Nitshill railway station
|Managed by||First ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|Original company||Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway|
|Pre-grouping||G&SWR & CR|
|27 September 1848||Opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Nitshill from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Nitshill railway station is situated in Nitshill, a district of Glasgow, Scotland. The station is managed by First ScotRail and is on the Glasgow South Western Line, 5¾ miles (9 km) south west of Glasgow Central.
Monday to Saturday daytimes there is a half-hourly service northbound to Glasgow Central and southbound to Barrhead. This drops to hourly in the evenings and extends to Kilmarnock. There is no Sunday service.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Glasgow South Western Line
|Priesthill & Darnley|
|Barrhead||Caledonian and Glasgow & South Western Railways
Glasgow, Barrhead and Kilmarnock Joint Railway
- Butt (1995), page 1848
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- RAILSCOT on Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway
- RAILSCOT on Glasgow, Barrhead and Kilmarnock Joint Railway
|This Glasgow railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|