Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu
|Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu|
|Directed by||Srikanth Addala|
|Produced by||Dil Raju|
|Screenplay by||Srikanth Addala|
|Cinematography||K. V. Guhan|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
|Running time||160 mins|
|Budget||45 crore (US$7.4 million)|
|Box office||51 crore (US$8.4 million)(Share)|
Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (translation : The Jasmine Vine in Seethamma's Courtyard) also spelled as Sitamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu and called as SVSC in Shortform, is a 2013 Telugu drama film written and directed by Srikanth Addala. The film stars Venkatesh, Mahesh Babu, Anjali and Samantha, with Prakash Raj, Jayasudha and Rohini Hattangadi in supporting roles. The film was produced by Dil Raju under Sri Venkateswara Creations. The film is being dubbed into Tamil language with the title of Anandam Anandame.
The film was touted to be the first multi-starrer in contemporary Telugu cinema. The film was launched on 6 October 2011 and filming began on 18 January 2012 in Visakhapatnam. The soundtrack of the film was scored by Mickey J Meyer and the album was released on 16 December 2012. The film was released globally on 11 January 2013, received rave reviews from the critics and turned as a blockbuster. The film was nominated for eight South Filmfare Awards winning two awards, Best Actor – Telugu and Best Female Playback Singer – Telugu.
In the town of Relangi lived a man called "Relangi Mavayya" (Uncle). A middle-class family with two sons Peddodu (elder) (Venkatesh), Chinnodu (younger) (Mahesh Babu) and a daughter. The Relangi Mavayya's sister married into a wealthy family known as Vijayawada Manushulu and has a daughter Seetha (Anjali). Seetha's lost her parents at child birth and is brought up by RM uncle and family. Since childhood Seetha dreams of becoming Peddodu wife, but he never reciprocates her feelings, he just calls her "osey" and "yemey?"! Peddodu does not like to change or please others and is very introverted. Chinnodu, unlike his brother o fights for what is right. Although the two brothers are complete opposite yet very close buddies. The RMs families bond get stronger and stronger as their lives are fill with day to day incidents.
Everything changed when Peddodu quits his job because he was told by his boss to be more friendly and to interact with his coworkers. Meanwhile, Seetha's paternal uncle the rich family "Vijayawada Manushulu" heard through rumor mill that RM uncle would like Seetha to wed Pedoddu. However, Seetha's paternal uncle (Rao Ramesh) doesn't want that, Rao Ramesh, unlike the rest of his family is jealous and hates the RMs of their social and economic status. In the meantime Rao Ramesh's older daughter is getting married and RMs family has been invited out of courtesy. Since RM uncle sends Chinnodu on his behalf. At this wedding Chinoddu sees Geetha (Samantha), Rao Ramesh's younger daughter, and it's love at first sight for both of them. Although they must go their separate ways after the wedding, they exchange phone numbers and speak on a regular basis. While RMs goes out of town to pick up his daughter (Abhinaya), he bumps into the newlyweds Rao Ramesh's daughter, her husband, and his parents. The boy's parents see RMs daughter and set a pelli choopulu (pre-engagement) for her and one of their close friends. Although Peddodu does not like the alliance because it came from Vijayawada, Chinnodu convinces him and the wedding is set.
At the wedding, Relangi Mavayya asks Peddodu to stand at the main entrance and greet everyone and Chinnodu to greet as people are seated. The entire Vijayawada family arrives and Rao Ramesh has nothing but ill to speak of Relangi Mavayyas' family. When Peddodu is angry hearing this. Chinnodu tries to convince him to put on a brave face for the sake of their sister and parents' happiness just for the night and sort out everything in the morning. However, this causes a friction between the brothers. Although, this friction does not last long. Their mother wants Peddodu to go to Hyderabad along with Chinnodu for a job as one of their relatives who had come for the wedding had promised a job for Peddodu. Peddodu reluctantly agrees and tags along. He goes to his relative's office for a job but is made to wait for a very long time, which makes Peddodu angry. He shouts at his relative and leaves the office. Meanwhile Vijaywada family comes to visit Hyderabad and Geetha (Samantha Ruth Prabhu) invites Chinnodu for lunch. At lunch Chinnodu is surprise to see the entire family in the restaurant. Even the family is surprised, they invite him to sit with them and have lunch. Geetha's father ends up insulting his father while conversing with him which makes Chinnodu angry and he lashes back and leaves. Geetha tries to pacify Chinnodu,but they both run into Peddodu accidentally who is upset seeing Chinnodu with Viajayawada family. Without asking for any details, he immediately leaves Hyderabad and his stubborn nature upsets Chinnodu. This causes a tension between the brothers till the end of the movie.
