London Buses route 607
Trolleybus route 607
|Night-time||Night bus N207|
|End||White City bus station|
Route 607 is one of the few limited-stop routes in London. It was established on 21 July 1990 as an express service on the same route as route 207 between Uxbridge station and Shepherd's Bush Green via Uxbridge Road on Mondays to Saturdays.
Its number was previously used by a trolleybus route over the same roads, which operated from 15 November 1936 until 8 November 1960 when it was abolished as part of the London Trolleybus Withdrawal Programme and replaced by bus route 207. It is the only regular route in the 6xx series that is otherwise reserved for school routes.
When the route was established, it was operated by MCW Metrobuses, out of Hanwell and Uxbridge garages by CentreWest. The route was included in the sale of CentreWest to First London in March 1997.
In the early 2000s, it was proposed that the route be replaced by the West London Tram, however this project was abandoned in 2007. On 29 November 2008, route 607 was extended from Shepherd's Bush Green to White City bus station to coincide with the opening of Westfield London.
Route 607 operates via these primary locations:
- Uxbridge station
- Ealing Hospital
- West Ealing for West Ealing station
- The Broadway for Ealing Broadway station
- Ealing Common station
- Acton Town Hall
- Shepherd's Bush Market station
- Shepherd's Bush stations
- White City bus station for Wood Lane station
- "Low-floor double-deckers flood in" Buses issue 536 November 1999 page 14
- Webber, Mick (1997). London Trolleybus Chronology 1931-1962. Shepperton: Ian Allan. ISBN 0-7110-2528-2.
- Blacker, Ken (2004). The London Trolleybus. Volume 2: 1946–1962. Harrow: Capital Transport. ISBN 978-1-85414-285-6.
- Reed, John (2000). London Buses: A Brief History. Capital Transport Publishing. p. 70. ISBN 9781854142337.
- Rough ride for a tram line Evening Standard 8 October 2004
- Controversial tram plan derailed BBC News 3 August 2007
- New White City bus station will cater for 10,000 passengers a day Transport for London 25 November 2008
- FirstGroup Announces Sale of Eight London Bus Depots FirstGroup 9 April 2013
- Route Map Transport for London