Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu
|Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu|
|Directed by||Srikanth Addala|
|Produced by||Dil Raju|
|Screenplay by||Srikanth Addala|
|Cinematography||K. V. Guhan|
|Editing by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
|Studio||Sri Venkateswara Creations|
|Running time||160 mins|
|Budget||54.75 crore (US$8.4 million)|
|Box office||54.75 crore (US$8.4 million)|
Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (Translation : The Jasmine vine in Seethamma's Courtyard) also spelled as Sitamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu and called as SVSC in Shortform, is a 2013 Telugu drama film written and directed by Srikanth Addala. The film stars Venkatesh, Mahesh Babu, Anjali and Samantha, with Prakash Raj, Jayasudha and Rohini Hattangadi in supporting roles. The film was produced by Dil Raju under Sri Venkateswara Creations. The film is being dubbed into Tamil language with the title of Anandam Anandame.
The film was touted to be the first multi-starrer in contemporary Telugu cinema. The film was launched on October 6, 2011 and filming began on January 18, 2012 in Visakhapatnam. The soundtrack of the film was scored by Mickey J Meyer and the album was released on December 16, 2012. The film was released worldwide on January 11, 2013 and received rave reviews from the critics and turned as a blockbuster.
The film begins in the town of Relangi. In that town there is a man who is fondly known as "Relangi Mavayya" (uncle). The middle-class family of Relangi Mavayya has two sons known as Peddodu (elder) (Venkatesh) and Chinnodu (younger) (Mahesh Babu) and a daughter. Relangi Mavayya's sister had married a man from a rich family referred to as "Vijayawada Manushulu" and had a daughter named Seetha (Anjali). Seetha's parents passed away after her birth and she was brought to live with her uncle, Relangi Mavayya. From her childhood, Seetha sees Peddodu as her husband, but he never visibly reciprocates her feelings: always referring to her as "osey" and "yemey?"! Peddodu does not like to change himself to please others and is very introverted. Chinnodu, on the other hand, likes to make others change for himself and will fight for what is right. However, the two brothers are as close as they can be. The movie starts off with small incidents happening in the day to day life of the family that helps the viewer understand the tight knit family and its love for each of its members.
The main story starts when Peddodu quits his job because he is told to change his ways and be more friendly and talkative. Meanwhile, Seetha's paternal uncle and family, the rich family referred to as "Vijayawada Manushulu" hears that Relangi Mavayya wants Seetha to marry Pedoddu. However, Seetha's paternal uncle (Rao Ramesh) does not want that to happen. Rao Ramesh, unlike the rest of his family, hates the Relangi family partly due to jealousy and partly due to social and economic status. Since Rao Ramesh's older daughter is getting married, he gives a wedding card to Relangi Mavayya's family out of pure courtesy. Since Relangi Mavayya cannot make it, he sends Chinnodu on his behalf. It is here that Chinoddu sees Geetha (Samantha), Rao Ramesh's younger daughter, and it is love at first sight for both of them. Although they must go their separate ways after the wedding, they exchange phone numbers and speak on a regular basis. While Relangi Mavayya goes out of town to pick up his daughter (Abhinaya), he bumps into the newlyweds (Rao Ramesh's daughter, her husband, and his parents). The boy's parents see Mavayya's daughter and set a pelli choopulu (pre-engagement program) for her and one of their close friends. Although Peddodu does not like the alliance because it came from Vijayawada, Chinnodu convinces him and the wedding is set.
At the wedding, Relangi Mavayya asks Peddodu to stand at the main entrance and greet everyone and for Chinnodu to greet as people sit. The entire Vijayawada family comes and Rao Ramesh has nothing but ill to speak of Relangi Mavayya and his family. When Peddodu hears this, he gets angry. Chinnodu tries to convince him to put on a brave face for the sake of their sister and parents' happiness just for the night and sort out everything in the morning. However, the brothers have a friction. The friction does not last long and they come back to normal. Their mother wants Peddodu to go to Hyderabad along with Chinnodu for a job search as one of their relatives who had come for the wedding had promised a job for Peddodu. Peddodu reluctantly agrees to keep his brother's heart and comes to Hyderabad. He goes to his relative's office to meet him for a job but is made to wait for a very long time, which makes Peddodu angry. He shouts at his relative and leaves the office. Meanwhile Vijaywada family comes to visit Hyderabad and Geetha (Samantha) invites Chinnodu for lunch. At lunch Chinnodu is taken by surprise to see the entire family in the restaurant. Even the family is caught by surprise, who then invite him to sit with them and have lunch. Geetha's father ends up insulting his father while conversing with him which makes Chinnodu angry and he fires back and leaves. Geetha goes after Chinnodu to pacify him but they both run into Peddodu accidentally who is upset seeing Chinnodu with Viajayawada family. Without asking for any details, he immediately leaves Hyderabad and his stubborn nature upsets Chinnodu. This becomes a source of tension between the brothers till the end of the movie.
