Bandidhoo (Dhaalu Atoll)
|Geographic atoll||South nilandhe atoll (nilandhe atholhu dhekunuburi)|
|Administrative atoll||Dhaalu Atoll|
|Distance to Malé||148.65 km (92.37 mi)|
|• Length||0.575 km (0.357 mi)|
|• Width||0.450 km (0.280 mi)|
|• Total||793 (including foreigners)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:00 (MST)|
|2006-2014: Census populations|
The commerce of the island is centered around their famous fleet of fishing boats (approx: 25). Although typically a fishing community, inhabitants have started working construction and resort jobs.
Bandidhoo has a hospital (Bandidhoo Health Centre) and a school (Bandidhoo School) teaching from preschool to grade 10.
Bandidhoo also has a harbour to enable faster loading and unloading for boats. The harbour development was begun on 10 March 2014. The expanded harbour was reopened by President Abdulla Yameen on 4 May 2016.
- "Table PP5: Resident Population by sex, nationality and locality (administrative islands), 2014" (PDF). Population and Households Census 2014. National Bureau of Statistics. p. 35. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Tsunami Impact Assessment 2005" (PDF). National Bureau of Statistics. p. 7. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Coordinate Distance Calculator". Boulter.com. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Table 3.3: Total Maldivian Population by Islands" (PDF). National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Maldives: Bandidhoo Harbour Project Inaugurated". Dredging Today. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Bandidhoo Harbor Opening Ceremony". Dredging Today. 4 May 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
|This Maldives location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|