Sila language (Laos)
|Native to||Laos, Vietnam|
|Ethnicity||Si La people|
|2,500 (1995 & 2009 censuses)|
According to Edmondson (2002), the Sila number about 700 people in Vietnam and live in the following 3 villages.
- Seo Hay, Can Hồ Commune, Lai Châu Province, Vietnam
- Xì Theo Chai, Can Hồ Commune, Lai Châu Province, Vietnam
- Nậm Sín, Mường Nhé Commune, Điện Biên Province, Vietnam
According to the elderly Sila, seven Sila families had emigrated from Mường U and Mường Lá of Phongsaly Province, Laos 175 years ago. They initially arrived at a location called Mường Tùng, and relocated several times before arriving at their present locations.
- Edmondson, Jerold A. 2002. "The Central and Southern Loloish Languages of Vietnam". Proceedings of the Twenty-Eighth Annual Meeting of the Berkeley Linguistics Society: Special Session on Tibeto-Burman and Southeast Asian Linguistics (2002), pp. 1-13.
- Ma Ngọc Dung. 2000. Văn hóa Si La. Hà Nội: Nhà xuất ban văn hóa dân tôc.