|Airport type||Public, Civilian|
|Owner||Kenya Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||3,300 ft / 1,000 m|
Its location is approximately 146 kilometres (91 mi), by air, southeast of Nairobi International Airport, the country’s largest civilian airport. The geographic coordinates of this airport are:2° 17' 33.00"S, +37° 49' 36.00"E (Latitude:-2.292500; Longitude:37.826667).
Makindu Airport is a small airport that serves the town of Makindu and the adjacent communities. Situated 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) above sea level, the airport has a single unpaved runway that measures 3,000 feet (910 m) in length.
Airlines and destinations
At the moment there are no regular, scheduled airline services to Makindu Airport.
- Makueni County
- Eastern Province (Kenya)
- Kenya Airports Authority
- Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
- List of airports in Kenya
- "Distance between Jomo Kenyatta Airport Nairobi (Nairobi Area) and Makindu (Eastern) (Kenya)". distancecalculator.globefeed.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- allmetsat. "airport : Makindu Kenya". en.allmetsat.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Length of Makindu Airport Runway Archived 2011-09-30 at the Wayback Machine.
- Location of Makindu Airport At Google Maps
- Website of Kenya Airports Authority
- Airkenya Flight Routes
- Airport information for HKMU at Great Circle Mapper.