Ram Narain Agarwal
Ram Narain Agarwal is a noted aerospace engineer of India. He has significantly contributed towards the Agni series of surface-to-surface missiles. and is considered the 'father of the Agni series of missiles'.
He was born to a family of traders in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Agarwal has worked as Program Director (AGNI) and as Director Advanced Systems Laboratory of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering from Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Master's degree in Engineering, from Aero-Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Fellow Membership in the Indian National Academy of Engineering and Aeronautical Society of India Amit saraswat
- Padma Shri in the year 1990
- Padma Bhushan in the year 2000
- Dr. Biren Roy Space Science Award (1990) from Aero Society of India
- Scientist of the Year Award (1993)
- DRDO Technology Leadership Award (1998)
- Chandrasekhar Saraswati National Eminence Award for Science (2000)
- Life Time Achievement Award (2004).
- "PM promises strict N-safeguards". The Tribune. Chandigarh. 18 May 2005. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "India will test-fire longest range missile: Natrajan". 17 May 2005. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- Chengappa, Raj (8 August 2005). "Charioteer Of Fire". India Today. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.