This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location of district in Gujarat
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||GJ 26|
Tapi district is one of the 33 districts of Gujarat state in western India.It has 7 talukas Vyara, Songadh, Nijhar, Valod, Uchhal, Dolavan, Kukarmund. . Vyara town is the district headquarters. The district was formed in 2007 out of some talukas that were separated from Surat district.
As of 2011, 90.15% of the district's population is rural and 84.2% of its population is scheduled tribes.
According to the 2011 census Tapi district has a population of 806,489, roughly equal to the nation of Comoros or the US state of South Dakota. This gives it a ranking of 484th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 234 inhabitants per square kilometre (610/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 12.07%. Tapi has a sex ratio of 1004 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 69.23%.
People from the Tapi district
- "About Tapi". Government of Gujarat.
- "Tapi District Population, Caste, Religion Data (Gujarat) - Census 2011". Census 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Comoros 794,683 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
South Dakota 814,180
- Mohan, Sarala Jag, Chapter 4: "Twentieth-Century Gujarati Literature" (Google books link), in Natarajan, Nalini, and Emanuel Sampath Nelson, editors, Handbook of Twentieth-century Literatures of India, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Publishing Group, 1996, ISBN 978-0-313-28778-7, retrieved December 10, 2008
- "Mahal Eco Campsite". Gujarat Tourism. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Significant bird records and local extinctions in Purna and Ratanmahal Wildlife Sanctuaries, Gujarat, India-PRANAV TRIVEDI and V. C. SONI
|This article about a location in Tapi district, Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|