In the middle of these tensions their father meets with an accident while trying to save another person and gets admitted to the hospital. Turns out the person he saved was a close relative's son. The relative realizes his folly in having misunderstood Relangi Mavayya all these years he comes to apologize. Tension between the brothers grows further when Peddodu tries to speak to Chinnodu but Chinnodu says they are good for nothing and cannot achieve anything. Seetha who witnesses this plans to visit Bhadrachalam to solve all their family problems. At the "Sri Rama Navami Kalyanam" of Bhadrachalam Temple, because of a short circuit in the tent, havoc rises. Meanwhile Peddodu and Chinnodu join hands along with the Police and the Temple Coordinators and start guiding the people to migrate to a safer place in the tent where the impact is low. While Peddodu saves Geetha and her family from a stampede, Chinnodu damages the Transformer with a rod on the advice of fellow pilgrims, thus marking an end to the havoc. Later on when all are in a bit relaxed mood, Relangi Mavayya sits between the brothers and praises their act. He also makes them understand the value of being friendly with all and loving our persons. This brings a change in the Mindsets of the Brothers as well as Geetha's Father. The Brothers unite and Peddodu declares his love on Seetha expressly by calling her with her name. The movie ends with Seetha's marriage with Peddodu, Geetha's marriage being planned with Chinnodu, Geetha's father apologizing Relangi Mavayya and the Brothers getting Employed (This is an implied one as we find that the brothers present their Grand Mother a set of Golden Bangles thus making her wish true which was to present them after they are Employed).
- Venkatesh as Peddodu
- Mahesh Babu as Chinnodu
- Anjali as Seetha
- Samantha as Geetha
- Prakash Raj as Relangi Mavayya (Uncle)
- Jayasudha as Peddodu and Chinnodu's mother
- Rohini Hattangadi as Peddodu and Chinnodu's grandmother
- Rao Ramesh as Geetha's father
- Abhinaya as Chinni
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Brahmananda Rao
- Tanikella Bharani as Kondala Rao
- Rama Prabha as Seetha's grandmother
- Venu Madhav as Omkar
- Ravi Babu as Goodu Raju, Kondala Rao's son
- Ahuti Prasad as Seetha's uncle
- Murali Mohan as MLA
- Srinivasa Reddy as Peddodu's friend
- Kalpika Ganesh as America akka, Geetha's sister
- Tejaswini Madivada as Geetha's sister
- Rajitha as Geetha's mother
- Dhanya Balakrishna (girl who proposes Chinnodu)
- Prabhas Sreenu as Goodu Raju's friend
- Praveen as Chinnodu's friend
- Giridhar as Chinnodu's friend
- Raja Ravindra as Police inspector
- RJ Hemanth
Srikanth Addala, who debuted with Kotha Bangaru Lokam (2008), had worked for two years on the script of this film. The film was initially planned to be made with Pawan Kalyan and Venkatesh, but the former was replaced with Mahesh. Dil Raju confirmed in early January 2012 that Samantha was part of the project and would be paired opposite Mahesh Babu. Mickey J Meyer was roped in to score the music. K. V. Guhan would handle the cinematography, while Anantha Sreeram and Sirivennela Sitaramasastri will be penning the lyrics for the songs.
