High Street railway station, New South Wales
Westbound view in July 2014
|Location||High Street, Maitland
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||191.41 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||27 May 1856|
High Street formerly had a wooden structure on the footbridge, however this was destroyed by fire in 1987 and replaced with a waiting shelter on the platform. Only the eastern half of the platform remains in use, with the western part fenced off.
Platforms & services
High Street has one island platform with two faces. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink Hunter Line services travelling between Hamilton (Newcastle), Maitland and Telarah. It is also serviced by one early morning service to Scone.
|1||services to Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
|2||services to Maitland & Telarah||1 early morning service to Scone|
Hunter Valley Buses operate four routes via High Street station:
- 181: Woodbury to Rutherford
- 183: Regiment Road to Tenambit
- 184: Maitland to Chambers Street
- 185: Maitland to Gresford
- High Street Station NSWrail.net
- "Station News - North" Railway Digest February 1988 page 50
- "Hunter line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 18 April 2015.
- "Routes 181, 183 and 186 timetable". Hunter Valley Buses. 27 January 2015.
- "Routes 184, 185, 187 and 192 timetable". Hunter Valley Buses. 27 January 2015.