In the middle of all the tension their father gets into an accident while trying to save another person and is in the hospital. Turns out the person he saved is a son of a close relative. The relative realizes that he misunderstood Relangi Mavayya all these years and he apologizes. Tension between the brothers grows further when Peddodu tries to speak to Chinnodu but Chinnodu says they are good for nothing and cannot achieve anything. Seetha who witnesses this plans to visit [Bhadrachalam] to solve all their family problems. For the Sri Rama Navami Kalyanam at the Bhadrachalam temple, havoc rises because of a short circuit in the tent. Meanwhile Peddodu and Chinnodu join the Police and the temple coordinators and start guiding the people to a safer place. While Peddodu saves Geetha and her family from a stampede, Chinnodu damages the transformer with a rod with the advice of a pilgrimage and thus putting an end to the havoc. After everything calms down Relangi Mavayya praises the two brothers for their bravery. He makes them understand the value of being friends with everyone and loving people. This changes the mindsets of the brothers as well as Geetha's father. The brothers unite and Peddodu declares his love for Seetha expresses it by calling her by her name. At the end Seetha's marries Peddodu, Geetha's marriage is planned with Chinnodu and Geetha's father apologizies to Relangi Mavayya. As promised the employed brothers gift their grandmother a set of golden bangles.
- Venkatesh as Peddodu
- Mahesh Babu as Chinnodu
- Anjali as Seetha
- Samantha as Geetha
- Prakash Raj as Relangi Mamayya
- Jayasudha as Peddodu and Chinnodu's mother
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Brahmananda Rao
- Rao Ramesh as Geetha's father
- Tanikella Bharani as Kondala Rao
- Murali Mohan as MLA
- Ahuti Prasad as Seetha's uncle
- Ravi Babu as Goodu Raju, Kondala Rao's son
- Venu Madhav as Omkar
- Srinivasa Reddy as Peddodu's friend
- Prithviraj as Company Owner
- Rajababu as Relangi's friend
- Prabhas Sreenu as Goodu Raju's friend
- Praveen as Chinnodu's friend
- Giridhar as Chinnodu's friend
- Raja Ravindra as Police inspector
- RJ Hemanth as Bridegroom
- Rohini Hattangadi as Peddodu and Chinnodu's Grandmother
- Rama Prabha as Seetha's grandmother
- Rajitha as Geetha's Aunty
- Abhinaya as Chinni
- Dhanya Balakrishna as a Girl who proposes Chinnodu
- Kalpika Ganesh as America akka, Geetha's sister
- Tejaswi Madivada as Geetha's sister
- Kalpalata as Geetha's Aunty
Srikanth Addala, who debuted with Kotha Bangaru Lokam (2008), had worked for two years on the script of this film. The film was initially planned to be made with Pawan Kalyan and Venkatesh, but the former was replaced with Mahesh. Dil Raju confirmed in early January 2012 that Samantha was part of the project and would be paired opposite Mahesh Babu. Mickey J Meyer was roped in to score the music. K. V. Guhan would handle the cinematography, while Anantha Sreeram and Sirivennela Sitaramasastri will be penning the lyrics for the songs.
