This article possibly contains original research. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location in Odisha, India
|• Member of Lok Sabha||Sarmistha Sethi|
|• Total||2,888 km2 (1,115 sq mi)|
|Elevation||331 m (1,086 ft)|
|• Density||658/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|• Official||Odia, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||OD-04(for Chandikhol)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jajpur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||7|
|Precipitation||1,014 millimetres (39.9 in)|
|Avg. summer temperature||38 °C (100 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||12 °C (54 °F)|
|This article is part of a series on|
Jajpur is a district of Odisha, India. The Odisha Government carried out a re-organisation of districts of Odisha in 1993. The erstwhile Cuttack district was split into multiple district with Jajpur being one of them . The district came into being on 1st April 1993.
According to the 2011 census Jajpur district has a population of 1,826,275, roughly equal to the nation of Kosovo or the US state of Nebraska. This gives it a ranking of 261st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 630 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,600/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001–2011 was 12.43%. Jajpur has a sex ratio of 972 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 80.44%.
The district consists of 1 subdivision Jajpur. It also consists of 10 blocks.
The district consists of one Parliamentary constituency Jajpur.This is currently represented by Sarmistha Sethi of Biju Janata Dal.
Vidhan Sabha Constituencies
|No.||Constituency||Reservation||Extent of the Assembly Constituency (Blocks)||Member of 16th Assembly||Party|
|48||Binjharpur||SC||Binjharpur, Dasarathpur (part)||Smt. Pramila Mallik||BJD|
|49||Bari||None||Bari, Jajpur (part), Rasulpur (part)||Debasis Nayak||BJD|
|50||Barchana||None||Barchana||Amar Prasad Satpathy||BJD*|
|51||Dharmasala||None||Dharmasala, Rasulpur (part)||Pranab Kumar Balabantray||BJD|
|52||Jajpur||None||Jajpur (M), Jajpur (part), Dasharathpur (part)||Pranab Prakash Das||BJD|
|53||Korei||None||Vyasanagar (M), Vyasanagar (O. G), Korei, Rasulpur (part)||Ashok Kumar Bal||BJD|
|54||Sukinda||None||Sukinda, Dangadi||Pritiranjan Ghadai||BJD|
- N.C. Autonomous College, Jajpur Town
- Vyasanagar College, Vyasanagar, Jajpur
- S G College, Kanikapada, Jajpur
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Kosovo 1,825,632 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-10-19. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Decadal Variation In Population Since 1901
- "Tehsil - India". Jajpur District:Odisha. 2018-03-20. Retrieved 2019-06-21.
- "Subdivision & Blocks - India" (PDF). Jajpur District:Odisha. 2018-03-20. Archived from the original on 2019-06-21. Retrieved 2019-06-21.
- "Village & Panchayats - India". Jajpur District:Odisha. 2018-03-20. Retrieved 2019-06-21.
- Assembly Constituencies and their EXtent
- Seats of Odisha
- "Constituencies - India". Jajpur District:Odisha. 2018-03-20. Retrieved 2019-06-21.