In November 2010, it was reported that director Srikanth Addala and Dil Raju were planning to make a multi-starrer film and that they had approached Venkatesh for one of the main leads. Impressed with the script, Venkatesh agreed to star in the film and suggested Pawan Kalyan for the other role. Initial reports suggested that Pawan agreed to be part of the film and filming would begin in early or mid-2011. But later it was reported that Pawan opted out of the film for unknown reasons. Although Venkatesh was committed to the project, Srikanth was unable to zero in on the other lead role and the film was thought to be shelved. But in June 2011, news about the film once again surfaced when it was reported that Mahesh Babu was keen to do the film when Dil Raju and Srikanth met him while shooting for Dookudu at Hyderabad. In July 2011, it was reported that Venkatesh and Mahesh will be part of Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle chettu and filming will begin in October 2011. In September 2011, Venkatesh met Mahesh on the sets of Dookudu thereby strengthening the claims of them working together. In early October, the film was officially launched and it was reported that Mahesh Babu's Dookudu co-star Samantha was cast for the film. At the launch of the movie, it was also revealed that Venkatesh and Mahesh would play brothers in the film and that Prakash Raj was cast for the role of their father in the film. It was reported that the makers of the film were having a tough time in finding an actress to star opposite Venkatesh. It was reported that Trisha Krishnan was cast in the film, who however dismissed the claims. It was later reported that Nayantara was interested in the project, but was not chosen when she reportedly asked 2.5 crore salary. It was also reported that Bhumika Chawla, Anushka Shetty and Sneha were also approached for the role. In mid December 2011, Amala Paul was considered for the role and screen tests were done on her. In late December 2011, Dil Raju announced that Samantha was part of the project, there by putting to rest all the rumors about the actress being replaced. He also announced that she would star opposite Mahesh in the film. In January 2012, it was reported that Amala Paul walked out of the film due to unknown reasons and Dil Raju was considering Telugu-born Tamil actress Anjali for the role. In January 2012, after months of speculation Dil Raju finally announced that Anjali would play the female lead opposite Venkatesh. It was also announced that popular Telugu actress Jayasudha was cast in the role of mother in the film.
In February 2012, news broke out that Prakash Raj walked out of the project due to conflicts with Dil Raju. It was reported that Bollywood actor Anupam Kher was in talks to replace Prakash Raj in the film. This was also later confirmed by Anupam Kher on his Twitter account. In March 2012, it was reported that Tamil actor Nassar was cast for the role. Finally after much speculation, Dil Raju announced that Prakash Raj was still part of the film and clarified that all the reports regarding the rift between him and Prakash Raj were untrue. National Award winning actress Rohini Hattangadi was cast for the grand mother role in the film. Abhinaya was cast as the sister for Venkatesh and Mahesh in the film. It is also revealed that the characters of Venkatesh and Mahesh in the film would not have names, but instead they will be referred to as "Peddodu" (elder) and "Chinnodu" (younger) respectively.
In October 2011, during the launch of the film, it was announced that filming would begin from last week of November 2011. After months of delay, filming began near Andhra University campus in Visakhapatnam on January 18, 2012. After wrapping up the Visakhapatnam schedule, the unit moved to Kutralam, Tamil Nadu for the second schedule. Filming was done from February 6, 2012 to February 27 at Kutralam with all of the lead cast taking part in it. Filming resumed in Hyderabad on March 12, 2012 and continued till April 2. During the schedule, filming was done at City Center mall in Banjara Hills, Sanathnagar and Ramoji Film City. On 13 March, while filming at Sanathnagar in Hyderabad, huge crowds turned up to watch the shoot and as the crowds became uncontrollable, the unit was forced to move the shoot to a different location where scenes on Mahesh and Prakash Raj were filmed. Filming resumed at Hyderabad on April 11, 2012. On April 15, the unit shifted from Hyderabad to Ahmedabad and filming took place on the banks of Sabarmati River and the schedule continued there till April 25.
A special house set worth 1 crore was built at Ramoji Film City under the supervision of art director A. S. Prakash, where major part of filming took place. A new schedule began on July 4 in the temple town of Ahobilam. A minor accident took place when the film set that was built in Ahobilam collapsed. It was reported that except for a minor injury to one of the unit member, the film crew was safe and the filming continued in the sets after few hours of delay. After filming at Ahobilam till July 8, the unit moved to Relangi village in West Godavari district. Filming was done in Relangi till July 11, where scenes on Venkatesh and Anjali were canned. Filming was done for couple of days in Bhadrachalam from July 16, 2012.
