The library is maintained by the Facebook Database Engineering Team.
RocksDB is optimized for fast, low-latency storage, and MyRocks is aimed at keeping the storage savings efficient.
MyRock's efficiency focuses on better space efficiency, better write efficiency, and better read efficiency.
- Better space efficiency means using less SSD storage.
- Better write efficiency means SSD endurance.
- Better read efficiency comes from more available IO capacity for handling queries.
- MyRocks was 2x smaller than InnoDB (compressed) and 3.5x smaller than InnoDB (uncompressed).
- MyRocks also has a 10x lower storage write rate compared to InnoDB.
With SSD database storage, this means less space used and a higher endurance of the storage over time.
The officially supported subset of platforms are:
- CentOS 6.8
- CentOS 7.2.x
Compiler toolsets we verify our builds with:
- gcc 4.8.1
- gcc 4.9.0
- gcc 5.4.0
- gcc 6.1.0
- Clang 3.9.0
Best effort is made to support the following OSs:
- Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
- Ubuntu 15.10
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- "Thoughts on MariaDB Server 10.3 from MariaDB Developers Meeting in Amsterdam, part 1 - MariaDB.org". MariaDB.org. 2016-10-10. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "MyRocks alpha storage engine added - MariaDB 10.2.5 Release Notes". MariaDB.org. 2017-04-05. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "MariaDB 10.3.4 Release Notes". MariaDB.com. 2018-01-18. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "MyRocks: A space- and write-optimized MySQL database". Facebook Code. 2016-08-31. Retrieved 2017-01-06.