In November 2010, it was reported that director Srikanth Addala and Dil Raju were planning to make a multi-starrer film and that they had approached Venkatesh for one of the main leads. Impressed with the script, Venkatesh agreed to star in the film and suggested Pawan Kalyan for the other role. Initial reports suggested that Pawan agreed to be part of the film and filming would begin in early or mid-2011. But later it was reported that Pawan opted out of the film for unknown reasons. Although Venkatesh was committed to the project, Srikanth was unable to zero in on the other lead role and the film was thought to be shelved. But in June 2011, news about the film once again surfaced when it was reported that Mahesh Babu was keen to do the film when Dil Raju and Srikanth met him while shooting for Dookudu at Hyderabad. In July 2011, it was reported that Venkatesh and Mahesh will be part of Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle chettu and filming will begin in October 2011. In September 2011, Venkatesh met Mahesh on the sets of Dookudu thereby strengthening the claims of them working together. In early October, the film was officially launched and it was reported that Mahesh Babu's Dookudu co-star Samantha was cast for the film. At the launch of the movie, it was also revealed that Venkatesh and Mahesh would play brothers in the film and that Prakash Raj was cast for the role of their father in the film. It was reported that the makers of the film were having a tough time in finding an actress to star opposite Venkatesh. It was reported that Trisha Krishnan was cast in the film, who however dismissed the claims. It was later reported that Nayantara was interested in the project, but was not chosen when she reportedly asked 25 million salary. It was also reported that Bhumika Chawla, Anushka Shetty and Sneha were also approached for the role. In mid December 2011, Amala Paul was considered for the role and screen tests were done on her. In late December 2011, Dil Raju announced that Samantha was part of the project, there by putting to rest all the rumors about the actress being replaced. He also announced that she would star opposite Mahesh in the film. In January 2012, it was reported that Amala Paul walked out of the film due to unknown reasons and Dil Raju was considering Telugu-born Tamil actress Anjali for the role. In January 2012, after months of speculation Dil Raju finally announced that Anjali would play the female lead opposite Venkatesh. It was also announced that popular Telugu actress Jayasudha was cast in the role of mother in the film.
In February 2012, news broke out that Prakash Raj walked out of the project due to conflicts with Dil Raju. It was reported that Bollywood actor Anupam Kher was in talks to replace Prakash Raj in the film. This was also later confirmed by Anupam Kher on his Twitter account. In March 2012, it was reported that Tamil actor Nassar was cast for the role. Finally after much speculation, Dil Raju announced that Prakash Raj was still part of the film and clarified that all the reports regarding the rift between him and Prakash Raj were untrue. National Award winning actress Rohini Hattangadi was cast for the grand mother role in the film. Abhinaya was cast as the sister for Venkatesh and Mahesh in the film. It is also revealed that the characters of Venkatesh and Mahesh in the film would not have names, but instead they will be referred to as Peddodu (elder) and Chinnodu (younger) respectively.
In October 2011, during the launch of the film, it was announced that filming would begin from last week of November 2011. After months of delay, filming began near Andhra University campus in Visakhapatnam on 18 January 2012. After wrapping up the Visakhapatnam schedule, the unit moved to Kutralam, Tamil Nadu for the second schedule. Filming was done from 6 February 2012 to 27 February at Kutralam with all of the lead cast taking part in it. Filming resumed in Hyderabad on 12 March 2012 and continued till 2 April. During the schedule, filming was done at City Center mall in Banjara Hills, Sanathnagar and Ramoji Film City. On 13 March, while filming at Sanathnagar in Hyderabad, huge crowds turned up to watch the shoot and as the crowds became uncontrollable, the unit was forced to move the shoot to a different location where scenes on Mahesh and Prakash Raj were filmed. Filming resumed at Hyderabad on 11 April 2012. On 15 April, the unit shifted from Hyderabad to Ahmedabad and filming took place on the banks of Sabarmati River and the schedule continued there till 25 April.
A special house set worth 10 million was built at Ramoji Film City under the supervision of art director A. S. Prakash, where major part of filming took place. A new schedule began on 4 July in the temple town of Ahobilam. A minor accident took place when the film set that was built in Ahobilam collapsed. It was reported that except for a minor injury to one of the unit member, the film crew was safe and the filming continued in the sets after few hours of delay. After filming at Ahobilam till 8 July, the unit moved to Relangi village in West Godavari district. Filming was done in Relangi till 11 July, where scenes on Venkatesh and Anjali were canned. Filming was done for couple of days in Bhadrachalam from 16 July 2012.
