This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|District of Chhattisgarh|
Location of Janjgir–Champa district in Chhattisgarh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||1|
|• Assembly seats||6|
|• Total||3,853 km2 (1,488 sq mi)|
|• Density||420/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|• Sex ratio||986|
|Average annual precipitation||1157.1 mm|
Janjgir–Champa is a district in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh and is a small developing district. The District Headquarters Janjgir of the district Janjgir–Champa is the city of Maharaja Jajawalya Dev of the Kalachuri dynasty. Earlier a part of the Bilaspur district, Jangir was carved out in 1998 to a separate district of its own, and ran to a political controversy about the name of the freshly minted district, which it carries to date as the name "Janjgir–Champa". Inhabitants are generally migrants from nearby villages.
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Administrative divisions
- 4 Economy
- 5 Transport
- 6 Demographics
- 7 Culture
- 8 Education
- 9 CBSE affiliated schools
- 10 Chhattisgarh Board affiliated schools
- 11 Nursing Colleges
- 12 B.ed Colleges
- 13 General Colleges
- 14 Other Colleges
- 15 Janjgir Champa District Overview
- 16 Janjgir Champa District Population 2011
- 17 Janjgir Champa District Population Growth Rate
- 18 Janjgir Champa District Density 2011
- 19 Janjgir Champa Literacy Rate 2011
- 20 Janjgir Champa Sex Ratio 2011
- 21 Janjgir Champa Child Population 2011
- 22 Description 2011 2001
- 23 Description Rural Urban
- 24 Janjgir Champa District Urban Population 2011
- 25 Janjgir Champa District Rural Population 2011
- 26 References
- 27 External links
The District was established on 25 May 1998, which is best known as The heart of Chhattisgarh because of its central locality in state. The Vishnu Mandir of the district reflects its golden past.
The Hasdeo–Bango project has been considered as life supporting canal for this district. Under this project 3/4 area of the district will be covered for irrigation. The district headquarters of Janjgir–Champa is Janjgir, which is situated on National Highway 49. Janjgir is 43 km from Bilaspur and 152 km from State capital Raipur through the rail route.
Janjgir–Champa district is divided into five subdivisions: Champa, Dabhara, Janjgir, Pamgarh, and Sakti.
There are fifteen R.I. mandals: Akalatara, Baloda, Bamhindih, Champa, Chandrapur, Dabhara, Hasod, Jaijaipur, Janjgir, Malkharoda, Nawagarh, Pamgarh, Rahod, Sakti, and Shivarinarayan.
There are nine blocks/janpad panchayats: Akaltara, Baloda, Bamhindih, Dabhara, Jaijaipur, Malkharoda, Nawagarh, Pamgarh, and Sakti.
Janjgir–Champa district is a major producer of food grains in the state. It is a major hub for agricultural trade and a major local market for fresh farm supplies and the district is also famous for lime stone.
Janjgir–Champa district is one of the fastest growing district of India, as 52 power plants are being opened in the district. Janjgir is going to become the "power hub" of our country, which will supply 15 to 20 thousand megawatt electricity. Wardha Power Plant(6 x 600 MW) which is 2nd biggest upcoming private thermal power plant of Asia is one of the major thermal power plant of the district.
District headquarters Janjgir is connected with Rail Line of South-Eastern Central Railway. It is situated on Howarah—Mumbai main line. State capital Raipur is 152 km from Janjgir through Rail route. The main railway stations of district Janjgir–Champa are Champa, Janjgir-Naila, Akaltara, Sakti, Baradwar. The railway station of Janjgir is called Janjgir-Naila after the part of the town in which it is located. Where as Champa JN is A-category Station.
According to the 2011 census Janjgir–Champa has a population of 1,620,632, roughly equal to the nation of Guinea-Bissau or the US state of Idaho. This gives it a ranking of 308th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 421 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,090/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 23.01%. Janjgir–Champa has a sex ratio of 991 females for every 1,000 males, and a literacy rate of 73.7%.
The Vishnu Mandir is an ancient artistic sample of Vaishnav community.
