This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2020)
2.0 / 1989
|Operating system||AmigaOS, Mac OS|
|Type||Bitmap graphics editor|
Photon Paint is a Hold-And-Modify (HAM) based bitmap graphics editor for the Amiga, first released in 1987. Photon Paint was the first bitmap graphics editor to incorporate 3D solid modeling and texture mapping as an integral part of the program.
Photon Paint was programmed by Oren Peli, Eyal Ofek, and Amir Zbeda at Bazbosoft, an Israeli software house. It was published by MicroIllusions of the US and distributed all over the world. The program sold some 250,000 units and received a best of breed award from Amiga World magazine.
- The original Photon Paint was released in 1987
- Photon Paint v2.0 was released in 1988
- A Macintosh version was also released in 1988
- Deluxe Paint, the most popular paint program for the Amiga
- Brilliance, a well-regarded rival to Deluxe Paint IV and V
- List of raster graphics editors
- Comparison of raster graphics editors