Mackinnon Road Airport
|Mackinnon Road Airport|
|Airport type||Public, Civilian|
|Owner||Kenya Airports Authority|
|Serves||Mackinnon Road, Kenya|
|Location||Mackinnon Road, Kenya|
|Elevation AMSL||1,181 ft / 360 m|
Mackinnon Road Airport (IATA: n/a, ICAO: HKMR) is located in Taita-Taveta County, in the town of Mackinnon Road, in southeastern Kenya, close to the International border with the Republic of Tanzania and to the eastern coast of Kenya, on the shores of the Indian Ocean. The airport lies just below the southern tip of Tsavo East National Park.
Its location is approximately 357 kilometres (222 mi), by air, southeast of Nairobi International Airport, the country’s largest civilian airport. Makinnon Road Airport is located approximately 70 kilometres (43 mi), by air, northwest of Moi International Airport, the nearest International Airport. The geographic coordinates of this airport are:3° 44' 0.00"S, 39° 2' 42.00"E (Latitude:-3.733334; Longitude:39.045000).
Mackinnon Road Airport is a small airport that serves the town of Mackinnon Road and the adjacent Tsavo National Park. Situated at 1,181 feet (360 m) above sea level, the airport has a single unpaved runway that is 3,707 feet (1,130 m) long and 98 feet (30 m) wide.
Airlines and destinations
At the moment there are no regular, scheduled airline services to Mackinnon Road Airport.
- "Distance between Mackinnon Road (Coast) and Jomo Kenyatta Airport Nairobi (Nairobi Area) (Kenya)". distancecalculator.globefeed.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Distance between Mackinnon Road (Coast) and Mombasa () (Airport) (Kenya)". distancecalculator.globefeed.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "IVAO - International Virtual Aviation Organization". www.ivao.aero. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Location of Mackinnon Road Airport At Google Maps
- Website of Kenya Airports Authority
- Airkenya Flight Routes
- Airport information for HKMR at Great Circle Mapper.