McDelivery motorcycles in South Korea, 2008
|Industry||Online food ordering|
Number of locations
|35 Locations (February 2019)|
￼ McDelivery is a McDonald's service that delivers food to the customer's door. The service was introduced in parts of the United States beginning in 1993 and is available in many Asian, Middle Eastern and Latin American countries using motorcycle couriers. In some countries, delivery is available 24 hours a day, and in at least one location, the service is free with a minimum order.
- 1 International availability
- 1.1 Austria
- 1.2 Australia
- 1.3 Brazil
- 1.4 Canada
- 1.5 China
- 1.6 Cyprus
- 1.7 Hong Kong
- 1.8 India
- 1.9 Indonesia
- 1.10 Israel
- 1.11 Japan
- 1.12 Malaysia
- 1.13 Netherlands
- 1.14 New Zealand
- 1.15 South Korea
- 1.16 Pakistan
- 1.17 Philippines
- 1.18 Romania
- 1.19 Russia
- 1.20 Singapore
- 1.21 Slovenia
- 1.22 South Africa
- 1.23 Spain
- 1.24 Taiwan
- 1.25 Turkey
- 1.26 United States
- 1.27 United Kingdom
- 2 References
- 3 External links
McDelivery is available in Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Brazil, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Chile,Cyprus, Egypt, Germany, Georgia, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India,Indonesia,Israel, Japan, Jordan, South Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia,New Zealand, Pakistan, Qatar, Philippines, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom. In the United States, the service is available in some parts of Manhattan.
The first McDonald's delivery service on the European continent started in 2013 with a trial in Wien-Hietzing. Deliveries are now available all across the capital city from 11am to 11pm at a cost of €4 and a minimum order requirement of €8.
A trial of McDelivery began in Australia in November 2013. The service was rolled out more widely across the country from August 2014 in partnership with Menulog. Delivery times vary according to location. Some branches deliver breakfast, lunch and dinner but a 5pm-9pm window is most common. The delivery fee is usually A$4.95 (US$3.81) with a minimum order requirement of A$25 (US$19.23).
McDelivery in Brazil began in June 2018. The order can be placed through https://mcdelivery.mcdonalds.com.br/ using a frictionless checkout or through the app.
McDelivery in Canada is done via UberEats. However, the availability of menu items varies by location.
The service in Cyprus started in February 2014 from the Limassol restaurant only and then continued to include all main towns of Cyprus(Nicosia, Paphos, Limassol, Larnaka and Famagusta). Delivery is available from 11am to 1am at a limited radius for each town. The delivery cost is €2 with a minimum order of €10 food. The order can be placed through a call center (7777 2626) or through Cyprus McDonald's website (www.mcdelivery.com.cy)
In Hong Kong, 24-hour McDelivery was first introduced in 2009, available to majority of the urban area in the territory. Orders are made by telephone and can be placed up to 7 days in advance. As of 2012, the service costs HK$12 (US$1.55) for each delivery, with no minimum order requirement. The fee is waived if the value of the order exceeds HK$60 (US$7.73).
Most, if not all, orders are delivered on motorcycles, which are painted with McDonald's colours and logo. Logistics are outsourced to Rixon Delivery and Flow Logistics. The firm initially recruited delivery workers on a "self-employment" basis. The labour rights of the workers came to media attention in 2009, after some motorcyclists were severely injured in traffic accidents but were refused compensation. According to news reports, neglect on the part of Rixon may have contributed to these accidents, because of the way the delivery storage on the motorcycles was modified. After intervention by the Labour Department, Rixon retroactively recognized its delivery workers as employees, making them eligible for unemployment and other employee benefits.
In Indonesia, delivery costs Rp. 11,500 (US$0.78), with a minimum order of Rp. 21,500 (US$1.61).
McDelivery was introduced to Israel in 2016, currently the service opperates only in Tel Aviv, Ramat Gan, Bat Yam, Givatayim, Holon and all of Gush Dan area.  Delivery is free but it starts from 80 ILS minimum for an order.
McDelivery was introduced to Malaysia in March 1994. The delivery fee is RM4.25. The service is available 24 hours, 7 days every week in certain areas. The minimum order is RM18.
In The Netherlands, McDelivery is available since 2017 in selected cities only. Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht are amongst them. If successful, more cities may follow. Ordering needs to be done via the Ubereats website or app. No minimal order is required. Delivery fee is €2,50.
In New Zealand McDelivery began operating in July 2016.
24 hour McDelivery is available in Pakistan, there is no minimum order limit or any delivery charges. Several exclusive delivery deals are available through online orders only on www.mcdelivery.com.pk
In the Philippines, 24 hour McDelivery is only available in Metro Manila, and a few more cities in some provinces such as Metro Cebu, Davao, Laguna, Rizal, Cavite, Batangas, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Bulacan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, and Ilocos Norte. There is no minimum order required and the delivery charge is PHP49.00. The rate is fixed regardless of the item total.