The entire filming was stopped for over a month due to Samantha's illness and her unavailability. Filming resumed on September 3, 2012 in Sriperumbudur near Chennai. On September 15, the makers of the film announced that they have completed 78 days of filming and still would require 30 days of additional filming to wrap up the entire film. The unit resumed filming on October 2 at Ramanaidu Studios in Hyderabad. On October 27, the final leg of filming began at Ramoji Film City, where a Bhadrachalam temple set was built for the film by the art director. On December 2, the producers announced that except for two songs, the rest of the film's shooting including the talkie part was completed. On December 6, 2012 one of the remaining two songs was filmed on Mahesh Babu and Samantha at Magarpatta in Pune. The last song in the film was filmed from December 18 to December 21 on Venkatesh and Anjali in Kerala. The entire filming of the movie was completed on December 24, 2012.
On 6 October 2012, a pooja event was held to formally commence the dubbing activities of the movie. It was reported that the post-production activities would simultaneously be done in order to complete the film in time for its intended December release. On 23 October 2012, Samantha started dubbing for her role in the film. It was reported that it was her first time dubbing for a Telugu film, as her roles was previously dubbed by singer Chinmayi. The other female lead in the film, Anjali began dubbing for her role on October 30, 2012. Mahesh Babu started dubbing for his role on December 10, 2012. Re-recording for the film was done by popular Telugu composer Mani Sharma. Mahesh Babu completed the voice dubbing for his role on December 31, 2012.
The film was initially planned to release on September 28, 2012, but was delayed due to Samantha's illness. On September 15, 2012 Dil Raju held a press meet in Hyderabad and announced that the film would release worldwide on December 21, 2012. In November 2012, reports emerged that the film release date was postponed to Sankranthi week in January 2013, but these speculations were dismissed by Dil Raju and stated that the film was still scheduled to release on December 21. However, on December 2, 2012 an official press note was released by the producers stating that the film would release on January 11, 2013. It was reported that SVSC would be the first south Indian film to be screened at the AMC Empire 25 theater in New York. The film was censored and given a 'U' certificate by the CBFC on January 8, 2013. The film was released on January 11, 2013 in over 1500 screens worldwide. The film was released in 85 theaters and 100 screens in Hyderabad. Premiere shows for the film were held at few cities in Andhra Pradesh on the night of January 10, 2013. The film premiered in USA on January 10, 2013 at the AMC Empire 25 theater in Times Square, New York City.
On May 31, 2012 Dil Raju held a press conference at Hyderabad and released a thirty second first look teaser of the film through YouTube to coincide with Mahesh Babu's father, actor Krishna's birthday. The teaser was actively shared through social networking sites upon its release and had also received positive response from the audience. Mahesh through his Twitter account acknowledged the response and thanked the producers of the film. Few days after the teaser release, a preview song from the film was released by Aditya Music. Three first look posters and working stills of the film were released on August 8, 2012. All the three posters had a message signed by Venkatesh that read "Happy birthday to my brother Mahesh Babu". A twelve second teaser was officially released on December 12, 2012 at 12:12 pm. Later that evening, a thirty second teaser was also released by the producer. Both the teasers were dedicated to Venkatesh on the eve of his birthday.
In March 2012, popular film production company 14 Reels Entertainment purchased the overseas distribution rights of the film for 6 crores. The film was released by 14 Reels through Ficus Movies in the overseas. It was the highest amount ever paid for overseas rights of a Telugu film. The satellite rights of the film were sold to a leading Telugu channel for 8.5 crores. In October 2012, the theatrical distribution rights for the film in Krishna district were sold for a record price of 2.75 crores. The theatrical distribution rights for East Godavari district were purchased by Vintage Creations for 2.83 crores and the distribution rights for Nellore district were sold to Srinikethan Films for 1.85 crores.
