List of role-playing games by name
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most of these games are tabletop role-playing games; other types of games are noted as such where appropriate.
|2300 AD||Game Designers' Workshop||1989 -||Future of the Twilight 2000 universe||Originally called Traveller 2300AD|
|3D&T||Talismã||a Brazilian generic system, turned to anime-style campaigns|
|Aberrant||White Wolf Publishing||modified Storyteller||Super-hero characters in the near future||Part of the Trinity series|
|Aces&Eights -- The Shattered Frontier||Kenzer and Company||A Western role-playing game.|
|Advanced Dungeons & Dragons||TSR, Inc. Wizards of the Coast||see also Dungeons & Dragons|
|Advanced Fighting Fantasy||Cubicle 7|
|Adventure!||White Wolf Publishing||modified Storyteller||a pulp adventure||part of the Trinity series|
|The Adventures of Indiana Jones Role-Playing Game||TSR, Inc.|
|After The Bomb||Palladium Books|
|Aftermath!||Fantasy Games Unlimited|
|Against the Darkness||Tabletop Adventures, LLC||Vatican Conspiracy and Horror|
|Agone (French)||edited in French by Multisim Editions and translated in English by Multisim Editions||a free SF RPG|
|Albedo||Based on the furry comic book series, Erma Felna by Steve Gallacci|
|All Flesh Must Be Eaten||Eden Studios, Inc.||Zombie survival horror game|
|Alpha Chronicles||Alpha Chronicles||Universal System w/ One Book & Limitless Possibilities.|
|Alpha Omega: The Beginning and The End||Mind Storm Labs, LLC|
|Alshard (Japanese)||Fantasy with mecha like Final Fantasy|
|Alshard Gaia (Japanese)||Alshard system||a contemporary fantasy|
|Alternate Worlds RPG||Alternate Worlds Publishing|
|Amazing Engine||TSR, Inc.|
|Amber Diceless Roleplaying||based on the works of Roger Zelazny|
|Anidor||Azure Cold and Kyky (Bulgarian)|
|Anima: Beyond Fantasy||a collaboration of Eastern and Western developers RPG with anime-style artworks|
|Angel||Eden Studios, Inc.||Unisystem||a spin-off of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer game|
|Anomaly||Beyond the Solar System Games and Ryan D. Bettner|
|APOCalypse 2500||created by J L Arnold and first released in 2007 online at www.apocalypse2500.com||using the RPG Percentile System rules||a post apocalyptic high tech sword and sorcery future world tabletop RPG|
|Apocalypse World||created by D. Vincent Baker and first released in 2010||First RPG using the Powered by the Apocalypse system||a post apocalyptic RPG of politics and survival|
|Aquelarre||created by Ricard Ibáñez, published in 1990, last edition from 2011||Fantasy game based in medieval Europe||edited in Spanish by Nosolorol|
|Arduin||David A. Hargrave||the first cross-genre RPG|
|ARI||Ari Jones||Advanced Role-playing Integrated||http://www.arirpg.com|
|Arianrhod RPG (Japanese)||MMORPG-like|
|Arkeos||Extraordinary Worlds Studio||Pulp adventure|
|Ars Magica||Lion Rampant (editions 1 & 2)|
|White Wolf Publishing (edition 3)|
|Atlas Games (editions 4 & 5)|
|AssassinX||E.N. Publishing||violent adventure|
|Atlantis: The Second Age||Morrigan Press|
|Avant Charlemagne||François Nédelec (French)||early Middle-Age|
|Ave Molech||Morbidgames Publishing||modified d20 modern with 3.5 edition races||Fantasy setting with Steampunk technology|
|D6 System||West End Games||in-house system, based on the Star Wars RPG|
|d20 Future||Wizards of the Coast||d20 System||generic futuristic|
|d20 Modern||Wizards of the Coast||d20 System||generic modern|
|d20 Past||Wizards of the Coast||d20 System||generic historical|
|d20 System||Wizards of the Coast||based on Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition rules|
|Danger International||Hero Games||espionage adventure|
