|Type||Società a responsabilità limitata|
Number of locations
|Products||Clothing, shoes, accessories, furniture, branding|
|Parent||New Guards Group|
The company was first founded as "PYREX VISION" by Virgil Abloh in the Italian city of Milan in 2012. Abloh then rebranded the company as Off-White, which he describes as "the grey area between black and white as the color off-white" to the fashion world. It has shown collections at Paris Fashion Week shows, and is sold in retail stores in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Milan, London and New York.
In July 2021, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton announced it would be taking a 60% stake in Off-White, with founder Virgil Abloh, currently the creative director of menswear for Louis Vuitton, retaining the remanding 40%.
Off-White has collaborated with brands and designers such as Nike, Levi, Rimowa, Jimmy Choo, IKEA, Moncler, Browns, Warby Parker, SSENSE, Sunglass Hut, Champion, Evian, Converse, Dr. Martens, Barneys New York, Umbro, Timberland, Takashi Murakami, Heron Preston, ASAP Rocky, Byredo, Boys Noize, Le Bon Marché, Asspizza and Kerwin Frost.
In early 2017, the company collaborated with Nike and worked on a project named "The Ten", which is a sneaker collection featuring Air Jordans, Converse, Nike Air Max, Nike Air Force One, and Nike Blazers shoes. The collaborations shoe line was divided into two categories, the "Revealing" and "Ghosting". The Off-White and Nike designers had an updated take on Nineties-style shoes, with various patterns and different types of material such as plastic and tulle.
In 2017, the company collaborated with Champion developing sixteen items of clothing, including tracksuits, hoodies, fleeces, and t-shirts. In August 2017, the company also collaborated with A$AP Rocky with his label AWGE. In 2018, the company partnered with Jimmy Choo to create a Summer/Spring collection inspired by Lady Diana, former Princess of Wales.
In April 2018, the company collaborated with IKEA on furniture targeted towards millennials. In Fall 2018 and Winter 2019, the company collaborated with Sunglass Hut on a unisex line of sunglasses called "For Your Eyes Only". In March 2019, the company collaborated with SSENSE on a range of workout clothes. On June 5, 2018, the company released its collaboration with Rimowa, a transparent suitcase in limited edition. Following the success of the collaboration, a second collection including two RIMOWA x Off-White transparent suitcases (a white version and a black version) is launched in October 2018. 
- "Off-White Physical Retail". off---white.com. Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- Payne, Teryn. "Virgil Abloh Is Fighting for Kids That Feel Marginalized by the Fashion Industry". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- Salessy, Héloïse; Marain, Alexandre; Nield, Isabel (March 26, 2018). "Off-White: the 18 collabs that cemented Virgil Abloh's career". Vogue Paris. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Yotka, Steff (March 28, 2018). "A Brief History of Virgil Abloh's Meteoric Rise". Vogue. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Fernandez, Chantal (8 August 2019). "Why Farfetch Bought New Guards Group". Business of Fashion. Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- Dalton, Matthew (2021-07-20). "Virgil Abloh Sells Off-White to LVMH, Deepening Ties With Luxury Conglomerate". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2021-07-20.
- Dalton, Matthew (2018-03-26). "Louis Vuitton Appoints Virgil Abloh as New Creative Director". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2021-07-20.
- "Here Are Virgil Abloh's 10 Best Collaborations Ever". Highsnobiety. August 31, 2017. Retrieved May 15, 2018.
- Welty, Matt (December 27, 2018). "Ranking All of the Off-White x Nike Sneakers, From Worst to Best". Complex. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "The Ten: Icons Reconstructed by Virgil Abloh is happening". nss magazine. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Gorsler, Fabian (July 26, 2018). "OFF-WHITE x Nike Sneakers: An Analysis of Resell Prices". Highsnobiety. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Li, Nicolaus (September 12, 2017). "Midnight Studios & AWGE Announce a Special Midnight Rave NYFW Pop-Up". Hypebeast. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Gibson, Eleanor (May 1, 2018). "IKEA offers first look at furniture designed for millennials by Virgil Abloh". Dezeen. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Hopkins, Mayzie (March 28, 2019). "Off-White x SSENSE Fitness Capsule". V Magazine. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "Rimowa Has Made a $1,000 See-Through Suitcase". Bloomberg. June 5, 2018. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- "Exclusive: Rimowa and Off-White Are Releasing a New Luggage Collection". GQ. October 5, 2018. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- "Virgil Abloh x MCA Chicago x Nike Air Force 1 '07 Official Imagery and Release Info". HYPEBEAST. Retrieved 2019-06-21.