The entire filming was stopped for over a month due to Samantha's illness and her unavailability. Filming resumed on 3 September 2012 in Sriperumbudur near Chennai. On 15 September, the makers of the film announced that they have completed 78 days of filming and still would require 30 days of additional filming to wrap up the entire film. The unit resumed filming on 2 October at Ramanaidu Studios in Hyderabad. On 27 October, the final leg of filming began at Ramoji Film City, where a Bhadrachalam temple set was built for the film by the art director. On 2 December, the producers announced that except for two songs, the rest of the film's shooting including the talkie part was completed. On 6 December 2012 one of the remaining two songs was filmed on Mahesh Babu and Samantha at Magarpatta in Pune. The last song in the film was filmed from 18 to 21 December on Venkatesh and Anjali in Kerala. The entire filming of the movie was completed on 24 December 2012.
On 6 October 2012, a pooja event was held to formally commence the dubbing activities of the movie. It was reported that the post-production activities would simultaneously be done in order to complete the film in time for its intended December release. On 23 October 2012, Samantha started dubbing for her role in the film. It was reported that it was her first time dubbing for a Telugu film, as her roles was previously dubbed by singer Chinmayi. The other female lead in the film, Anjali began dubbing for her role on 30 October 2012. Mahesh Babu started dubbing for his role on 10 December 2012. Re-recording for the film was done by popular Telugu composer Mani Sharma. Mahesh Babu completed the voice dubbing for his role on 31 December 2012.
The film was initially planned to release on 28 September 2012, but was delayed due to Samantha's illness. On 15 September 2012 Dil Raju held a press meet in Hyderabad and announced that the film would release worldwide on 21 December 2012. In November 2012, reports emerged that the film release date was postponed to Sankranthi week in January 2013, but these speculations were dismissed by Dil Raju and stated that the film was still scheduled to release on 21 December. However, on 2 December 2012 an official press note was released by the producers stating that the film would release on 11 January 2013. It was reported that SVSC would be the first south Indian film to be screened at the AMC Empire 25 theater in New York. The film was censored and given a 'U' certificate by the CBFC on 8 January 2013. The film was released on 11 January 2013 in over 1500 screens worldwide. The film was released in 85 theaters and 100 screens in Hyderabad. Premiere shows for the film were held at few cities in Andhra Pradesh on the night of 10 January 2013. The film premiered in USA on 10 January 2013 at the AMC Empire 25 theater in Times Square, New York City.
On 31 May 2012 Dil Raju held a press conference at Hyderabad and released a thirty second first look teaser of the film through YouTube to coincide with Mahesh Babu's father, actor Krishna's birthday. The teaser was actively shared through social networking sites upon its release and had also received positive response from the audience. Mahesh through his Twitter account acknowledged the response and thanked the producers of the film. Few days after the teaser release, a preview song from the film was released by Aditya Music. Three first look posters and working stills of the film were released on 8 August 2012. All the three posters had a message signed by Venkatesh that read "Happy birthday to my brother Mahesh Babu". A twelve second teaser was officially released on 12 December 2012 at 12:12 pm. Later that evening, a thirty second teaser was also released by the producer. Both the teasers were dedicated to Venkatesh on the eve of his birthday.
In March 2012, popular film production company 14 Reels Entertainment purchased the overseas distribution rights of the film for 60 million. The film was released by 14 Reels through Ficus Movies in the overseas. It was the highest amount ever paid for overseas rights of a Telugu film. The satellite rights of the film were sold to a leading Telugu channel for 85 million. In October 2012, the theatrical distribution rights for the film in Krishna district were sold for a record price of 27.5 million. The theatrical distribution rights for East Godavari district were purchased by Vintage Creations for 28.3 million and the distribution rights for Nellore district were sold to Srinikethan Films for 18.5 million.
