List of places named after Pope John Paul II
|Part of a series on the|
|Liturgy and worship|
|Criticism and controversies|
|Roman Catholicism book|
Pope John Paul II was celebrated during his lifetime and later posthumously with several honours and as the namesake of several places and institutions. Such places often bear the name John Paul II but newer institutions are using the name John Paul the Great.
Educational and cultural centres named in honour of the Pope include the Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family whose largest campuses are located at the Lateran University in Rome, Italy and Catholic University of America in Washington, DC, United States. Affiliated campuses are found in Australia, Benin, Brazil, India, Mexico and Spain. There is also a Pope John Paul II Cultural Center in the United States capital. John Paul the Great Catholic University is a rededicated degree-granting institution in San Diego, California. Several John Paul II Catholic Centres may be found on college and university campuses around the world, usually serving students and staff as Roman Catholic chapels. Several elementary and secondary schools also use the name John Paul II or John Paul the Great, like Pope John Paul the Great Catholic High School in Prince William County, Virginia, administered by the Dominican Sisters of Saint Cecilia or "Nashville Dominicans." (The tabernacle and cornerstone of the school were blessed by Pope Benedict XVI during Mass at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C. on 17 April 2008.)
Several national and municipal public projects were named in honour of the Pope. Rome's main railway station, the Roma Termini station, was dedicated to Pope John Paul II by a vote of the City Council, a first municipal public object in Rome bearing the name of a non Italian. International airports named after him are John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice — one of the principal airports of Poland—and the João Paulo II Airport in the Azores. The Juan Pablo II Bridge is located in Chile, while John Paul II Square in Bulgaria denotes the Pope's visit to Sofia in 2002. Estádio João Paulo II (John Paul II Stadium) is a football (soccer) stadium in Mogi-Mirim in Brazil. Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II is a centrepiece of one of Paris' neighbourhoods. Pope John Paul II Park is a feature of Boston, Massachusetts while Pope John Paul II Drive serves residents of Chicago, Illinois. In San Diego, California, New Catholic University has renamed itself John Paul the Great Catholic University.
In the Philippines, the Parish of Jesus, the Way the Truth and the Life near SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City is also called the John Paul II International Youth Centre. When the Vatican's Secretary for Relations with States, Archbishop Jean Louis Tauran went to the country, he was greeted by the youth from all the Suffragan Dioceses of the Archdiocese of Manila there. In Pasig Catholic College, one of the main exit gates for High School Students is named "Pope John Paul II Gate". This gate immediately leads to the Bishop's estate and The Immaculate Conception Cathedral. In Bacolod City, a tower was dedicated to him at the Reclamation area near SM City Bacolod and was named The Pope John Paul II Tower. It is the city's highest structure. In the Diocese of San Jose, Nueva Ecija there is a five-hectare complex named St. John Paul II Sanctuary of the Divine Mercy. It presently has an institution for abandoned elderly called Tahanan ng Damayang Kristiyano (House of Christian Solidarity). In the future a shrine of the Divine Mercy will be constructed as well as a youth center which would be called the YOUCAT Center- a center for coordination and formation using the Youth Catechism of the Catholic Church as a tool for evangelization of the young.
Of international interest, Ioannes Paulus II Peninsula on Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands was named in honour of the Pope. The Antarctic landmark recognises his contribution to world peace and understanding among people.
- 1 Buildings
- 1.1 Churches and chapels
- 1.2 Schools
- 1.3 Hospitals
- 2 Public areas
- 2.1 Parks and green areas
- 2.2 Squares
- 2.3 Streets, roads and avenues
- 2.4 Bridges
- 3 Transport terminals
- 4 Natural places
- 5 Other
- 6 Not places
- 7 See also
- 8 References
Churches and chapels
- A chapel of Blessed John Paul II in the Hospice of Saint John Neumann in Prachatice, Czech Republic, since 2011-05-01 (dedication celebration began on 4:00 p. m.)
- A new 2013 church in Bukovany, Czech Republic (instead of originally intended patrocinium to Saint Martin). The church should be donated to the church or to the municipality by local benefactor and entrepreneur Josef Kouřil, currently owner of a toy manufacture Wiki Kyjov. The church should by managed by Roman Catholic Church but should be used also by non-catholic churches and for cultural events.
