February 14, 1929|
||December 1, 2012
La Jolla, California, USA
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology, 1967
- Krishnan Medal, Indian Geophysical Union, 1965
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy, 1972
- Fellow, FRS, 1979
- Fellow, Meteoritical Society, 1970
- Foreign Associate, National Academy of Sciences, 1975
- V.M. Goldschmidt Medal, Geochemical Society, 1997
- Padma Shri, 1971
||Aruna Lal (née Damany)
Devendra Lal FRS (February 14, 1929- December 1, 2012) was an Indian geophysicist.
He was born in Varanasi, India. He graduated from Banaras Hindu University. He graduated from Bombay University; his thesis was on cosmic ray physics; his thesis adviser was Bernard Peters.
He was Director, of the Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad from 1972 to 1983.
He was Visiting Professor at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, from 1989 to 2012.