|Dangerous Journeys by E. Gary Gygax||Game Designers' Workshop|
|Daredevils||pulp era mystery|
|Darwin's World||RPGObjects||post-apocalyptic RPG|
|Dash-in Dungeons||Wednesday Night Games||fast-play fantasy RPG|
|Dark Conspiracy||Game Designers' Workshop|
|Dark Continent||colonial African horror|
|The Dark Eye||Most popular German RPG, known in Germany as Das Schwarze Auge|
|Dark Heresy, the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay Game||originally by Black Industries, now developed by Fantasy Flight Games|
|DC Universe Roleplaying Game||West End Games|
|Dead Inside||a small-press RPG where the characters attempt to rebuild their lost souls through selfless and noble actions (and get superhuman powers along the way)|
|Deadlands: Lost Colony||Pinnacle Entertainment Group|
|Deadlands: The Weird West||Pinnacle Entertainment Group||GURPS version by SJGames|
|Deeds of Valor||Swordmaster|
|Deliria: Faerie Tales for the New Millennium by Phil Brucato||Laughing Pan Productions|
|Demon: The Fallen||(original World of Darkness)|
|Demon's Lair||Lasalion Games|
|Desolation||Greymalkin Designs||a post-apocalyptic fantasy RPG|
|Diana: Warrior Princess||by Marcus Rowland|
|Diaspora||VSCA Publishing||FATE||2009||Hard science fiction|
|The Doctor Who Role Playing Game||FASA||based on the 1963–89 run of the BBC television series|
|Doctor Who - Adventures In Time And Space: the roleplaying game||Cubicle 7 Entertainment||based on the 2005–present run of the BBC television series|
|Doctor Who - Time Lord (role-playing game)||Virgin Publishing||based on the 1963–89 run of the BBC television series|
|Dogs in the Vineyard||Lumpley Games||loosely based on the Mormon State of Deseret in pre-statehood Utah|
|Dominion Rules||an open-source fantasy twelve-sided-die-based RPG encouraging the creation of new skill, spells, beasts and rules and featuring an innovative combat system|
|Donjon||Clinton R. Nixon, Donjon Anvilwerks|
|Don't Rest Your Head||Evil Hat Productions|
|Drací doupe||loosely based on Dungeons & Dragons||the most popular Czech fantasy RPG system|
|Dragon Ball Z - Anime Adventure Game||http://www.talsorian.com|
|DragonMech||a cross between fantasy and mecha|
|DragonNet||a free open-source fantasy RPG system|
|DragonQuest||a now out-of-print RPG, suppressed by TSR|
|DragonRaid||Dick Wulf||a Christian RPG|
|Dragonstar||where science fiction and fantasy blend|
|Dragon Warriors||an easy-to-use RPG system published in paperback format|
|Drakar och Demoner (Dragons and Demons)||Swedish fantasy RPG|
|Draug||based on the FUDGE engine||Norwegian RPG set in 1801|
|Dread: The First Book of Pandemonium||Rafael Chandler|
|Dreaming Cities||Guardians of Order||Tri-Stat system||urban fantasy|
|The Dresden files||a variant of the FATE game||urban fantasy||based on the books by Jim Butcher|
|Duelist System||Undecided Studios||Martial Arts role-playing system|
|Dungeons & Dragons||created by Dave Arneson and E. Gary Gygax, further editions by TSR, Inc. and Wizards of the Coast|
|Dungeon World||Sage Kobold Productions||Powered by the Apocalypse||Dungeon fantasy|
|Dystopia Rising||Eschaton Media Inc||Mass Action System||2009-||Post Zombie-Apocalypse Survival Horror|
|Dying Earth||based on the stories of Jack Vance|
|Dzikie Pola (Wild Fields)||set in 17th century Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth|
|Faery's Tale||Firefly Games||an interactive storytelling game of fairy folklore suitable for younger players|
|Fanhunter||Spanish game based on the series of comics of the same name|
|Fantasy Craft||Crafty Games||Mastercraft|
|Fantasy Heartbreaker Roleplaying Game||William Bargo Subcellar Games||a lighthearted OGL based fantasy role-playing game|