Tourism and religious place
Janjgir also carries an old world which is the essence of its existence. Janjgir has been the residence of Annie Funk, a Christian Missionary who lost her life in Titanic. Her house still lies deserted in the city and people often visit the ruins of her house. Further, the Nahariya Baba Temple, a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman has always been a place of interest for the tourists. Manka Devi Mandir of Khokhra is also a peaceful and nice place of district located between two big ponds. Major tourist places and religious pilgrims are Madanpurgarh, Rishabhtirth, and Vishnu Temple(Janjgir), Shivarinarayan, Pithampur(Kaleshwarnath Temple), Chandrapur(Chandrahasini Temple and Mahanadi river), Adbhar(Ashtabhuji Temple) and Kharod(Laxmenshwar temple).
CBSE affiliated schools
- Brilliant Public School[CBSE], Janjgir
- Gurukul Public School[CBSE],JANJGIR
- Shri Kailashpat Singhania Hr.Sec.School[CBSE],Gopal Nagar (Lafarge)
Chhattisgarh Board affiliated schools
- Nav Jagriti Higher Secondary School, Champa
- DBM Agriculture Higher Secondary School, Link Road Janjgir
- Gyan bharti higher secondary school, janjgir.
- Gyanoday Hr. Sec. School Akaltrara Road Janjgir
- Jay Bharat English. Medium. School, Janjgir .
- Lions English Higher Secondary School,Champa
- National Convent School,Dabhara
- R.K.Singh Higher Secondary School Akaltara
- ST.XAVIER'S HIGHER SEC SCHOOL,CCI AKALTARA
- LOTUS PUBLIC SCHOOL (CBSE PATTERN SCHOOL)
- DBM Industrial Training Institute, Link Road Janjgir
- Global pvt. Iti, Behind Manka Dai Mandir, Baloda Road, Akaltara
- Govt. Industrial Training Institute, Janjgir
- Govt.Industrial Training Institute, Akaltara
- Govt. Polytechnic college, Janjgir
- YASH ITI
- Ayushman nurshing college. (ANM), Janjgir.
- Surya College Of Nursing
- Gyanoday College Of Education Janjgir
- Pt harishanker college of education, janjgir.
- Utkarsh college of education,janjgir
- College of agriculture and research station janjgir champa
- Govt. Engineering college, Janjgir
- Indian Institute of Handloom and Textile Technology Champa
- Govt. M.M.R.Post Graduate college, Champa
- Jajwalyadeo Govt. Naveen Girl's College Janjgir
- T.C.L. GOVT. P.G. COLLEGE, Janjgir
- Thakur Indrajeet Singh Mahavidyalay, Akaltara
Janjgir Champa District Overview
- An official Census 2011 detail of Janjgir Champa has been released by Directorate of Census Operations in Chhattisgarh. Enumeration of key persons was also done by census officials in Janjgir Champa District of Chhattisgarh.
Janjgir Champa District Population 2011
- In 2011, Janjgir Champa had population of 1,619,707 of which male and female were 815,717 and 803,990 respectively. In 2001 census, Janjgir Champa had a population of 1,317,431 of which males were 659,388 and remaining 658,043 were females. Janjgir Champa District population constituted 6.34 percent of total Chhattisgarh population. In 2001 census, this figure for Janjgir Champa District was at 6.32 percent of Maharashtra population.
Janjgir Champa District Population Growth Rate
- There was change of 22.94 percent in the population compared to population as per 2001. In the previous census of India 2001, Janjgir Champa District recorded increase of 18.67 percent to its population compared to 1991.
Janjgir Champa District Density 2011
- The initial provisional data released by census India 2011, shows that density of Janjgir Champa district for 2011 is 420 people per km2. In 2001, Janjgir Champa district density was at 342 people per km2. Janjgir Champa district administers 3,853 square kilometers of areas.
Janjgir Champa Literacy Rate 2011
- Average literacy rate of Janjgir Champa in 2011 were 73.07 compared to 65.94 of 2001. If things are looked out at gender wise, male and female literacy were 84.72 and 61.31 respectively. For 2001 census, same figures stood at 81.82 and 50.14 in Janjgir Champa District. Total literate in Janjgir Champa District were 1,019,634 of which male and female were 593,679 and 425,955 respectively. In 2001, Janjgir Champa District had 720,507 in its district.
Janjgir Champa Sex Ratio 2011
- With regards to Sex Ratio in Janjgir Champa, it stood at 986 per 1000 male compared to 2001 census figure of 998. The average national sex ratio in India is 940 as per latest reports of Census 2011 Directorate. In 2011 census, child sex ratio is 950 girls per 1000 boys compared to figure of 966 girls per 1000 boys of 2001 census data.