- Parish (and Church) of Blessed John Paul, Adams, Massachusetts, USA
- St. John Paul II Church, Mount Olive, Illinois, USA
- St. John Paul II University Parish, Denton, Texas, USA
- John Paul II Catholic Primary School Clarendon Vale, Hobart, Tasmania
- John Paul College in Daisy Hill, Queensland
- St Andrews College - John Paul II Campus, Marayong, NSW
- John Paul II Institute for Marriage and Family in Melbourne, Australia
- In Brasilia, there is a Marist School: Colégio Marista João Paulo II.
- In Mauá, there is a Public School : Escola Estadual João Paulo II.
- In Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. (John Paul II Catholic High School)
- In Okotoks, Alberta. (Pope John Paul II Collegiate)
- In Barrie, Ontario. (Pope John Paul II Catholic School)
- In London, Ontario. (John Paul II Catholic Secondary School)
- In Hamilton, Ontario. (Pope John Paul II Catholic Elementary School)
- In Hammond, Ontario. (Pope John Paul II Catholic Elementary School)
- In Oakville, Ontario. (Pope John Paul II Catholic Elementary School)
- In Richmond Hill, Ontario. (Pope John Paul II Catholic Elementary School)
- In Scarborough, Ontario. (St. John Paul II Catholic Secondary School, originally Pope John Paul II Catholic Secondary School - founded 1983)
- In Thunder Bay, Ontario. (Pope John Paul II School)
- In North Battleford, Saskatchewan. (John Paul II Collegiate)
- In San José, Costa Rica: John Paul II Bridge
- In Prague: Církevní střední zdravotnická škola Jana Pavla II. (Church Secondary Paramedical School of John Paul II), New Town, Ječná street, established by Prague Archbishopry
- In Hradec Králové: Základní škola a mateřská škola Jana Pavla II. (Elementary School and Kindergarten of John Paul II), a church school established by Hradec Králové Bishopry
- In Rome, the John Paul II Center for Interreligious Dialogue at the Angelicum University.
- In Cesena.
- In Ostia.
- In Lecce.
- In Cimbro-Cuirone, in the Province of Varese; it's the first school named Giovanni Paolo II (since 2005-12-28).
- In Peschiera del Garda, in the Province of Verona.
- In Tropea, in the Province of Vibo Valentia.
- In Puebla, in the province of Tehuacan, Colegio Karol Wojtyla
- In Valenzuela City, a building in Our Lady of Fátima University Valenzuela (main) campus is named Pope John Paul II (PJP) Building. Similarly, another building of the same school in Quezon City (Lagro annex) also bears the same name.
- In Parañaque City, St. John Paul II Academy of Parañaque was named after him in 2011, formerly known as STI Academy of Parañaque.
- In Davao City, John Paul II College of Davao was also named after him and the campus was launched in 2000.
- In Cebu City, an avenue(Juan Luna Ave.) that passes the three diocesan seminaries and a church was renamed after Blessed John Paul II.
- In Kidapawan City, a church named Blessed John Paull II Quasi-Parish, formerly known as Jesus the Good shepherd Quasi-parish with a big statue of the Pope.
- John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
- Elementary school in Oksa, in Jędrzejów County
- Elementary school in Dalachów, in the Opole Voivodeship.
- Economic High School in Złotów
- Elementary School in Łomża
- Elementary School in Łochowo http://www.lochowo.cominfo.pl/news.php
- Secondary School in Sochaczew
- Secondary School in Szymiszów
- Elementary School in Zielonki
- Elementary school in Nowy Sącz in the Lesser Poland Voivodeship
- Elementary School in Wodzisław Śląski
- Salesian Sisters school in Wrocław
- Elementary school (ZŠ) in Košice, Slovakia, was renamed in 2007, consequently with renaming the street from Lechkého to Jána Pavla II, to Základná škola Ulica Jána Pavla II. In 2010, the school was renamed back according to Matej Lechký, this once to the honorary name ZŠ Mateja Lechkého according to the musician and education innovator Matěj Lechký, but the street remains named by John Paul II.