|Fantasy Imperium||Shadowstar Games, Inc.||an interactive storytelling game of historical fantasy|
|The Fantasy Trip||Steve Jackson, published by Metagaming Concepts||The precursor to GURPS|
|The Fantasy Sagas||E-RPG System||A Player's Guidebook for Ironwood Omnimedia|
|Fantasy Wargaming||a project by dissatisfied British Dungeons & Dragons players, it was considered incomplete and insufficient yet featured noteworthy elements and qualities that are still yet unseen in most role-playing games|
|Farscape Roleplaying Game||Alderac Entertainment Group|
|Fastlane||Twisted Confessions author Alexander Cherry|
|Fate Core||Evil Hat||Fate System||Generic||Fantastic Adventures in Tabletop Entertainment based on the FUDGE engine. No longer an acronym. There are other games that use the Fate engine.|
|Fate of the Norns||Andrew Valkauskas||Runic Game System (RGS) - Previous editions used a 2D10 based system||Viking Historical/Fantasy|
|Fates Worse than Death||Vajra Enterprises||cyberpunk-influenced game set in Manhattan in 2080|
|Feng Shui||Hong Kong martial arts movies|
|Firefly||Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd||Cortex+||Firefly||A separate game from Serenity due to licensing issues despite the same company producing both at different times. Due out 2014, with a preview released at Gen Con 2013|
|Fight the Evil Power||a role-playing game designed for people who haven't played before|
|Fireborn||Fantasy Flight Games|
|Forgotten Futures||Marcus L Rowland|
|Friendly Wars||Undecided Studios|
|Fringeworthy||Tri Tac Games|
|FTL:2448 by Tri Tac Games|
|FUDGE||Steffan O'Sullivan||FUDGE||"Free, Universal, Do-it-Yourself Gaming Engine"|
|Fusion||Høst og Søn||Near Future||A Danish RPG|
|Fuzion||R. Talsorian Games and Hero Games||Modified from R. Talsorian's Interlock System and Hero Games' Hero System||a simple and customizable generic open gaming system|
- HackMaster by Kenzer & Company
- Halcyon by Neuwerld Studios
- HakobuneBy Tim Peare
- HardNova II
- HARP by Iron Crown Enterprises - "High Adventure Role-Playing"
- HARPE - the "Hugely Adaptable (action/anime) Role-Playing Engine", Free and quite adaptable
- Hawkmoon - an addendum to the Stormbringer RPG (aka Elric!)
- Heavy Gear by Dream Pod 9
- Heretics by Wasteland Games - modern-day horror
- Hero System by Hero Games
- HeroQuest/Hero Wars
- Heroes Unlimited by Palladium Books
- Hong Kong Action Theater
- Human Occupied Landfill
- Hollow Earth Expedition by Exile Games Studio - 1930's style pulp adventure
- Hunter Planet
- Hunter: The Reckoning (original World of Darkness)
- Hunter: The Vigil (New World of Darkness)
- [[[_H_]ogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry]] by Kale Co.
- Icar by Rob Lang, a free science-fiction game.
- Imagine Role Playing
- Immortal: The Invisible War, by Ran Valerhon.
- Ironhedge by Empire Wargames
- In Dark Alleys by Vajra Enterprises
- In Nomine - based on In Nomine Satanis / Magna Veritas
- In Nomine Satanis / Magna Veritas (French) by Croc (Siroz) - satiric gang/spy wars involving angels and demons in the contemporary world
- Incursion by Tri Tac Games
- InSaNiTy the role-playing game by Haphazard Projects, uses the in-house DPS System
- Insight RPG System by Even V. Røssland / NEVR
- InSpectres by Memento Mori Theatricks
- Iron Kingdoms by Privateer Press
- Iron Gauntlets: Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying
- Ironclaw - edited by Sanguine Productions Ltd
- Iron Heroes - d20 system based on making D&D playable without magic
- It Came From The Late, Late, Late Show by Stellar Games
- Jadeclaw - edited by Sanguine Productions Ltd
- JailLords - Are You a Jail Lord or a Jail Fish?