The film received positive reviews from critics in India. Karthik Pasupulate of The Times of India gave the film 3.5 out of 5 stars and said "the movie lives up to the tag of being a festive family entertainer" and concluded that "It's a good old fashioned family drama sans the usual masala, so as long as you don't expect fire works you'll not be disappointed". Sangeetha Devi Dundoo of The Hindu gave the film a positive review calling it a "joy ride" and praising the performances of Prakash Raj, Venkatesh, Mahesh Babu and Anjali. Radhika Rajamani of Rediff gave it 3 out of 5 stars and said "family relationships and values are the main focus in Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" and "the film is a good old family entertainer, without any violence, of the kind that was popular in the 1950s, '60s, and '70s" and concluded by saying "it seems a little out of date". Reviewer from Indiaglitz.com gave a positive review for the film and called it "a heart-tugging family entertainer". Jeevi of Idlebrain.com gave the film 3.25 of 5 rating and said "SVSC is a different and sensible film to be watched along with the families". Mahesh S Koneru of 123Telugu.com gave a positive review and called it "a beautifully woven tale of human emotions" and he said "The film is a must watch, just to see Venkatesh and Mahesh Babu bond so well on the big screen and finally stated "On the whole, SVSC is a Sankranthi entertainer that you need to watch with your family". Shekhar from Oneindia.in gave the film 3 out of 5 stars and said "the much-hyped movie, which had created huge expectations among the film goers, is really a wonderful flick that suits the image of the superstars and it is a big treat for their fans this Sankranthi". Reviewer from CNN-IBN said "Despite the presence of stars such as Mahesh Babu and Venkatesh, Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC) boasts of being a successful multi-starrer throughout by giving equal weightage to both the actors" and added that "The film may or may not inspire one and all, but it will definitely send everybody back home with a smile".
The film has collected 250.1 million net across the globe in four days and 286.6 million net in five days. The film Sealed the fourth spot in the list of All time Top grosses and share of Telugu Cinema after Magadheera, Gabbar Singh, Eega and Dookudu. The film has collected a gross of 547.5 million worldwide till 1 March 2013. The film completed a successful 50-day run in 25 direct centers on 3 March 2013. The film has completed a successful 100 days on 20 April 2013.
In India, the film took a good opening upon release. The film collected 98.1 million (US$1.6 million) in Andhra Pradesh on its opening day. The film has collected a gross of 403.5 million in Andhra Pradesh till 1 March 2013.
The film was premiered in USA on 10 January 2013 at 89 locations. The film opened to positive response and grossed $304,047 via the premiere shows and set a record among south Indian films. In USA, the film set an opening record for Telugu films by collecting approximately $1.2 million in the first two days.
The VCD's, DVD's and Blu-rays of the film were released on 3 May 2013 with the prices of $9.99 per DVD and $19.99 per Blu-ray through the manufacturer Bhavani DVD. The VCD's, DVD's and Blu-ray's of the film were released on 3 May 2013 with the prices of 75 per VCD, 149 per DVD, 999 per Blu-ray through the manufacturer Aditya Video. Source : Infibeam. The film has earned 26 points in the MAA TV channel TRP's and is at the top position, after it was telecasted on 9 June 2013.
The soundtrack for the film was composed by Mickey J Meyer, with lyrics penned by Anantha Sreeram and Sirivennela Sitaramasastri. In June 2012, it was announced that the audio rights of the film were sold to Aditya Music. Promo of the first song penned by Ananth Sreeram and sung by Chitra was released on 31 May 2012. A thirty seconds promo of "Aaraduguluntada" song was released through Red FM 93.5 on 12 December 2012. All the seven promo songs were officially released by Aditya Music through their Facebook page on 14 December 2012. The audio launch of the film was held at Ramanaidu Studios in Nanakramguda, Hyderabad on 16 December 2012 and audio of the film was released on the same day. The audio was a huge success and the triple platinum disc function of the film was held on 20 January 2013 at Shilpakala Vedika, Hyderabad.
- Best Film – Telugu - Dil Raju
- Best Director – Telugu - Srikanth Addala
- Best Supporting Actor – Telugu - Prakash Raj
- Best Supporting Actress – Telugu - Anjali
- Best Music Director – Telugu - Mickey J. Meyer
- "Mickey J Meyer for Mahesh – Venky movie". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 2 November 2011.