The film received positive reviews from critics in India. Karthik Pasupulate of The Times of India gave the film 3.5 out of 5 stars and said "the movie lives up to the tag of being a festive family entertainer" and concluded that "It's a good old fashioned family drama sans the usual masala, so as long as you don't expect fire works you'll not be disappointed". Sangeetha Devi Dundoo of The Hindu gave the film a positive review calling it a "joy ride" and praising the performances of Prakash Raj, Venkatesh, Mahesh Babu and Anjali. Radhika Rajamani of Rediff gave it 3 out of 5 stars and said "family relationships and values are the main focus in Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" and "the film is a good old family entertainer, without any violence, of the kind that was popular in the 1950s, '60s, and '70s" and concluded by saying "it seems a little out of date". Reviewer from Indiaglitz.com gave a positive review for the film and called it "a heart-tugging family entertainer". Jeevi of Idlebrain.com gave the film 3.25 of 5 rating and said "SVSC is a different and sensible film to be watched along with the families". Mahesh S Koneru of 123Telugu.com gave a positive review and called it "a beautifully woven tale of human emotions" and he said "The film is a must watch, just to see Venkatesh and Mahesh Babu bond so well on the big screen and finally stated "On the whole, SVSC is a Sankranthi entertainer that you need to watch with your family". Shekhar from Oneindia.in gave the film 3 out of 5 stars and said "the much-hyped movie, which had created huge expectations among the film goers, is really a wonderful flick that suits the image of the superstars and it is a big treat for their fans this Sankranthi". Reviewer from CNN-IBN said "Despite the presence of stars such as Mahesh Babu and Venkatesh, Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC) boasts of being a successful multi-starrer throughout by giving equal weightage to both the actors" and added that "The film may or may not inspire one and all, but it will definitely send everybody back home with a smile".
The film has collected 25.01 crores net across the globe in four days and 28.66 crores net in five days. The film Sealed the fourth spot in the list of All Time Top Grossers of Telugu Cinema after Magadheera, Gabbar Singh and Dookudu. The film has collected a gross of 54.75 crores worldwide till March 1, 2013. The film completed a successful 50 day run in 25 direct centers on March 3, 2013. The film has completed a successful 100 days on April 20, 2013.
In India, the film took a good opening upon release. The film collected 9.81 crore (US$1.5 million) in Andhra Pradesh on its opening day. The film has collected a gross of 40.35 crores in Andhra Pradesh till March 1, 2013.
The film was premiered in USA on January 10, 2013 at 89 locations. The film opened to positive response and grossed $304,047 via the premiere shows and set a record among south Indian films. In USA, the film set an opening record for Telugu films by collecting approximately $1.2 million in the first two days.
The VCD's, DVD's and Blu-rays of the film were released on May 3, 2013 with the prices of $9.99 per DVD and $19.99 per Blu-ray through the manufacturer Bhavani DVD. The VCD's, DVD's and Blu-ray's of the film were released on May 3, 2013 with the prices of 75 per VCD, 149 per DVD, 999 per Blu-ray through the manufacturer Aditya Video. Source : Infibeam. The film has earned 26 points in the MAA TV channel TRP's and is at the top position, after it was telecasted on June 9, 2013.
The soundtrack for the film was composed by Mickey J Meyer, with lyrics penned by Anantha Sreeram and Sirivennela Sitaramasastri. In June 2012, it was announced that the audio rights of the film were sold to Aditya Music. Promo of the first song penned by Ananth Sreeram and sung by Chitra was released on May 31, 2012. A thirty seconds promo of "Aaraduguluntada" song was released through Red FM 93.5 on December 12, 2012. All the seven promo songs were officially released by Aditya Music through their Facebook page on December 14, 2012. The audio launch of the film was held at Ramanaidu Studios in Nanakramguda, Hyderabad on December 16, 2012 and audio of the film was released on the same day. The audio was a huge success and the triple platinum disc function of the film was held on January 20, 2013 at Shilpakala Vedika, Hyderabad.
- "Mickey J Meyer for Mahesh – Venky movie". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 2 November 2011.
- "Mani Sharma BGM for SVSC". Idlebrain. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Shoot beings from Dec 5th". Telugucinema. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "14 Reels bought 'SVSC' Overseas Rights". Super Good Movies. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Dil Raju confirms SVSC release on Jan 11". The Times of India. January 4, 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Cherukuru Raja (June 12, 2013). "Mahesh Babu turns king of small screen". Apherald. Retrieved June 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM IST.
- "SVSC All Time Top Grossers List". Timesofap. March 2, 2013. Retrieved March 2, 2013 at 07:20 PM IST.
- "SVSC film pooja ceremony". Idlebrain. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Mahesh and Venky film commences from Dec 5". Telugucinema. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- Chakpak (October 7, 2013). "'Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu' being dubbed into Tamil". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved November 26, 2013 at 05:17 AM IST.