- James Bond 007: Role-Playing in Her Majesty's Secret Service was released in 1983, by Victory Games, a branch of Avalon Hill.
- Jeremiah: The Roleplaying Game - based on the TV series
- Jorune (or Skyrealms of Jorune)
- Jovian Chronicles by Dream Pod 9
- Judge Dredd: The Role-Playing Game by Games Workshop
- The Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game by Mongoose Publishing
- Justice, Inc. by Hero Games - 1930s Pulp fiction oriented adventure
- Justifiers by StarChilde Publications - Play as human/animal hybrids (Betas) that are owned by the Corporation; locate new resources, eliminate threats, and buy your freedom.
- Kindred of the East (spinoff of Vampire: The Masquerade)
- Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom (spinoff of Vampire: The Masquerade)
- Killer by Steve Jackson Games (live action)
- Khymir by Daes Irae Press (set in Mark E. Rogers fictional world for his Zorachus series of books)
- kill puppies for satan (sic) by Lumpley Games
- Kingdom of Nothing by Galileo Games
- Kobolds Ate My Baby! by 9th Level Games
- Krysztaly Czasu (Polish, Crystals of Time) by MAG
- Kult - Swedish game based on Gnostic concepts with some Kabbalistic undertones
- Lace and Steel, published originally by TAGG and re-released by Pharos Press - an Australian RPG set in a world of civilised Centaurs and Harpies with a musketeers/swashbuckling feel
- Lamentations of the Flame Princess
- Land of the Rising Sun by Fantasy Games Unlimited - Samurai and Ninjas using the Chivalry & Sorcery system.
- Lands of Adventure
- Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game by Alderac Entertainment Group - Asian-themed RPG
- The Legend of Sword and Fairy by Softstar
- Légendes Celtiques (French)
- Légendes de la Vallée des rois - French RPG set in Ancient Egypt
- Legendy Armandie by Skaven - fantasy RPG created
- Legionnaire by FASA - standalone role-playing game for the Renegade Legion universe
- Lejendary Adventure, created by Gary Gygax and published by Hekaforge Productions
- Leverage, based on the Leverage TV series, game written by Cam Banks and Rob Donahuge and using the Cortex+ System
- Lightspeed by Christian Conkle - an overtly generic space opera RPG, using the Instant Fuzion ruleset
- Little Fears - The Role-playing Game of Childhood Terror by Key 20 Publishing
- Live Free or Die, the Game of Suburban Insurgency - a post UN invasion RPG written by an Army officer and Iraq veteran
- Living Steel by Leading Edge Games - futuristic game on the world of Rhand
- Lone Wolf - a series of Choose Your Own Adventure-style books and Lone Wolf: The Roleplaying Game, a d20 game by Mongoose Publishing; also a second game by Mongoose, the Lone Wolf Multiplayer Game Book
- The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game by Decipher, Inc. - based on the fantasy works of J. R. R. Tolkien
- Lords of Creation by Avalon Hill
- Lunar The Silver Star
- Lunar Eternal Blue
- Lunar Silver Star Story
- Macho Women with Guns by Blacksburg Tactical Research Center
- Malls and Morons indie publication by Orion Cooper - "Silly modern role-playing in the malls of America"
- Maelstrom by Puffin Books
- Mage: The Ascension by White Wolf Publishing - set in the original World of Darkness
- Mage: The Awakening by White Wolf Publishing - set in the new World of Darkness 2.0
- M.A.G.U.S. (Hungarian)
- Maji by Wasteland Games - modern-day alien conspiracy game
- Man, Myth & Magic by Yaquinto - RPG drawing on 4000 B.C. to 1000 A.D. Earth legends
- Marvel Heroic Roleplaying by Margaret Weis Productions and using the Cortex+ system.
- Marvel Super Heroes Role-Playing Game by TSR, Inc.
- Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game by Marvel Publishing Group
- Mashou Denki La Valeur
- Mecha - a game based on Anime Mecha science fiction
- Mechamorphosis by Fantasy Flight Games
- Mechanical Dream
- The Mechanoid Invasion
- Mega - les Messagers Galactiques (French) - parallel universe
- Megaverse by Palladium Books
- Meikyu kingdom (Japanese) - members of tiny kingdom's court explore dungeons
- Mekton by R. Talsorian Games - based on Anime Mecha science fiction
- MERC by Fantasy Games Unlimited: A Modern Role Playing Game of Counter Insurgency
- Merc 2000 - Twilight 2000 updated for the post-Cold War '90s
- Mercenaries, Spies and Private Eyes by Flying Buffalo
- The Metabarons Roleplaying Game by West End Games
- Metal Magic and Lore by 5th Epoch Publishing
- Metamorphosis Alpha (1976)
- Middle Earth Role Play - based on the fantasy works of J. R. R. Tolkien
- Midgard - the oldest German fantasy RPG
- Midnight - A fantasy world were the bad guys have won
- Miles Christi (French) - (Crusades and knights Templar)
- Millennium's End - by Chameleon Eclectic Entertainment
- Mind Games RPG - by Deiron e Yangsmoth
- The Modern Sagas - A Player's Guidebook for Ironwood Omnimedia Company's E-RPG System
- Mojo, by Polymancer Studios, Inc.
- Monastyr (Polish), Monastery by Portal
- The Monster Horror Show by James Herbert Brennan a very tongue in cheek basic fantasy role play system.
- Monsterhearts - a game about the messy lives of teenage monsters by Joe Mcdaldno using the Powered by the Apocalypse system
- The Morrow Project - Post apocalypse USA 150 years after WW III.
- Mouse Guard by Luke Crane using a version of the Burning Wheel engine
- Multiverser by E.R. Jones and M. Joseph Young
- Mummy: The Resurrection (original World of Darkness)
- Murphy's World by Peregrine Creative Services
- Mutant by Target Games
- Mutant City Blues - superhero detectives using Robin Laws GUMSHOE System, by Pelgrane Press
- Mutant: Undergångens Arvtagare by Järnringen Förlag AB
- Mutant RYMD
- Mutant Chronicles
- Mutants & Masterminds by Green Ronin Publishing
- My Life with Master by Half Meme Press
- Myrskyn aika by Mike Pohjola
- Mystic Realms
- Mystic Quests
- The Nearside Project by Greymalkin Designs - adventure between 13 alternate Earths while avoiding insanity (previously released in 1996, new edition in 2011).
- NeoKosmos (in Portuguese) by Krypteia Estúdio Criativo - a setting of Greek Mythology
- Neiyar: Land of Heaven and the Abyss by Bards and Sages
- Nephilim by Chaosium - modern occult
- Neuroshima (Polish) by Portal
- Nicotine Girls by Paul Czege
- Nightlife by Stellar Games
- Nights of the Crusades by Ætheric Dreams
- Night Wizard! (Japanese) - wizards in contemporary
- Ninja Burger by Steve Jackson Games
- Ninjas and Superspies by Palladium Books - martial arts and espionage adventure
- Nobilis by R. Sean Borgstrom
- Noctum by Mischa L. Thomas
- Noir by Archon Gaming, Inc.
- Normality, a Dada/ergodic role-playing game by Hugh Dingwall and Vishãla Jekic.
- Novus, by Firehawk Games.
- Now Playing, by Carnivore Games.
- "Numenera", by Monte Cook Games.
- Obsidian - The Age of Judgement by Apophis Consortium
- Old Dragon, by Redbox Editora - the first old school RPG in Brazil
- Other Suns by Fantasy Games Unlimited
- Over the Edge by Atlas Games
- Ops and Tactics
- Outbreak: Undead by Hunters Books
- Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game by Palladium Books
- Pandemonium! by MIB Productions - roleplaying in the world of tabloid news
- Pantheon role playing game
- Path of the Oracle role playing game
- Paper Computer Games - a series of illustrated roleplaying games with simple rules and a complex universe. Any gaming session played by anyone at any time is added to the overall storyline and considered canon.
