|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Founder||Jean and Jane Ford|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, United States|
|Jean-André Rougeot, CEO|
Twin sisters and founders Jean and Jane Ford were born in Indiana. After they attended Indiana University, the two later appeared in commercials for Calgon bath products before moving to San Francisco.
The decision of opening their own business was merely based on a coin toss, with the options being either a casserole cafe or a beauty boutique. Initially founded as a beauty boutique named The Face Place in 1976 in San Francisco's Mission District, the shop specialized in quick-fix products for beauty dilemmas. Their first product was a blush and lip tint called "Rose tint", now renamed "benetint". The Fords originally created the rose flushed tint for an exotic dancer who was in need of a nipple tint. Benetint is most famously known by this story, and it remains the company's best-selling product, with over 10 million bottles sold. The Face Place later moved to Kearny Street in downtown San Francisco in the 1980s, and with the move came the debut of their original lip-plumping product, lip plump.
In 1989, the product catalog was developed. The Fords then focused on department store distribution, and soon after the original Face Place was renamed Benefit Cosmetics in 1990. In 1991 Benefit opened up in its first U.S. department store in Henri Bendel in New York City. With significant success in the U.S., Benefit went international in 1997 with their expansion into Harrods in London. Soon after, the Benefit Cosmetics product website was launched.
LVMH acquired Benefit Cosmetics on September 14, 1999. In 2001, Benefit launched their first bath and boudoir line, Bathina. Benefit opened its first "Brow Bar" (a boutique specializing in brow shaping) in 2003, at Macy's Union Square, San Francisco.
Since Benefit's opening, the company has branched out their products to skin care, eyes/face/lip cosmetics, fragrances, and accessories.
Benefit Cosmetic's "Hoola Matte Bronzer" was named the best beauty product by Nylon (magazine) in 2014.  The "Hoola Matte Bronzer" has been given much recognition, including being on the list of Top 10 Best Bronzers of 2018 and named the most sold bronzer in Britain by Vogue (British magazine).  The "Hoola Matte Bronzer" was also announced to be the #1 best-selling bronzer in the United States. 
A beauty blog called Temptalia named Benefit's "They're Real" mascara as the Reader's Choice winner for Best High End Mascara from 2013 to 2015.  As well as receiving the Reader's Choice Award of Best Mascara in department stores by Allure (magazine) in 2014. 
- "Benefit Cosmetics, makeup, beauty, skincare - Perfumes & Cosmetics - LVMH". LVMH. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- Flaherty, Somer. "The Tiburon Twins Behind Benefit Cosmetics | Marin Magazine". www.marinmagazine.com. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- Millea, Holly (3 June 2011). "One Woman's Mammogram Drama". ELLE. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "Meet Benefit - Benefit Cosmetics". www.benefitcosmetics.com. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "Benefit Cosmetics LLC: Private Company Information - Businessweek". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "Benefit Cosmetics Brows". Archived from the original on July 6, 2011. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- Yu, Tami (27 October 2011). "Benefit Cosmetics Founders Talk Shopping, Business Secrets And Fried Chicken". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "Most eyebrow waxes performed in 8 hours by a team". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "Everything You Need to Know About Benefit Hoola Bronzer". www.totalbeauty.com. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- Niven, Lisa. "10 Best Bronzers". www.vogue.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "One of the World's Best Face Bronzers Is Getting a Body Counterpart". InStyle.com. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "2017 Readers' Choice Awards". Temptalia Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- Siegel, Elizabeth. "2014 Readers' Choice Awards". Allure. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- Official Website
- Bailey Clark Instagram- OfficialBaileyC Snapchat- Blue203040