- Základná škola Jána Pavla II., Bratislava, an elementary school established by Bratislava Archdiocese
- John Paul the Great Catholic University in San Diego, California
- Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School in Dumfries, Virginia
- John Paul II Catholic School (Houston, Texas) in Houston, Texas
- John Paul II High School in Plano, Texas 
- Pope John Paul II School in Wilmington, Delaware
- John Paul II Polish Saturday School (Polska Szkoła Sobotnia im. Jana Pawła II) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- John Paul II Academy in Racine, Wisconsin
- Pope John Paul II High School in Nashville, Tennessee
- John Paul II Elementary in Mitchell, South Dakota
- Pope John Paul II Regional School in Willingboro, New Jersey
- Saint John Paul II High School in Hyannis, Massachusetts
- John Paul II Catholic School in Gillette, Wyoming
- Pope John Paul II High School in Royersford, Pennsylvania
- Pope John Paul II Regional Catholic School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- John Paul II Academy in Garfield Heights, Ohio
- Pope John Paul II School Toledo, Ohio
- Pope John Paul II High School Boca Raton, Florida
- Pope John Paul II Catholic High School in Huntsville, Alabama
- St. John Paul II Catholic School in Okatie, South Carolina
- District Hospital in Bartoszyce, Poland Szpital Powiatowy im. Jana Pawła II
- Provincial Hospital in Bełchatów, Poland Szpital Wojewódzki im. Jana Pawła II
- Eye Hospital in Bielsko-Biała, Poland Beskidzkie Centrum Onkologii im. Jana Pawła II
- Hospital in Głogów, Poland Szpital Miejski im. Jana Pawła II
- Hospital in Grodzisk Mazowiecki, Poland Szpital Zachodni im. Jana Pawła II
- Hospital in Gryfino, Poland Szpital im. Jana Pawła II
- Children's Hospital in Katowice, Poland Górnośląskie Centrum Zdrowia Dziecka im. Jana Pawła II
- Geriatrics Hospital in Katowice, Poland Szpital Geriatryczny im. Jana Pawła II
- Hospital in Kraków, Poland Krakowski Szpital Specjalistyczny im. Jana Pawła II
- Hospital in Nowy Targ, Poland Podhalański Szpital Specjalistyczny im. Jana Pawła II
- Pediatrics Hospital in Sosnowiec, Poland Centrum Pediatrii im. Jana Pawła II w Sosnowcu
- District Hospital in Wadowice, Poland Szpital Powiatowy im. Jana Pawła II
- District Hospital in Wieleń, Poland Szpital Powiatowy im. Jana Pawła II
- Hospitium in Katowice, Poland Archidiecezjalny Dom Hospicyjny im. Jana Pawła II
- Hospitium in Żory, Poland Stowarzyszenie Przyjaciół Chorych Hospicjum im. Jana Pawła II
Parks and green areas
- Medellín, Colombia; 1986. Parque Juan Pablo II, or Aeroparque Juan Pablo II is a water park, located in the Colombian city of Medellín, near the Olaya Herrera Airport. It has a variety of pools, with pulleys, slides, wave. It also has a trail for sports on wheels. It has a coliseum and an acoustical shell, used for shows.
- Cremona; on 6 May 2006.
- Milan; on 19 January 2007.
- Pisa; on 20 March 2006.
- Rimini; on 9 January 2007.
- Verona; on 20 December 2006
- In Velika Gorica, Croatia, Avenija pape Ivana Pavla II.
- In Marija Bistrica, Croatia, Trg Ivana Pavla II.
- In Zaprešić, Croatia Trg pape Ivana Pavla II.
- In Osijek, Croatia Trg pape Ivana Pavla II.
- In Split, Croatia Šetalište pape Ivana Pavla II.
- In Zadar, Croatia Poljana Pape Ivana Pavla II.
- In Hradec Králové, Czech Republic Náměstí Jana Pavla II., since 2005-04-27, formerly Decanal Square
- In Budapest, Hungary II. János Pál pápa tér, since 2011-07-01 (John Paul II square, the largest urban square in Budapest with about 60,000 m2 (645,835 sq ft), formerly known as Köztársaság tér, Republic square), II. János Pál pápa tér metro station is located beneath the square).
- In Biella.
- In Czechowice-Dziedzice, Poland Plac Jana Pawła II
- In Katowice, Poland Plac Jana Pawła II
- In Pruszków, Poland Plac Jana Pawła II
- In Ruda Śląska, Poland Plac Jana Pawła II
- In Wadowice, Poland Plac Jana Pawła II
- In Wrocław, Poland Plac Jana Pawła II
- In Łódź, Poland Aleja Jana Pawła II
- In Bratislava, Slovakia Námestie Jána Pavla II., since 2005-09-22
- In Žilina, Slovakia Námestie Jána Pavla II., since 2006-06-03
- In Michalovce, Slovakia Námestie Jána Pavla II., since 2011-05-01, formerly Námestie SNP
- In Palermo.
