|• Total||412.25 km2 (159.17 sq mi)|
|• Density||430/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
Kanaighat is located at. It has 29568 households and total area 412.25 km².
At the 2001 Bangladesh census, Kanaighat had a population of about 2,50,000. Males constituted 50.49% of the population, and females 49.51%. The population of those aged 18 and older was 85,855. Kanaighat had an average literacy rate of 62% (7+ years). Religions: Muslim 95%, Hindu 4.10%, Christian 0.2%, and tribal 0.3%.
Points of interest
- Gasbari Bazar
- Suraighat Bazar
- Chatul Bazar
- Soroker Bazar
- Ujan Birdal
Kanaighat has 1 municipality (Pourasava), 9 Unions/ Wards, 252 Mauzas/ Mahallas, and 288 villages. The municipality is: Kanaighat. The unions are:
- Purba Laksmiprasad Chairman: MD. Foyaj Uddin
- Paschim Laksmiprasad Chairman: MD. Faruq Ahmed
- Purba Dighirpar Chairman: MD. Abdul Mumin Chowdhury
- Shathback Chairman: Foyjul Islam
- Bara Chatul Chairman: Mubosshir Ali
- Kanaighat Chairman: Sirajul Islam
- Dakshin Banigram Chairman: Masud Ahmed
- Jhingrabari Chairman: Rofiq Ahmed Chowdhury
- Rajaganj Chairman: Manik Mia
- Chairman: Ashik Uddin Chowdhury
- Woman Vice Chairman: Moriom Begum
- Vice Chairman: Jahangir Alam Rana
- Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO): Tareq Mohammad Jakaria
- Officer In Charge (OC): Md. Abdul Aowal Chowdhury
Some Educational Institutions are:
- Dhurgapur High School & College, Chatul Bazar.
- Darul Ulom Kanighat Madrasah.
- Kanaighat Mansuria Kamil Madrasah,
- Gasbari J.U. Kamil Madrasah,
- Jhingabari Senior Madrasah,
- Kanaighat Degree College,
- Kanaighat Women's College,
- Gasbari Women's Madrasha,
- Kanaighat Government High School,
- Universal Model Academy.
- Jayanta Singh Roy (2012), "Kanaighat Upazila", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal, Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh