Software industry in Telangana
Telangana has a significant amount of Software export in India. While the majority of the Industry is concentrated in Hyderabad, other cities are also becoming significant IT destinations in the state.
In Hyderabad, the central region of the business happens in HITEC City, in the Madhapur suburb. Development of HITEC City prompted several IT and ITES companies to set up operations in the city, and has led civic boosters to call their city "Cyberabad".
Telangana ICT policy
Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao unveiled the Telangana ICT policy 2016  along with four other policies in the presence of Governor ESL Narasimhan and NR Narayana Murthy, Chairman Emeritus, Infosys, leading IT sector players and captains of industry.
As per the vision statement of the Telangana ICT policy 2016, it is proposed to transform Telangana into the most preferred destination for any IT company which is planning a new facility and enable it to make it a global hub for technology entrepreneurship and innovation in the country.
- 3i Infotech
- Analog Devices
- Automatic Data Processing (ADP)
- Bank of America
- Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Capital IQ
- CGI Group
- Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS)
- Computer Associates
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
- Covansys Corporation
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- EA Mobile
- EA Sports
- FactSet Research Systems
- General Electric (GE)
- Hyundai Mobis
- ICICI Bank
- Juno Online Services
- JPMorgan Chase
- Kantar Group
- Model N
- Progress Software
- Rhythm and Hues Studios, India
- Sierra Atlantic
- Sumtotal Systems
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Tata Elxsi
- Tech Mahindra
- Thomson Reuters
- UBS AG
- Verizon Communications
- Wells Fargo
- Wipro Technologies
Notable IT Entrepreneurs
- Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft
- Prem Watsa, Chairman and CEO of Fairfax Holdings, the Waren Buffet of Canada
- Shantanu Narayen, CEO of Adobe
- Ashok Soota, Ex-Chairman and Managing Director, Mindtree.
- Rajat Gupta, Managing Director, McKinsey & Co.
- Srini Raju Co-Founder and Chairman of Peepul Capital (successor to iLabs Venture Capital Fund), a Private Equity (PE) firm based out of Hyderabad and Chennai.