- In Ponte San Nicolò in the Province of Padua.
- In Cesena in the Province of Forlì-Cesena.
- In Frosinone since 2005-04-20 to commemorate the mass which the Pope celebrated in.
- In Montescaglioso, in the Province of Matera, since 2007-01-06.
- In Paris, on 15 August 2006; the place du Parvis-Notre-Dame (French for "Notre-Dame square") was renamed Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II ("Notre-Dame - John Paul II square") after a ceremony and a religious procession with the Archbishop of Paris André Vingt-Trois and the mayor Bertrand Delanoë. In the squere now is located a stone where is written: «"Amour et Vérité se rencontrent. Justice et Paix s'embrassent" L'hommage du monde et de Cambrai.»
- In Metz, the parvise of Saint-Stephen cathedral
- In Ploërmel, Morbihan, France, on 10 December 2006, the city unveiled on place Jean Paul II, an 8.75 m tall statue of Pope John Paul II. It was a gift by Russo-Georgian sculptor Zurab Tsereteli.
- In Sofia the John Paul II Square was named for him on the occasion of his visit to Bulgaria in 2002.
- In Jersey City, NJ at St. Peter's Preparatory School, the section of Warren Street between the streets of Grand and York was renamed Pope John Paul II Square.
- In Coimbra, Portugal, "Praça João Paulo II", inaugurated 15 May 1982, on the first visit to Portugal.
- In Las Condes, Santiago de Chile: "Plaza Juan Pablo II", named after his visit to the southern country.
Streets, roads and avenues
- In Częstochowa, Poland, John Paul II Avenue (Aleja Jana Pawła II).
- In Złotów, Poland, John Paul II Roundabout (Rondo Jana Pawła II).
- In Radom, Poland, John Paul II Street (Ulica Jana Pawła II)
- In Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski, Poland, John Paul II Avenue ("Aleja Jana Pawła II").
- In Warsaw, Poland, John Paul II Avenue. (Aleja Jana Pawła II)
- In Jędrzejów, Poland, John Paul II street. (Ulica Jana Pawła II)
- In Tomaszów Lubelski, Poland, John Paul II Street (Ulica Jana Pawła II)
- In Gdańsk, Poland, John Paul II Avenue (Aleja Jana Pawła II)
- In Kędzierzyn-Koźle, Poland, John Paul II Avenue (Aleja Jana Pawła II)
- In Wodzisław Śląski, Poland, John Paul II street (Ulica Jana Pawła II)
Most Polish cities have a street named after John Paul II.
- In Prešov, Slovakia: ulica Jána Pavla II. Since June 2005
- In Košice, Slovakia: ulica Jána Pavla II. (formerly Lechkého street), since 2007-05-22
- In Detva, Slovakia: ulica Jána Pavla II., since 2007-05-18
- In Poprad, Slovakia: nábrežie Jána Pavla II., since 2007-01-01
- In Aachen, Germany - a section of the Klostergasse (near the city's cathedral was renamed Johannes-Paul-II.-Straße.
- In Altopascio in the Province of Lucca.
- In Noceto in the Province of Parma.
- In Montevago, Province of Agrigento.
- In Otranto.
- In Dubrovnik as the avenue bordering the main port. He offered mass in a church on this street, when he blessed the city 
- In Pieve a Nievole, in the Province of Pistoia.
- In Vercelli.
- In Puebla City, Mexico: John Paul II Circuit (Circuito Juan Pablo II)
- In Mexico City, Mexico: John Paul II street (Avenida Juan Pablo II) is the residence where he used to stay at his four visits to the city.
- In Guadalajara, Mexico: John Paul II Ave. (Avenida Juan Pablo II)
- In El Alto, Bolivia: John Paul II Avenue (Avenida Juan Pablo II.)
- In Chicago, Illinois, United States: Pope John Paul II Drive
- In San Salvador, El salvador: Alameda Juan Pablo II
- In Lisbon, Portugal (neighbourghood of Chelas): Avenida João Paulo II Drive.
- In Funchal, Madeira, Portugal: Rua João Paulo II.
- In Fiumefreddo di Sicilia, in the Province of Catania: Pope John Paul II street ("Via Giovanni Paolo II").