- "Mani Sharma BGM for SVSC". Idlebrain. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Shoot beings from Dec 5th". Telugucinema. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "14 Reels bought 'SVSC' Overseas Rights". Super Good Movies. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Dil Raju confirms SVSC release on Jan 11". The Times of India. 4 January 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Top Worldwide Share (Telugu): 'Yevadu', 'SVSC', 'Attarintiki Daredi', 'Mirchi' and Other Films - International Business Times
- "SVSC film pooja ceremony". Idlebrain. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Mahesh and Venky film commences from Dec 5". Telugucinema. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- Chakpak (7 October 2013). "'Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu' being dubbed into Tamil". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "SVSC will set a new multi-starrer trend in Tollywood". Ragalahari. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Mahesh on sets from January". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC) bags rave reviews". One India. 12 January 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Filmfare Awards (South)- 2014 - Nominations". Filmfare.com. July 8, 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Filmfare Awards (South)- 2014 - Winners". Filmfare.com. July 13, 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- 'Mahesh replaces Pawan Kalyan for Dil Raju's Movie'. Inka Kavala, retrieved on 2 November 2011
- 'Multistarrer with venkatesh and Pawan Kalyan'. Metro Masti, retrieved on 2 November 2011
- "Dil Raju Quashes Rumours on Samatha". Telugu One. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Mickey J Meyer Music for SVSC". Telugu One. Retrieved 2 November 2011.
- "KBL Srikanth planning a multistarrer!". Mirchi9. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "SVSC". Great Andhra. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Kavirayani, Suresh (20 June 2011). "Mahesh & Venky to share screen space?". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Srikanth Addala Meets Mahesh Babu". Telugu One. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Mahesh Venkatesh Multistarrer Confirmed". 16 reels. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Victory Venkatesh met Mahesh Babu". Telugu One. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Samantha in Mahesh, Venkatesh's SVSC". Currentweek. 7 October 2011. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Dil Raju’s new flick "Seetamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu"". Mirapa. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Trisha not in SVSC". Club Telugu. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Nayan demanded Rs 2.5 cr to sign SVSC". Ragalahari. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Kavirayani, Suresh (18 Nov 2011). "Is Anushka playing Mahesh’s sis-in-law?". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Sneha to replace Anushka in SVSC". SuperGood Movies. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Suresh, Kavirayani (22 Dec 2011). "AmAmala to pair opposite Venky?". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Samantha Out from SVSC Movie?". Zimbio. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Dil Raju confirms Samantha in SVSC". Maa Stars. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Suresh, Kavirayani (3 Jan 2012). "Sam is still in my film: Dil Raju". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Amala walks out of SVSC". Sify. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Suresh, Kavirayani (20 Jan 2012). "Anjali in Dil Raju's next". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Journey fame Anjali is Venky's pair in SVSC". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu Joins SVSC on Feb 16". Telugu One. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Prakash Raj - Dil Raju split?". Sify. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Anupam Kher in talks for SVSC". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Nasser steps in Prakash Raj's place in SVSC". Ragalahari. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Nasser confirmed as Venky – Mahesh dad!". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "No walk out from Prakash Raj". The Times of India. 12 March 2012. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Prakash Raj back in Dil Raju's fold (and SVSC)". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Y, Sunita Chowdhary. "Striding ahead cheerfully". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- Y., Sunita Chowdhary. "‘It’s the best phase in my life’". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "No names for Mahesh - Venky in SVSC". Idlebrain. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "Venkatesh, Mahesh film pooja on Dussera". Sify. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "SVSC to shoot in Kutralam, TN, from Feb. 6". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "SVSC in Kutralam". Maa Stars. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Venkatesh, Mahesh’s SVSC Kutralam schedule wrapped". Way2movies. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Venkatesh to join SVSC sets on Monday". Ragalahari. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu shoots at City Center". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "SVSC shoots at RFC". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- "Huge crowds make SVSC shoot impossible". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "SVSC Movie Shooting Disrupted by Crowd". Telugu One. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Southern stars shoot at Sabarmati". The Times of India. 18 April 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "A special set worth Rs 1 crore for SVSC". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- "SVSC brothers shooting at RFC". ifilmish. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Venkatesh heads to Ahobilam for SVSC shoot". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Venkatesh-Anjali to shoot for SVSC at Ahobilam". Way2movies. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Minor Accident in SVSC Set at Ahobilam". Telugu One. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "'SVSC' shooting at Tanuku". Telugu Way. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Venky-Mahesh's SVSC next schedule in Bhadrachalam". Zust Cinema. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "SVSC shooting going on near Tanuku". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu shoots for marriage scenes". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "SVSC Release Date Confirmed". Telugu One. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "SVSC Progressing at Ramanaidu studio". SuperGoodMovies.com. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Bhadrachalam recreated at RFC for SVSC!". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "SVSC in Last Schedule". SuperGoodMovies.com. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- AS, Sashidhar. "Mahesh Babu's SVSC progressing at RFC". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Seethamma Vaakitlo Sirimalle Chettu audio on 15 December". Idlebrain. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "Mahesh and Samantha on a song in Pune". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "www.ragalahari.com/news/15553/mahesh-samantha-charms-telugu-crowd-at-magarpatta-city.aspx". Ragalahari. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "SVSC rain song shoot begins". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "SVSC shooting comes to an end". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "SVSC Dubbing pooja performed". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Dubbing pooja of SVSC held". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "Samantha dubs for herself in SVSC". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Samantha begins dubbing for SVSC". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Heroine Anjali begins dubbing for SVSC". Chitramala. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu to dub for SVSC". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Dil Raju confirms SVSC on 11th January". Way2Movies. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Mahesh Babu completes his dubbing for SVSC". Ragalahari. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- A S, Sashidhar (7 Jul 2012). "Samantha to resume shooting". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "SVSC’s release date confirmed!". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "Venky – Mahesh’s SVSC shifted to Sankranthi". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Dil Raju plans to release SVSC on Dec 21". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "SVSC to hit screens on Jan 11". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu’s SVSC to be screened at Times Square". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "SVSC censored, gets U certificate". The Times of India. 8 January 2013. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- Krishnamoorthy, Suresh. "SVSC sets new record". The Hindu. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- Kavirayani, Suresh. "SVSC to have a state-wide premiere?". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "SVSC at Times Square". Idlebrain. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- ""Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" Trailer Released". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "Superb response to SVSC teaser". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- A S, Sashidhar (1 Jun 2012). "Mahesh Babu thrilled with the response for SVSC trailer". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "SVSC first look: Venkatesh's birthday gift to Mahesh Babu". One India. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik (8 August 2012). "Mahesh, Venkatesh first look in SVSC". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "12 Seconds Teaser Of SVSC On 12-12-12". AP Herald. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "SVSC trailer releasing today". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- AS, Sashidhar. "SVSC new trailer for Venkatesh’s birthday". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "Venky Mahesh SVSC Overseas rights sold for 6 Crores". Zust Cinema. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Press Note : SVSC Overseas by 14 Reels through FICUS". 123 Telugu.
- "SVSC Movie Overseas Rights Sold for Record Price". Times of AP. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- A S, Sashidhar (7 Jun 2012). "SVSC satellite rights sold for 8.5 cr". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- "Mahesh-Venky's SVSC rights sold for highest ever price". One India. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "SVSC Business". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi. "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu: Watch it with a smile". The Hindu. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- Rajamani, Radhika. "Review: Seethamma Vakitlo". Rediff. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu - A heart-tugging family entertainer". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Telugu Movie review - Seetamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC)". Idlebrain. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Koneru, Mahesh S. "Review : Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu – A beautifully woven emotional tale". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC) - Movie Review". One India. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Review: This Telugu film will make you smile". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "SVSC 4 days collection at Box Office". Oneindia Entertainment. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Will Naayak, SVSC gross Rs 50 cr at Box Office in week 1?". OneIndia. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Pawan Kalyan leading the No: 1 race
- "SVSC All Time Top Grossers List". Timesofap. 2 March 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- TNN (27 February 2013). "SVSC to hold 50 days function". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "SVSC completes 100 days". 123 Telugu. 21 April 2013. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "`Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu` earns Rs.9.81 crore on first day". Zee News. 13 January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "SVSC Storms USA". Idlebrain. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "SVSC: a multi-million dollar baby". Idlebrain. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Seetamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu DTS® (Pre-Order)". BhavaniDVD. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Seetamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (Telugu-Bluray)". BhavaniDVD. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- Cherukuru Raja (12 June 2013). "Mahesh Babu turns king of small screen". Apherald. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Aditya Music Bags SVSC Audio". The Times of India. 4 June 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Sitamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (Preview Track)". Raaga. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "SVSC Promo Song Playing in Red FM". Movies.infoonlinepages.com. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Aditya Music - Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu". Facebook. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Mahesh Babu-Venkatesh’s SVSC audio today". The Times of India. 16 December 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "SVSC disc function 20 Jan". Idlebrain. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2013.