- Paranoia originally by West End Games, later by Mongoose Publishing - a satire of dystopian futures
- Passion Play - the Fading Suns live action role-playing game
- Pathfinder - fantasy role-playing game by Paizo Publishing (2009)
- Pax Draconis by Technicraft Design - a detailed rules heavy space opera with a percentile system
- Pendragon (or King Arthur Pendragon) - Arthurian legend
- Phoenix Command by Leading Edge Games
- Polaris (1997)
- Polaris (2005)
- Point Blank by Wasteland Games - modern-day Action movie game
- The Pokéthulhu Adventure Game by Cumberland Games and Diversions
- Powers and Perils by Avalon Hill
- Pathfinder: Role Playing Game
- Praedor - based on the eponymous comics by Petri Hiltunen
- Prime Directive by Task Force Games
- Prince Valiant: The Story-Telling Game by Chaosium
- Privateers and Gentlemen by Fantasy Games Unlimited - naval adventure in the Napoleonic era
- Project: Paradigm by Eschaton Media Inc
- Promethean: The Created by White Wolf Publishing (new World of Darkness)
- Psiworld by Fantasy Games Unlimited - SF adventures with a focus on psi abilities
- Pulp Adventure by Planet Pulp Productions - High Adventure Gaming cinematic style.
- Rangers of Taradoin by Sean-Robert Shaw
- Raex: The roleplaying adventure experience by T. Julian Bell & Raex games publishing
- Rapture: The Second Coming by William Spencer-Hale, Quintessential Mercy
- Recon by Palladium Books - Vietnam War adventure
- Red Dwarf: The Role Playing Game by deep 7 - based on BBC comedy Red Dwarf
- Reich Star by Simon Bell and Ken Richardson (1991) as Creative Encounters - fight Nazis in space.
- Rêve: the Dream Ouroboros by Denis Gerfaud (French, Rêve de Dragon)
- The Riddle of Steel by Driftwood Publishing
- Rifts by Palladium Games - crossover system
- Ringworld by Chaosium
- Robotech by Palladium Games; based on the Robotech anime television series
- Rocky and Bullwinkle
- Rogue Trader developed by FFG
- RMSS (Rolemaster Fantasy Role Playing) by Iron Crown Enterprises - fully expandable and customizable rules system
- Rules to Live By from Interactivities Ink - generic customizable live action rules system, with expansions for horror and fantasy
- Rune Striders
- Runebearer by Chris Magoun - "Magic and religion clash in a ruined world"
- RuneQuest by Chaosium, versions also by Avalon Hill and Mongoose Publishing
- Saga A Swedish fantasy role-playing game.
- Sanctum Polis - Rest Eternal Memory An indie anthropomorphic role-playing game.
- Savage Worlds
- The Sci-Fi Sagas - A Player's Guidebook for Ironwood Omnimedia Company's E-RPG System
- Scion: Hero Modern day children of the gods by White Wolf Publishing
- Sea Dracula (The role-playing game of lawyers in animal city) - Nick Smith and Jake Richmond
- Sengoku (role-playing game) by Gold Rush Games Historical fantasy set in feudal Japan.
- SenZar - a game notorious for its blatant encouragement of munchkinism.
- Serenity by Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd, based on the Serenity film. (The Firefly (television series) is getting its own RPG also from MWP due to licensing).
- Seventh Sea by Alderac Entertainment Company
- Shadowforce Archer by Alderac Entertainment Group - a setting for Spycraft
- Shadow Lords roleplaying game about epic Heroes, Immortals, Titans, Angels and Demons.
- Shadow Nations (Obsidian Europe Horror, Scifi, fantasy)
- Shadowrun (cyberpunk fantasy)
- Shard RPG (anthropomorphic heroic-fantasy)
- Shock: Social Science Fiction
- Silver Age Sentinels by Guardians of Order
- Simply Roleplaying! by Microtactix, a simple and customizable generic open gaming system similar to Fuzion and the Action! System
- Simple System by Dashing Inventor Games
- Sine Requie - Italian horror role-playing game.
- Skull and Crossbones: Roleplay on the Spanish Main, by FGU
- Skyrealms of Jorune by SkyRealms Publishing, later Chessex
- SLA Industries by Nightfall Games
- Smallville by Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd, based on the Smallville television series.