- In Solarino, in the Province of Syracuse: Pope John Paul II street ("Via Giovanni Paolo II").
- In Chihuahua, Chihuahua, in Mexico: John Paul II Boulevard ("Blvd. Juan Pablo II").
- In Trujillo, Peru, the avenue John Paul II, near the Papal Square ("Ovalo Papal") were the pope offered a mass during his trip to Peru.
- In Victoria, Gozo, John Paul II street ("Triq Gwanni Pawlu II")
- In Pécs, Hungary, John Paul II street, the road on which John Paul II entered the city on his visit in 1991.
- In Yonkers, New York, John Paul II Boulevard.
- In Jersey City, New Jersey, on the campus of Saint Peter's Preparatory High School, Pope John Paul II Plaza.
- In Sherbrooke (Rue Jean-Paul-II)
- In Montréal (Rue Jean-Paul-II)
- In Cholet (Rue Jean-Paul II and Parvis Jean-Paul II)
- In Chicago, Illinois, Pope John Paul II Drive
- A street in Victoria the capital of Gozo (Malta) was named after Pope John Paul II and a monument with his figure was erected at its beginning. The street leads to the national shrine dedicated to Our Lady of ta' Pinu.
- In Ciudad Juárez In Mexico: John Paul II Boulevard ("Blvd, Juan Pablo II").
- In Ljubljana, Slovenia: Ulica Janeza Pavla II.
- In Monterrey, Mexico: John Paul II Avenue.
- In Santiago de Compostela, Spain: John Paul II Avenue.
- Juan Pablo II Bridge in Chile
- Third Millennium John Paul II Bridge in Gdańsk, Poland Most im. Jana Pawła II
- John Paul II Bridge, Puławy in Puławy, Poland Most im. Jana Pawła II
- The airport of Bari, in Italy, is named Bari "Karol Wojtyla" International Airport; (IATA: BRI, ICAO: LIBD).
- The airport of Kraków is named John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice; (IATA: KRK, ICAO: EPKK).
- The airport of Ponta Delgada, in Portugal, is named João Paulo II Airport because he visited that city; (IATA: PDL, ICAO: LPPD).
- In 2005, a 2,424 m (7,953 ft) peak previously named "The Gendarme" was renamed "Pope John Paul II" at a ceremony celebrated by the Cardinal José Saraiva Martins in a medieval chapel on what would have been the Pope's 85th birthday. The Pope who felt mountains were "a special place to meet God" often visited the Gran Sasso saying it reminded him of the mountains of his native Poland. After that dedicatio was born the association "cima Giovanni Paolo II" chairman by Gianni Alemanno.
- Ioannes Paulus II Peninsula on Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica is named for Pope John Paul II in recognition of his outstanding contribution to world peace and understanding among people.
- The Pope John Paul II Cultural Center in Washington, D.C. is named for and dedicated to him.
- The Pope John Paul II Pavilion at the Basilica of St. Josaphat in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is dedicated to him.
- The public canteen of the needy in Rome was named for him by Pope Benedict XVI.
- The main library of the National University of Ireland, Maynooth is named after Pope John Paul II to mark his visit to the college
- Pope John Paul II Newman Center at Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois
- Centrum voľného času Jána Pavla II. (Center of Leisure Time of John Paul II - a youth center), Prešov, Slovakia
- Museum of John Paul II and Primate Wyszyński located at the Temple of Divine Providence, Warsaw, Poland
After Pope John Paul II first visit to Venezuela in 1985, a set residential is named in his honor, this due a mass conducted by him in the urbanization Montalban, located in west Caracas, about two million people attended that mass. Also a little square in Chacao County is named after him.
Other organizations etc.
- Spevácky zbor Jána Pavla II., Choir of John Paul II in Bratislava-Vajnory, Slovakia, established 1990
- "John Paul the Great Catholic University". © 2005-2008, John Paul the Great Catholic University. Retrieved 8 January 2009.
- "John Paul II Newman Center". © 2009 John Paul II Newman Center, Chicago, IL 60607. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Catholic Diocese of Arlington". © 2009 Catholic Diocese of Arlington. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Pope John Paul II Park Reservation". © 2009 Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR), Mass. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Google Maps: ‘Pope John Paul II Dr, Chicago, IL, USA’". © 2009 Google Maps. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "New Catholic University changes name to ‘John Paul the Great’ Catholic University". © 2005-2009, John Paul the Great Catholic University. 6 June 2005. Retrieved 11 January 2009.
