Thornton railway station, New South Wales
Westbound view in August 2006
|Location||Karuah Street, Thornton
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||182.19 kilometres from Central|
|Opened||10 February 1913|
The original station opened on 1 August 1871 as Woodford being renamed in 1887 to avoid confusion with Woodford station in the Blue Mountains. The line from Tarro was duplicated in 1880 and quadrupled in February 1913 when the current station opened.
To the south-west of the station, the Bloomfield Colliery branches off.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
|2||services to Maitland & Telarah||1 early morning service to Scone|
- Thornton Railway Station NSW Environment & Heritage
- "The Great Northern Railway, Newcastle to Maitland 150 years on" Australian Railway History March 2007
- Thornton Station NSWrail.net
- "Hunter line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 18 April 2015.
- "Routes 182 and 189 timetable". Hunter Valley Buses. 27 January 2015.