- Sojourner's Quest: A Fantasy Role Playing Game by Randall C Ellis
- Sorcerer by Ron Edwards
- Space 1889 by GDW - Victorian Era Sci-Fi (steampunk)
- Space Dragon, by Redbox Editora - pulp sci fi
- Space Gothic - German crossover between military science fiction, space opera and horror.
- Space Opera by Fantasy Games Unlimited
- Spacemaster - the SF adaptation of Rolemaster
- SpaceNinjaCyberCrisis XDO by Crucible Design - a tongue-in-cheek anime game
- Spaceship Zero by Green Ronin Publishing
- Spirit of the Century by Evil Hat Productions - a pulp game using the FATE system
- Spycraft by Alderac Entertainment Group - espionage adventure
- Star Frontiers by TSR
- StarCraft Adeventure by TSR Inc.
- Star*Drive by TSR, Inc.
- Starfaring by Flying Buffalo
- Stargate SG-1 (RPG) by AEG
- Starhedge by Empire Wargames
- Star Riders by Ianus Games - parody of space opera
- StarRun by QaEG
- Starship Troopers (RPG) by Mongoose Publishing
- Star Hero - the SF adaptation of Fantasy Hero's Hero System
- Star Trek
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game - the D6 System ancestor published by West End Games (1987-1999)
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game - the D20 System version published Wizards of the Coast (2000-2010)
- Star Wreck Roleplaying Game - a parody game based on the Star Wreck movie franchise, written by Mike Pohjola.
- SteamCraft by Perilous Journeys Publishing - Steampunk, Neo-Victorian
- STOCS by Wasteland Games - modern-day generic system
- Stormbringer, by Chaosium, based on Michael Moorcock's Elric of Melniboné stories
- St. Palmer's a Pirate/West Indies RPG
- "The Strange", by Monte Cook Games.
- Superhero 2044
- Squawk - is about intelligent archosaurs in another star system, by the Game Arts Guild.
- Sundered Epoch: Generations - A multi-genre game system by Randal Snyder
- Super Crusaders by Lee Walser - modern-day super hero system
- Super Powers Unlimited by Super Powers Unlimited, LLC
- Super Squadron - an Australian Super-Hero game.
- Supernatural by Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd, based on The CW's Supernatural television series.
- Superworld by Chaosium
- Swordbearer by Heritage Games and Fantasy Games Unlimited
- Swords & Wizardry by Mythmere Games. A free 'clone' of the original version of Dungeons & Dragons.
- Sword World RPG (Japanese)
- Synnibarr (aka The World Of Synnibarr) by Craig McCracken. Notorious for a nonsensical, poorly explained game-world and huge power-levels granted to beginning player characters.
- Systems Failure by Palladium Books
- Tagmar - Brazilian fantasy game
- Tales from the Floating Vagabond by Avalon Hill
- Talislanta by Bard Games
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness by Palladium Books - based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic books.
- Teenagers from Outer Space - an anime based RPG
- Ten Thousand Worlds - a free "universal" system distributed under a Creative Commons license
- Terra Primate by Eden Studios, Inc.
- Terra the Gunslinger (Japanese) - western and steampunk, use playing cards instead of dice
- Testament (role-playing game) by Late Gaming - game set during the End Times
- Tibet: The Roleplaying Game by Vajra Enterprises - historical fantasy set in Tibet
- Timehunter by Red Axe
- Time Lord — Adventures through Time and Space - a Doctor Who RPG based on the 1963–89 run of the BBC television series
- Timelords by Blacksburg Tactical Research Center
- Timeship by Yaquinto
- Theatrix by Backstage Press (1993)
- The Everlasting (role-playing game) by Visionary Entertainment Studios Inc
- The Price of Freedom by West End Games - America loses the Cold War and is Occupied, but Resistance is in our blood
- The Squared Circle by Day Dreamer Interactive
- The Unexplained by Carnivore Games
- Tokyo NOVA (Japanese) - cyberpunk
- Toon - cartoon adventure inspired by the classic cartoon series from Warner Brothers and MGM by Steve Jackson Games
- Top Secret by TSR, Inc. - espionage adventure
- TORG by West End Games
- Total Eclipse RPG by Steve N. Jackson published by Shrapnel Games - Smart phone optimized role playing game.