- "SVSC will set a new multi-starrer trend in Tollywood". Ragalahari. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Mahesh on sets from January". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC) bags rave reviews". One India. January 12, 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- 'Mahesh replaces Pawan Kalyan for Dil Raju's Movie'. Inka Kavala, retrieved on November 2, 2011
- 'Multistarrer with venkatesh and Pawan Kalyan'. Metro Masti, retrieved on November 2, 2011
- "Dil Raju Quashes Rumours on Samatha". Telugu One. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Mickey J Meyer Music for SVSC". Telugu One. Retrieved 2 November 2011.
- "KBL Srikanth planning a multistarrer!". Mirchi9. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "SVSC". Great Andhra. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Kavirayani, Suresh (20 June 2011). "Mahesh & Venky to share screen space?". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Srikanth Addala Meets Mahesh Babu". Telugu One. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Mahesh Venkatesh Multistarrer Confirmed". 16 reels. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Victory Venkatesh met Mahesh Babu". Telugu One. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Samantha in Mahesh, Venkatesh's SVSC". Currentweek. Friday, October 07, 2011. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Dil Raju’s new flick "Seetamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu"". Mirapa. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Trisha not in SVSC". Club Telugu. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Nayan demanded Rs 2.5 cr to sign SVSC". Ragalahari. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Kavirayani, Suresh (Nov 18, 2011,). "Is Anushka playing Mahesh’s sis-in-law?". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Sneha to replace Anushka in SVSC". SuperGood Movies. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Suresh, Kavirayani (Dec 22, 2011). "AmAmala to pair opposite Venky?". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Samantha Out from SVSC Movie?". Zimbio. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Dil Raju confirms Samantha in SVSC". Maa Stars. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Suresh, Kavirayani (Jan 3, 2012). "Sam is still in my film: Dil Raju". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Amala walks out of SVSC". Sify. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Suresh, Kavirayani (Jan 20, 2012). "Anjali in Dil Raju's next". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Journey fame Anjali is Venky's pair in SVSC". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu Joins SVSC on Feb 16". Telugu One. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Prakash Raj - Dil Raju split?". Sify. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Anupam Kher in talks for SVSC". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Nasser steps in Prakash Raj's place in SVSC". Ragalahari. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Nasser confirmed as Venky – Mahesh dad!". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "No walk out from Prakash Raj". The Times of India. March 12, 2012. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Prakash Raj back in Dil Raju's fold (and SVSC)". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Y, Sunita Chowdhary. "Striding ahead cheerfully". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- Y., Sunita Chowdhary. "‘It’s the best phase in my life’". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "No names for Mahesh - Venky in SVSC". Idlebrain. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "Venkatesh, Mahesh film pooja on Dussera". Sify. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "SVSC to shoot in Kutralam, TN, from Feb. 6". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "SVSC in Kutralam". Maa Stars. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Venkatesh, Mahesh’s SVSC Kutralam schedule wrapped". Way2movies. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Venkatesh to join SVSC sets on Monday". Ragalahari. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu shoots at City Center". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "SVSC shoots at RFC". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- "Huge crowds make SVSC shoot impossible". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "SVSC Movie Shooting Disrupted by Crowd". Telugu One. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Southern stars shoot at Sabarmati". The Times of India. 18 April 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "A special set worth Rs 1 crore for SVSC". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- "SVSC brothers shooting at RFC". ifilmish. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Venkatesh heads to Ahobilam for SVSC shoot". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Venkatesh-Anjali to shoot for SVSC at Ahobilam". Way2movies. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Minor Accident in SVSC Set at Ahobilam". Telugu One. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "'SVSC' shooting at Tanuku". Telugu Way. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Venky-Mahesh's SVSC next schedule in Bhadrachalam". Zust Cinema. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "SVSC shooting going on near Tanuku". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu shoots for marriage scenes". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "SVSC Release Date Confirmed". Telugu One. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "SVSC Progressing at Ramanaidu studio". SuperGoodMovies.com. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Bhadrachalam recreated at RFC for SVSC!". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "SVSC in Last Schedule". SuperGoodMovies.com. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- AS, Sashidhar. "Mahesh Babu's SVSC progressing at RFC". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Seethamma Vaakitlo Sirimalle Chettu audio on 15 December". Idlebrain. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "Mahesh and Samantha on a song in Pune". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "www.ragalahari.com/news/15553/mahesh-samantha-charms-telugu-crowd-at-magarpatta-city.aspx". Ragalahari. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "SVSC rain song shoot begins". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "SVSC shooting comes to an end". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "SVSC Dubbing pooja performed". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Dubbing pooja of SVSC held". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "Samantha dubs for herself in SVSC". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Samantha begins dubbing for SVSC". 123 Telugu. Retrieved October 23, 2012.