Janjgir Champa Child Population 2011
- In census enumeration, data regarding child under 0-6 age were also collected for all districts including Janjgir Champa. There were total 224,218 children under age of 0-6 against 224,792 of 2001 census. Of total 224,218 male and female were 114,957 and 109,261 respectively. Child Sex Ratio as per census 2011 was 950 compared to 966 of census 2001. In 2011, Children under 0-6 formed 13.84 percent of Janjgir Champa District compared to 17.06 percent of 2001. There was net change of -3.22 percent in this compared to previous census of India.
Description 2011 2001
- Actual Population 1,619,707 1,317,431
- Male 815,717 659,388
- Female 803,990 658,043
- Population Growth 22.94% 18.67%
- Area km2 3,853 3,853
- Density/km2 420 342
- Proportion to Chhattisgarh Population 6.34% 6.32%
- Sex Ratio (Per 1000) 986 998
- Child Sex Ratio (0-6 Age) 950 966
- Average Literacy 73.07 65.94
- Male Literacy 84.72 81.82
- Female Literacy 61.31 50.14
- Total Child Population (0-6 Age) 224,218 224,792
- Male Population (0-6 Age) 114,957 114,349
- Female Population (0-6 Age) 109,261 110,443
- Literates 1,019,634 720,507
- Male Literates 593,679 445,925
- Female Literates 425,955 274,582
- Child Proportion (0-6 Age) 13.84% 17.06%
- Boys Proportion (0-6 Age) 14.09% 17.34%
- Girls Proportion (0-6 Age) 13.59% 16.78%
Description Rural Urban
- Population (%) 86.10% 13.90%
- Total Population 1,394,646 225,061
- Male Population 701,401 114,316
- Female Population 693,245 110,745
- Sex Ratio 988 969
- Child Sex Ratio (0-6) 955 923
- Child Population (0-6) 195,052 29,166
- Male Child(0-6) 99,788 15,169
- Female Child(0-6) 95,264 13,997
- Child Percentage (0-6) 13.99% 12.96%
- Male Child Percentage 14.23% 13.27%
- Female Child Percentage 13.74% 12.64%
- Literates 859,400 160,234
- Male Literates 503,744 89,935
- Female Literates 355,656 70,299
- Average Literacy 71.64% 81.80%
- Male Literacy 83.73% 90.71%
- Female Literacy 59.48% 72.66%
Janjgir Champa District Urban Population 2011
- Out of the total Janjgir Champa population for 2011 census, 13.90 percent lives in urban regions of district. In total 225,061 people lives in urban areas of which males are 114,316 and females are 110,745. Sex Ratio in urban region of Janjgir Champa district is 969 as per 2011 census data. Similarly child sex ratio in Janjgir Champa district was 923 in 2011 census. Child population (0-6) in urban region was 29,166 of which males and females were 15,169 and 13,997. This child population figure of Janjgir Champa district is 13.27% of total urban population. Average literacy rate in Janjgir Champa district as per census 2011 is 81.80% of which males and females are 90.71% and 72.66% literates respectively. In actual number 160,234 people are literate in urban region of which males and females are 89,935 and 70,299 respectively.
Janjgir Champa District Rural Population 2011
- As per 2011 census, 86.10% population of Janjgir Champa districts lives in rural areas of villages. The total Janjgir Champa district population living in rural areas is 1,394,646 of which males and females are 701,401 and 693,245 respectively. In rural areas of Janjgir Champa district, sex ratio is 988 females per 1000 males. If child sex ratio data of Janjgir Champa district is considered, figure is 955 girls per 1000 boys. Child population in the age 0-6 is 195,052 in rural areas of which males were 99,788 and females were 95,264. The child population comprises 14.23% of total rural population of Janjgir Champa district. Literacy rate in rural areas of Janjgir Champa district is 71.64% as per census data 2011. Gender wise, male and female literacy stood at 83.73 and 59.48 percent respectively. In total, 859,400 people were literate of which males and females were 503,744 and 355,656 respectively.
All details regarding Janjgir Champa District have been processed by us after receiving from Govt. of India. We are not responsible for errors to population census details of Janjgir Champa District.
- "About District: Administrative Information". Janjgir–Champa District. Archived from the original on 15 October 2012.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Guinea-Bissau 1,596,677 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-10-19. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Janjgir Facebook
-  List of places in Janjgir_1achampa
- Official website
- Janjgir website
- Map of Janjgir