A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2017)
David Ebersman attended the Trinity School in New York City, graduating in 1987. He then went on to attend Brown University and graduated in June 1991 with an AB in international relations and Economics.
Ebersman began his professional career at Oppenheimer & Co, Inc. in September 1991 as a Research Analyst. Ebersman left Oppenheimer & Co in February 1994 and began working for Genentech, working his way up to CFO by the time of his 2009 departure.
In September 2009, Ebersman joined Facebook as the company's chief financial officer, hired in part because he had "public company experience". Ebersman oversaw the initial public offering (IPO) of stock on May 18, 2012.
- David A. Ebersman. "David Ebersman: Executive Profile & Biography – Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Facebook hires former Genentech exec as CFO". ZDNet. 2009-06-29. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Going Public: Key Developments in Facebook's IPO – ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. 2012-02-01. Archived from the original on 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Jennings, Katie. "Lyra Health Hits $1.1 Billion Valuation, As Coronavirus Boosts Need For Teletherapy". Forbes. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
- "Sheryl Sandberg Joins SurveyMonkey's Board". Retrieved 2015-07-06.