- Trail of Cthulhu by Pelgrane Press
- Transhuman Space by Steve Jackson Games
- Trauma (French) by Chroniques d'Outre-Monde - contemporary police and counter-terrorism adventures
- Traveller by GDW, Marc Miller
- Trevas - Brazilian game about other worlds
- Tribe 8 by Dream Pod 9
- Tribes by Steve Jackson Games
- Thrilling Tales : Pulp Amazing Stories
- Trinity by White Wolf Publishing
- Trystell by Tab Creations
- Tunnels and Trolls by Flying Buffalo
- TWERPS by Lou Zocchi
- Twilight 2000 by GDW (1984)
- Underground by Mayfair Games
- Underworld by Synister Creative Systems Urban fantasy set in modern day New York.
- Unhallowed Metropolis by Eos Press
- Unisystem by Eden Studios, Inc.
- Universe - by SPI, subtitle The Role-Playing Game of the Future
- Unknown Armies
- URPG - a free and universal RPG Rules System
- Usagi Yojimbo - based on the comic book series, Usagi Yojimbo, by Stan Sakai
- USS Infinity - a new and different RPG
- Valley of the Pharaohs by Palladium Books
- Vampire: The Masquerade (original World of Darkness)
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines
- Vampire: The Requiem (new World of Darkness)
- Vanishing Point (role-play game) by Sane Studios
- Victorian Adventure by SKS Distribution
- Victoriana - 2nd edition by Cubicle 7 Entertainment
- Villains and Vigilantes by Fantasy Games Unlimited, Monkey House Games
- Violence by Hogshead Publishing
- Warcraft the Roleplaying Game by White Wolf Publishing -- a roleplaying game book based on the popular computer game by Blizzard
- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay by Games Workshop
- Warheads: Medieval Tales by Urban Mammoth -- a comically based tabletop roleplaying war game.
- WARS Roleplaying Game by Mongoose Publishing
- Waste World by Manticore Productions Ltd
- Wayfarers by Ye Olde Gaming Companye
- Weapons of the Gods by Eos Press - a wuxia-style game based on the manhua comic of the same name
- Weird Wars by Pinnacle Entertainment Group
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse (original World of Darkness)
- Werewolf: The Forsaken (World of Darkness 2.0)
- Westhedge by Empire Wargames
- The Wheel of Time Roleplaying Game - based on The Wheel of Time novel series by author Robert Jordan
- The Whispering Vault - an RPG about god-hunting
- Wiedźmin (Polish) by MAG
- Wild Talents by Arc Dream Publishing
- Witchcraft by Eden Studios, Inc.
- Witch Hunter: The Invisible World
- Woof meow (role-playing game) by Game Systems (1988)
- World of Darkness (original) and the World of Darkness (new) "2.0" product line by White Wolf Publishing
- The World of Indiana Jones by West End Games
- The World of Kystrel Fantasy RPG
- World of Synnibarr by WonderWorld Press.
- Worlds of Wonder by Chaosium
- World Tree (role-playing game), roleplaying in a high-magic, highly civilized world populated by many sentient species, none of them human.
- Wraith: The Oblivion (original World of Darkness)
- Wushu by Dan Bayn released under the Creative Commons license.
- Wyrd is Bond by Key 20 Publishing
- Y-Modus: Published by Dark Juju Games and written by Zach Owens and Jeremy Sanecki. This is a strategic role-playing game.
- Year of the Zombie: Published by UKGames Publishing and written by Timothy Willard for the d20 Modern rule set.
- Ryan, Michael. "Author". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "d20 Modern website". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "d20 Past website". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "d20 System website". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Das Schwarze Auge". Ulisses Spiele. 2012. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- Rice, George. "Author". Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- "Justice, Inc.". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Rogue Traders website". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- Maranci, Peter. "The History of RuneQuest". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "SLA Industries website". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Warhammer Website". Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- A longer list can be found at http://www.darkshire.net/jhkim/rpg/encyclopedia/