- "Heroine Anjali begins dubbing for SVSC". Chitramala. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu to dub for SVSC". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Dil Raju confirms SVSC on 11th January". Way2Movies. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Mahesh Babu completes his dubbing for SVSC". Ragalahari. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- A S, Sashidhar (Jul 7, 2012). "Samantha to resume shooting". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "SVSC’s release date confirmed!". 123 Telugu. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "Venky – Mahesh’s SVSC shifted to Sankranthi". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Dil Raju plans to release SVSC on Dec 21". The Times of India. Retrieved November 9, 2012.
- "SVSC to hit screens on Jan 11". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu’s SVSC to be screened at Times Square". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "SVSC censored, gets U certificate". The Times of India. January 8, 2013. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- Krishnamoorthy, Suresh. "SVSC sets new record". The Hindu. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- Kavirayani, Suresh. "SVSC to have a state-wide premiere?". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "SVSC at Times Square". Idlebrain. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- ""Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" Trailer Released". The Times of India. Retrieved May 31, 2012.
- "Superb response to SVSC teaser". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- A S, Sashidhar (Jun 1, 2012). "Mahesh Babu thrilled with the response for SVSC trailer". The Times Of India. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "SVSC first look: Venkatesh's birthday gift to Mahesh Babu". One India. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik (8 August 2012). "Mahesh, Venkatesh first look in SVSC". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "12 Seconds Teaser Of SVSC On 12-12-12". AP Herald. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "SVSC trailer releasing today". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- AS, Sashidhar. "SVSC new trailer for Venkatesh’s birthday". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "Venky Mahesh SVSC Overseas rights sold for 6 Crores". Zust Cinema. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Press Note : SVSC Overseas by 14 Reels through FICUS". 123 Telugu.
- "SVSC Movie Overseas Rights Sold for Record Price". Times of AP. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- A S, Sashidhar (Jun 7, 2012). "SVSC satellite rights sold for 8.5 cr". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- "Mahesh-Venky's SVSC rights sold for highest ever price". One India. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "SVSC Business". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi. "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu: Watch it with a smile". The Hindu. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- Rajamani, Radhika. "Review: Seethamma Vakitlo". Rediff. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu - A heart-tugging family entertainer". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Telugu Movie review - Seetamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC)". Idlebrain. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Koneru, Mahesh S. "Review : Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu – A beautifully woven emotional tale". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC) - Movie Review". One India. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Review: This Telugu film will make you smile". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "SVSC 4 days collection at Box Office". Oneindia Entertainment. January 16, 2013. Retrieved January 15, 2013 at 14:40 IST.
- "Will Naayak, SVSC gross Rs 50 cr at Box Office in week 1?". OneIndia. January 16, 2013. Retrieved January 18, 2013 at 07:24 UTC.
- TNN (February 27, 2013). "SVSC to hold 50 days function". The Times of India. Retrieved April 6, 2013 at 18:25 PM IST.
- "SVSC completes 100 days". 123 Telugu. April 21, 2013. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- "`Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu` earns Rs.9.81 crore on first day". Zee News. January 13, 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "SVSC Storms USA". Idlebrain. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "SVSC: a multi-million dollar baby". Idlebrain. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Seetamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu DTS® (Pre-Order)". BhavaniDVD. April 30, 2013. Retrieved May 1, 2013.
- "Seetamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (Telugu-Bluray)". BhavaniDVD. April 30, 2013. Retrieved May 1, 2013.
- "Aditya Music Bags SVSC Audio". The Times of India. 4 June 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Sitamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (Preview Track)". Raaga. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "SVSC Promo Song Playing in Red FM". Movies.infoonlinepages.com. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Aditya Music - Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu". Facebook. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu-Venkatesh’s SVSC audio today". The Times of India. December 16, 2012. Retrieved December 16, 2012 at 3:29 PM IST.
- "SVSC disc function 20 Jan". Idlebrain. January 18, 2013. Retrieved January 19, 2013 at 18:45 UTC.