McDelivery (in Russian Макдоставка, McDostavka) was available in Moscow by UberEats, after the service was sailed to Yandex, new Yandex.Yeda available in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod, Rostov on Don, Ekaterinburg and Kazan.
In Singapore, 24 hour McDelivery was introduced in 2005. The service is made possible islandwide by 59 restaurants at various locations, which are known as "hubs". There is a S$3.50 (US$2.54) delivery fee for online orders, S$4 (US$2.9) for telephone orders, and a minimum order of S$10 (US$7.25) in most areas.
In several street blocks of Ljubljana's downtown, McDonald's announced its delivery service to begin in June 2018. The company set the conditions for a minimum order of one whole meal. The orders can be made online via eHrana.si.
In Turkey delivery is free. Orders can be made by phone calling 4446262 or online on www.mcdonalds.com.tr. There's also an online food ordering website called Yemeksepeti working with most of the restaurants including McDonald's.
In the United States, delivery began in 1993 in Virginia. The service expanded to Manhattan in 1994 and continues to be available at ten Manhattan restaurants via the Seamless delivery company.
A trial period for the service began in June 2017, prior to a potential formal roll-out of the service nationwide over Autumn 2017. A press release by the UK branch of McDonald's cited promising growth in the takeaway delivery sector that could assure such a scheme's success in the country. McDelivery is carried out via UberEats. The current locations in the UK are:
- "McDonald's home delivery takes off across Australia". Goodfood. 6 August 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "McDelivery". Bahrain: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McEntrega" (in Portuguese). Brazil: McDonald's. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "24hr McDelivery" (in Chinese). China. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McEntrega" (in Spanish). Colombia: McDonald's. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Chile, CNN. "McDelivery llega a Chile: McDonald's está disponible desde app como Pedidos Ya, Glovo y Rappi". CNN Chile (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "McDelivery". Cyprus: McDonald's.
- "McDelivery". Egypt: McDonald's. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "McDelivery: McDonald's Lieferservice". Germany: McDonald's.
- "McDelivery". Georgia: Drive.ge.
- "McEntrega" (in Spanish). Guatemala: McDonald's.
- "24hr McDelivery" (in Chinese). Hong Kong: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDelivery". India,Delhi: McDonald's. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "McDelivery". India,Mumbai: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Delivery". Indonesia: McDonald's. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "McDelivery" (in Japanese). Japan: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDelivery". Jordan: McDonald's. Retrieved December 24, 2016.
- "24/7 McDelivery". South Korea: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDelivery". Kuwait: McDonald's. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "McDonald's". Lebanon: McDonald's.
- "McDelivery" (in Malay). Malaysia: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDelivery". Pakistan. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McEntrega". Panama. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "24/7 McDelivery". Qatar: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDonald's - McDelivery vine la tine". mcdonalds.ro. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- "McDelivery". Saudi Arabia: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "24/7 McDelivery". Singapore: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDonald's dostava Ljubljana od junija 2018 postaja realnost, a zgolj v Centru, delu Šiške, Bežigrada, Viča in Most | UPORABNA STRAN". www.blog.uporabnastran.si (in Slovenian). Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "McDelivery South Africa". South Africa: McDonald's. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "A domicilio | McDonald's España". McDonald's España. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- "McDelivery Sri Lanka". Sri Lanka: McDonald's. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "24hr McDelivery" (in Chinese). Taiwan: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDonald's" (in Thai). Thailand: McDonald's.
- "McDelivery". UAE: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDelivery". UK: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Jargon, Julie (13 December 2011). "Asia Delivers for McDonald's". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "McDelivery". Australia: McDonald's. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Canada, McDonald's. "McDelivery Canada". McDonald's Canada. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "McDelivery FAQ" (in Chinese). China: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Cite error: The named reference
MrDeliverywas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "MrDelivery T&C". Cyprus: Family Restaurants Andreao Co Ltd.
- 尾重頭輕 員工質疑「麥麥送」車設計違例（明報）2009年8月15日
- LD responds to media enquiries on Rixon deliverymen's rights and benefits News.Gov.HK 14 August 2009
- 勞工處接 15宗麥麥送工傷賠償查詢（蘋果日報）2009年8月22日
- "McDonald's launches All India Single Number for McDelivery". 16 March 2007. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDelivery". India: McDonald's. Retrieved 3 August 2016. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "in" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- McDelivery|url=https://order.mcdonalds.co.il/.html%7Caccessdate=14 February 2014|date=16 March 2007}}
- "McDelivery FAQ". South Korea: McDonald's. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "McDelivery FAQ". Singapore: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDelivery FAQ" (in Chinese). Taiwan: McDonald's. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "McDonald's is trying out home delivery in Virginia". The New York Times. 24 November 1993. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "And Now, McDelivery; Latest in Un-Home Cooking". The New York Times. 5 November 1994. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Google search: McDonald's on seamless.com". Google. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Williams, Holly (22 June 2017). "McDonald's launches long-awaited UK home delivery trial". Independent.
- Media related to McDelivery at Wikimedia Commons