This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Workplace is an online collaborative software tool developed by Meta Platforms. It facilitates online groupwork, instant messaging, video conferencing, and news sharing.
Workplace was first announced on January 14, 2015. It launched in beta as Facebook at Work before officially launching in October 2016.[better source needed] Free accounts were discontinued in February 2021.
Workplace and Facebook
This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2021)
While Workplace accounts are set up and run separately from Facebook accounts, Workplace uses much of the underlying technology that powers Facebook.
Workplace data is stored across 12 Facebook-owned and operated data centers.
Workplace uses machine learning to rank information in a user's news feed and make recommendations, while 'downranking' less relevant information.
In October 2018, Workplace announced the launch of Safety Check. Originally developed by Facebook engineers after the 2011 Japanese tsunami, Safety Check for Workplace allows organizations to identify employees who may be affected by a crisis and send and monitor responses. Safety Check has been used by Delta Air Lines (during Hurricane Florence and the Hokkaido earthquake).
Workplace has an aggregated rating of 4 stars from 1,379 reviews on G2, and an aggregated rating of 4 stars from 103 reviews on Gartner Peer Insights. It has been praised as a tool for internal communication and collaboration, but critics have noted that it lacks some project management functionality.
Workplace is used by over 30,000 organizations. As of May 2021, there are 7 million paying users, but the total number of users, both paid and unpaid, hasn't been disclosed.
Workplace for Good
Workplace for Good was launched in June 2018 to provide a free version of Workplace for registered non-profits and staff of educational institutions.
Integrations are available with popular SaaS tools like Jira, SharePoint, ServiceNow, Adobe Sign, SurveyMonkey, Google Drive, Zoom and Dropbox.
- Social project management
- Collaboration software
- List of collaborative software
- Social graph
- Meta Platforms
- ^ Alba, Davey (Jan 14, 2015). "'Facebook at Work' Launches So You Can Never Not Be on Facebook". Wired. Retrieved Jul 25, 2019 – via www.wired.com.
- ^ "RBS becomes first bank in the world to launch Facebook At Work". www.rbs.com. Retrieved Jul 25, 2019.
- ^ "How do I unlink my personal and work accounts?". Workplace from Meta. Retrieved Jul 25, 2019.
- ^ "Facebook Accelerates its Data Center Expansion". Mar 19, 2018. Retrieved Jul 25, 2019.
- ^ "How using AI is making work more meaningful – Workplace Stories". 2018-12-18. Archived from the original on 2018-12-18. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- ^ "Bringing Safety Check to Workplace on mobile and desktop – Workplace Stories". October 9, 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-10-09.
- ^ "Workplace by Facebook Reviews 2019: Details, Pricing, & Features". G2. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- ^ Inc, Gartner. "Workplace by Facebook Enterprise IT Software Reviews | Gartner Peer Insights". Gartner. Retrieved Jul 25, 2019.
|last=has generic name (help)[dead link]
- ^ "Workplace by Facebook". PCMag UK. Dec 12, 2017. Retrieved Jul 25, 2019.
- ^ "Our Agency Tried Workplace by Facebook and Here's How it Went". Approach Marketing. Retrieved Jul 25, 2019.
- ^ Dignan, Larry. "Workplace by Facebook passes 5 million paid users, launches Workplace Rooms, video conferencing enhancements". ZDNet. Retrieved 2020-07-18.
- ^ "16 Best Time Management Apps to Skyrocket Productivity in 2019". Biz 3.0. 2019-06-02. Retrieved 2019-07-30.