High Street railway station, New South Wales
Westbound view in July 2014
|Location||High Street, Maitland|
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||191.41 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||27 May 1856|
|Passengers (2013)||90 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
High Street formerly had a wooden structure on the footbridge, however this was destroyed by fire in 1987 and replaced with a waiting shelter on the platform. Only the eastern half of the platform remains in use, with the western part fenced off.
Platforms & services
High Street has one island platform with two faces. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink Hunter Line services travelling between Newcastle, Maitland and Telarah. It is also serviced by one early morning service to Scone.
|1||services to Newcastle|||
|2||services to Maitland & Telarah||1 early morning service to Scone|
Hunter Valley Buses operate four routes via High Street station:
- 181: Woodbury to Rutherford
- 183: Regiment Road to Tenambit
- 184: Maitland to Chambers Street
- 185: Maitland to Gresford
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- High Street Station NSWrail.net
- "Station News - North" Railway Digest February 1988 page 50
- "Hunter line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Hunter Valley Buses route 181". Transport for NSW.
- "Hunter Valley Buses route 183". Transport for NSW.
- "Hunter Valley Buses route 184". Transport for NSW.
- "Hunter Valley Buses route 185". Transport for NSW.