This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. The specific problem is: The article may need additional information after requested cleanup.October 2018)(
|30th Governor of Bihar|
|Assumed office |
23 August 2018
|Preceded by||Satya Pal Malik|
|Member of Parliament for Lucknow|
16 May 2009 – 16 May 2014
|Preceded by||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Succeeded by||Rajnath Singh|
|Born||12 April 1935|
Lucknow, United Provinces, British India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Children||Ashutosh Tandon, Billu Tandon Grandchild = Kushal Tandon|
|Residence||Raj Bhavan, Patna|
|Website||Lok Sabha webpage|
He has been a member of Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Parishad (Legislative Council) for two terms, 1978–84 and remained the Leader of House, of the Council, 1990–96. Subsequently he remained a member of Bihar Legislative Assembly (MLA) for three terms, 1996–2009, and remained the Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, 2003-07. He had also served as Urban Development minister in the Uttar Pradesh cabinet under Mayawati (in the BSP-BJP combine), and also in the Kalyan Singh ministry earlier.
In May 2009, he was elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from Lucknow by a margin over 40,000 votes over Rita Bahuguna Joshi of Indian National Congress. The seat was earlier held by former BJP President Atal Bihari Vajpayee since 1991 for four consecutive terms. Despite an enormous electoral spending, Akhilesh Das of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) polled third, trailing by 70 thousand votes.
He was sworn in as governor of Bihar on 23 August 2018.
Tandon is married to Krishna Tandon, with whom he has 3 sons and 4 grandchildren.
- "Lalji Tandon is BJP's LS candidate from Lucknow". Rediff.com. 27 February 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "UP stampede toll 21, PM rushing to Lucknow". Rediff.com. 12 April 2004. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- "Lalji Tandon defeats Rita Bahuguna Joshi in Lucknow". Business Standard. 16 May 2009. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- "Veteran BJP leader Lalji Tandon sworn in as governor of Bihar, replaces Satya Pal Malik". Firstpost. 23 August 2018. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
| Member of Parliament
2009 – 2014
Satya Pal Malik
| Governor of Bihar
23 August 2018 - Present
Equip farmers with technology: Governor Lalji Tandon 
Bihar: Krishi Kumbh begins in Motihari 
- "Lalji Tandon". Lok Sabha.
- Mishra, B K (14 December 2018). "Bal Bhavan to have library and cinema hall: Bihar governor". Times of India.
|This article about a Bihar politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|