Grassy Lake, Alberta
|Census division||No. 2|
|Municipal district||Municipal District of Taber|
|• Governing body||Municipal District of Taber Council|
|• Total||1.61 km2 (0.62 sq mi)|
|Elevation||810 m (2,660 ft)|
|• Density||400/km2 (1,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
Grassy Lake is a hamlet in Alberta, Canada within the Municipal District of Taber. It is located on the Crowsnest Highway (Highway 3), midway between the cities of Lethbridge to the west and Medicine Hat to the east. It is approximately 13 km (8.1 mi) west of Burdett and 34 km (21 mi) east of Taber. It has an elevation of 810 metres (2,660 ft).
Grassy Lake was named for a nearby lake of the same name, which has since been drained.
As a designated place in the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, Grassy Lake recorded a population of 799 living in 179 of its 187 total private dwellings, a change of 23.1% from its 2011 population of 649. With a land area of 1.55 km2 (0.60 sq mi), it had a population density of 515.5/km2 (1,335.1/sq mi) in 2016.
As a designated place in the 2011 Census, Grassy Lake had a population of 649 living in 149 of its 156 total dwellings, a 46.5% change from its 2006 population of 443. With a land area of 1.61 km2 (0.62 sq mi), it had a population density of 403.1/km2 (1,044/sq mi) in 2011.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2010-07-05. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Place-names of Alberta. Ottawa: Geographic Board of Canada. 1928. p. 59.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- "About Us: Population & Statistics". Municipal District of Taber. Retrieved October 8, 2016.
- "MD Connection (newsletter): Fountain of Youth?" (PDF) (PDF). Municipal District of Taber. Summer 2013. p. 7. Retrieved August 29, 2013.[permanent dead link]