Omadhoo (Alif Dhaal Atoll)
|Administrative atoll||Alif Dhaal Atoll|
|Distance to Malé||73.96 km (45.96 mi)|
|• Length||0.950 km (0.590 mi)|
|• Width||0.300 km (0.186 mi)|
|• Total||883 (including foreigners)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+05:00)|
|2006-2014: Census populations|
According to the latest census conducted in 2018, the total population of Omadhoo is at 1089 out of which 840 are Maldivians, and above 150 foreigners.
In accordance with the recently passed Decentralization Act of Maldives, Omadhoo is governed by an elected Island Council composed of Three Councillors. The Council is headed by the President of the Council. The Island Council reports to the Local Government Authority (LGA).
As of January 2018 there are nine guest house in Omadhoo. The guest houses provide the island with direct employment, and many other indirect economic benefits to the island. Most guest houses are funded by direct investments by local residents of the island. However, recently there have been investments by businessmen in Male' and elsewhere.
Guest houses provide various excursions, including: whale shark watching, manta rays snorkeling, off island snorkeling, fishing, scuba diving, sand bank and picnic island visiting (including overnight staying).
Omadhoo is served by combined one preschool and one primary/secondary school, Omadhoo School.
- "Table PP5: Resident Population by sex, nationality and locality (administrative islands), 2014" (PDF). Population and Households Census 2014. National Bureau of Statistics. p. 35. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Coordinate Distance Calculator". Boulter.com. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Table 3.3: Total Maldivian Population by Islands" (PDF). National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Glamping Overnight". omadhoo inn. Retrieved 2018-05-14.
- "Omadhoo. Full review | Budget Maldives". Budget Maldives. 19 December 2017. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
|This Maldives location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|