Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
'Samudyogo hi vishvajita"
Motto in English
|Diligent Efforts Conquer the World|
|Type||Education and Research Institution|
|Affiliation||University of Mumbai|
|Director||Dr. Manoj Bhide|
Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE) is a management institute under the aegis of the University of Mumbai. It was named after the then-governor of Bombay Lord Sydenham of Combe in 1913.
SIMSREE’s parent institute, Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics is one of the most renowned commerce colleges in India. Established in October 1913, Sydenham College, commenced its journey as the first college of commerce in Asia. It was named after the then-governor of Bombay, Lord Sydenham of Combe, who was an early proponent in the spread of commerce-based vocational courses in India. Thus, Sydenham College became the oldest degree-awarding institution in commerce. SIMSREE was established in 1983, carrying forward the rich legacy of Sydenham College. K. S. Aiyar acted as first honorary principal of the college. It was only in 1941, twenty-eight years after the establishment of Sydenham College, that any other institutes started offering courses in the subject. The motto of college is "Labor Omnia Vincit" (Work Conquers All) and in Sanskrit, "Samudyogo Hi Vishvajita" (Diligent Efforts Conquer the World).The college administration is under the purview of the government of Maharashtra. On the college's seventy-fifth anniversary in 1988, the Indian Post Office issued a commemorative stamp. In 1990, the TIME magazine regarded Sydenham College as the "Best Commerce College on this side of the Suez".
Today, SIMSREE has earned its reputation for fostering managerial acumen and entrepreneurship skills among its students, cultivating a student-driven culture which inculcates a sense of responsibility and accountability for aspiring managers. SIMSREE, being under the direct supervision of the Government of Maharashtra, provides students with the requisite corporate exposure and guidance from renowned faculty while charging nominal fees, making it one of the best colleges in terms of return-on-investment for students.
- Full Time Courses
- Masters of Management Studies (MMS) - 2 years (Affiliated to the University of Mumbai since 1983)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) - 2 years (Autonomous, initially 1 year course since 1976, 2 years course since 1992)
- Part Time Courses
- Master’s in Financial Management (MFM) - 3 years
- Master’s in Marketing Management (MMM) - 3 years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
The specialisation of Ph.D can be done in management related subjects like Marketing, Finance, Human Resource and Operations.
- Aashish Pawaskar - Screenplay writer, Scriptwriter, Associate Professor
- Abhay Lonkar - Director, Marketing & Sales, Abbott Healthcare Solutions
- Abhijeet Dey - VP, Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Co. Ltd.
- Akshay Dasani - VP & Unit Manager Corporate & Investment Banking Group Mashreq Bank
- Albert Almeida - COO, Marketing, Content & Communications Executive, Hungama Digital Media Entertainment
- Aniruddha Joshi - Client Partner to Global & Fortune 500 Companies, HCL America Inc.
- Anita Bhat Zutshi - VP Finance, Home & Personal Care, Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- Ashish Ambasta - Head Employee Engagement Practice (India, Middle East & APAC), People Business Consulting and Founder, SEE (School of Entrepreneurial Education)
- Ashish Bhasin - Chairman & CEO, South Asia Dentsu Aegis Network & Chairman, Posterscope & Pslive – Asia Pacific
- Ashish Hemrajani - Founder, CEO, Bigtree Entertainment
- Ashwin Yardi - CEO, Capgemini Consulting India Pvt. Ltd.
- Ashish Kapila - Director, Barclays Capital
- Avinash Kalia - Associate Director, Price Waterhouse Coopers
- Avinash Kaul - MD, IBN 18 Network
- Badhe Bharat Giridhar - Head, Marketing, Pidilite Industries Limited
- Cavas Dumasia - VP, Marketing & Sales, Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd.
- Charulata Sippy - Sr. VP, DSP Merrill Lynch Ltd.
- Dharmesh Sodha - Director, World Gold Council – India
- Dipali Mahesh - President, Pinnacle Studios
- Gagan Sikand - Director, Process Innovation, Pepsi
- Govind Dhananjayan - Chief, South Film Business, Disney UTV Motion Picture
- Govind Korekar - Director, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India LLP.
- Harneet Singh - VP & Head, Marketing, Domino’s Pizza India
- Hemant Katkar - Director, Investment Banking, Deutsche Bank
- Jason Gonsalves - VP, Corporate Planning & IT, Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd.
- Mahesh Balasubramaniam - Executive VP, Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Manoj Warang - Service Sales Manager, Nokia Solutions & Network.
- Munawwar Sah - Asst VP, Deutsche Bank
- Neeraj Roy - CEO & MD, Hungama.com
- Ninad Tapkeer - Regional Head, timesdeal.com, Times Internet Ltd.
- Parag Risbud - VP, Avalon Consulting
- Pramod Kasat - Countryhead, Investment Banking, IndusInd Bank, India
- Prashant Murukuta - Dy. VP, Axis Bank
- Prashant Rathi - Sr. VP, Bank of America
- Ritesh Poddar - Sr. VP & Associate Director, Citigroup (USA)
- Samir Dhamankar - VP, Deutsche Bank
- Sandeep Akolkar - President, Finance, Global & Offshore Service Ltd.
- Sanjay Apte - MD, Mortgage Banking, JP Morgan Chase
- Sanjay Behl - CEO, Raymond Ltd
- Sanjay Chandel - Promoter, Azure Capital Advisors Pvt. Ltd
- Satish Patil - Country Head, Bayer Biosciences
- Shyam Sutaria - CEO, International Business, Emami Ltd
- Subodh Salunkhe - General Manager, Operations & Regional Head Mumbai Region – HDFC Ltd
- Swati Nair - VP, Corporate Banking, HSBC
- Tarun Wadhwani - Head of Talent & Performance Management, Nestle
- Veera Dikshit - Director, Enterprise Business, India South Asia, IBM India
- Vivek Bhatnagar - General Manager, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
- Vivek Nadagouda - Director, Amdocs
- CRISIL: A** at National Level. A*** at Maharashtra Level, for both PGDBM and MMS
- Outlook – a) All India Rank: 24th b) 2nd best in ROI in India
- TIME Ranking “AA” at National Level
- Careers 360: Western Region Rank: 4th (Public Schools), All India Rank: 20th(Public Schools), Rank in terms of Work Experience: 8th
- MBA Universe: SIMSREE ranked 19th in All India B-School List
- CNBC TV18: 12th rank in terms of salary statistics, 6th rank in Top 10 University Departments
- NHRDN-People Matters B-School Ranking 2015
- Shraddha Kamdar (14 September 2015). ""Money will come if you are sincere, hardworking and honest" – Dr. Manoj Bhide, Director – Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Churchgate". Free Press Journal. Archived from the original on 28 October 2015. Retrieved 15 September 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "About Us". Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- "Academia". Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- "Network18 goes for a makeover". The Financial Express. 26 April 2016. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "B-School Fact File". Business Today. 19 June 2005. Retrieved 15 September 2015. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "How Raymond got its mojo back through CEO Sanjay Behl - The Economic Times". The Economic Times. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Emami - BOD & Management Team". www.emamigroup.com. Retrieved 6 November 2016.