby flannel silhouette, and reselling them for a premium $550 price tag. Abloh then reconfigured his company as Off-White, which he describes as "the grey area between black and white as the color off-white" to the fashion world. It has shown collections at Paris Fashion Week shows, and is sold in retail stores in Hong Kong, Tokyo, London and New York.
Off-White has collaborated with brands and designers such as Nike, Levi, Jimmy Choo, IKEA, Moncler, Browns, Warby Parker, SSENSE, Sunglass Hut, Champion, Évian, Converse, Dr. Martens, Barneys New York, Umbro, Timberland, Takashi Murakami, Heron Preston, ASAP Rocky, Byredo, Boys Noize and Le Bon Marché.
The company partnered with Jimmy Choo in 2018, to create a Summer/Spring collection inspired by Lady Diana, former Princess of Wales. The designers had an updated take on Nineties-style shoes, with various patterns and different types of material such as plastic and tulle. With Champion, the two companies developed sixteen items of clothing, including tracksuits, hoodies, fleeces, and t-shirts. With Sunglass Hut, they collaborated in Fall 2018 and Winter 2019 on a unisex line of sunglasses called “For Your Eyes Only”. With Nike, Inc. they worked on a project named “The Tens”, which is a sneaker collection featuring Air Jordans, Converse, Nike Air Max, Nike Air Force One, and Nike Blazers shoes. The shoe line was divided into two categories, featuring the "Revealing" and "Ghosting". Then in 2019, Off-White collaborated with the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago, to create a new blue color of the iconic Nike Air Force One.
Off-White also collaborated with A$AP Rocky with his label AWGE in August 2017. In Fall 2016, and Winter 2017, Off-White collaborated with Levi’s main line, Made & Crafted, and released twelve pieces, six of which were unisex. A collaboration with Ikea targeted millennials in need of furniture. In March 2019, the company collaborated with SSENSE on a range of workout clothes.
- "Off-White Stores – off---white.com". Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- Payne, Teryn. "Virgil Abloh Is Fighting for Kids That Feel Marginalized by the Fashion Industry". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- Lee, Jo KwokYee (January 17, 2018). "Everything You Need to Know About The History Of OFF-WHITE ·". Real Clobber Magazine. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Salessy, Héloïse; Marain, Alexandre; Nield, Isabel (March 26, 2018). "Off-White: the 18 collabs that cemented Virgil Abloh's career". Vogue Paris. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "No One Pyrex Should Have All Those Rugby Flannels". Complex. Retrieved 2019-04-26.
- Yotka, Steff (March 28, 2018). "A Brief History of Virgil Abloh's Meteoric Rise". Vogue. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "Here Are Virgil Abloh's 10 Best Collaborations Ever". Highsnobiety. August 31, 2017. Retrieved May 15, 2018.
- Welty, Matt (December 27, 2018). "Ranking All of the Off-White x Nike Sneakers, From Worst to Best". Complex. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "The Ten: Icons Reconstructed by Virgil Abloh is happening". nss magazine. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Gorsler, Fabian (July 26, 2018). "OFF-WHITE x Nike Sneakers: An Analysis of Resell Prices". Highsnobiety. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "Virgil Abloh x MCA Chicago x Nike Air Force 1 '07 Official Imagery and Release Info". HYPEBEAST. Retrieved 2019-06-21.
- Li, Nicolaus (September 12, 2017). "Midnight Studios & AWGE Announce a Special Midnight Rave NYFW Pop-Up". Hypebeast. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Gibson, Eleanor (May 1, 2018). "IKEA offers first look at furniture designed for millennials by Virgil Abloh". Dezeen. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Hopkins, Mayzie (March 28, 2019). "Off-White x SSENSE Fitness Capsule". V Magazine. Retrieved April 13, 2019.