- Jiří Prinz: První kaple bl. Jana Pavla II. v Česku, press center of the Czech Episcopal Conference, 2011-05-03
- René Kekely: Kaple v prachatickém hospici ponese jméno bývalého papeže Jana Pavla II., Volný.cz, 2011-04-19, source: Mediafax
- Karolína Svobodová: Vydělal jsem dost, postavím lidem kostel, řekl si nekatolík z Moravy, iDnes.cz, 24 August 2013
- Renamed by the TCDSB in May 2011 due to beatification
- (Italian) Comune di Vergiate, "Intitolazione della scuola primaria di Cimbro/Cuirone a Karol Wojtyla".
- Škola ponesie meno Mateja Lechkého, Korzár.sk. 2010-09-11
- Hospital official webpage
- (Italian) e-Cremona, "Comune: i giardini pubblici saranno intitolati a Giovanni Paolo II" 5 May 2006.
- (Italian) Comune di Milano, "Toponomastica. Milano dedica una via a De Andrè e Gaber, un parco a Giovanni Paolo II e Oriana Fallaci".
- (Italian) Comune di Pisa, "Delibera n°22".
- (Italian) rimini.com, "Al Papa Giovanni Paolo II dedicato il parco del PEEP Fiera".
- (Italian) Comune di Verona, "Delibera Giunta comunale del giorno 20 Dicembre 2006".
- "Mass Dept. of Conservation and Recreation" Retrieved on 22 June 2008
- Katolícka univerzita otvorila Park Jána Pavla II., Fúú.sk, 2011-05-01, from SITA - Webnoviny
- Olga Rábová: Podpora cestovního ruchu na Vodňansku, a bachelor these, Jihočeská univerzita v Českých Budějovicích, Ekonomická fakulta, Katedra obchodu a cestovního ruchu, 2008. P. 20, source: Vodňany a Vodňansko - turistický průvodce
- Ve Vodňanech chtějí pojmenovat park po bývalém papeži, Český rozhlas (Czech Radio), 2007-05-14
- Náměstí Jana Pavla II. v Hradci Králové, Bishopry of Hradec Králové, 2005-04-28
- (English) http://www.politics.hu/20110426/us-embassy-says-understands-renaming-budapests-roosevelt-square/
- Budapest City Atlas, Dimap-Szarvas, Budapest, 2011, ISBN 978-963-03-9124-5
- (Hungarian) Announcement of the City of Dunaújváros http://www.dunaujvaros.hu/hir.php?newsid=296
- Petržalka má Námestie Jána Pavla II., Topky.sk. 2005-09-23, from Nový čas
- Námestie Jána Pavla II., Žilina Gallery
- Michalovce budú mať od nedele námestie Jána Pavla II., 2011-04-30, Bratislava virtuálně, SITA
- (Italian) Comune di Frosinone, .
- (Italian) montescaglioso.net, "Inaugurazione piazza: Giovanni Paolo II".
- Google Maps
- VZN 141/2005, ktorým sa určujú názvy nových ulíc a verejného priestranstva v meste Prešov, 2005-06-01
- Všeobecne záväzné nariadenie č. 92: O zmene názvu ulice „Lechkého ulica“, vyhlásené: 07.05.2007, platné od: 22.05.2007, City of Košice
- Všeobecne záväzné nariadenie mesta Detva č. 5/2007, o určení názvu novovzniknutej ulice v časti IBV Dolinky Ulica Jána Pavla II., Mesto Detva, 2007-05-18
- Popradské nábrežie sa premenuje na Nábrežie Jána Pavla II., Sita, 2006-05-18,
- (Italian) noceto.it, "Manifestazione in memoria di Giovanni Paolo II".
- KATOLIČKA CRKVA - NADBISKUPIJA RIJEČKA (1970-01-01). "Obala papa ivana pavla II - Google Maps". Maps.google.com. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- Google Maps
- > Google Maps
- > Google Maps
- (Italian) News on italian railways official website.
- "Peak is named after late pontiff". BBC News. 18 May 2005.
- (Italian) Corpo Forestale dello Stato, "Comunicato stampa. Cima Giovanni Paolo II".
- Spevácky zbor Jána Pavla II.-Vajnory, City District of Bratislava-Vajnory
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Things named after Ioannes Paulus II.|