Energean Oil & Gas
|Traded as||LSE: ENOG|
|Headquarters||Marousi, Athens, Greece|
|Simon Heale (Chairman)|
Mathios Rigas (CEO)
|Revenue||US$57.8 million (2017)|
|US$(13.7) million (2017)|
|US$9.9 million (2017)|
The company was established as Aegean Energy SA, a Greek-owned business, in 2007. It started operations when it acquired Eurotech Services SA from Regal Petroleum in December 2007. It then developed sites in the north Aegean Sea. It was then the subject of an initial public offering in March 2018.
The company is developing Israel's Tanin and Karish offshore natural gas fields. As of 2018, Energean has signed supply contracts to Israeli companies which account for all of the proven gas reserves in the two fields, with an expected production rate of 4.2 billion cubic metres of gas per year by 2022. Production will be carried out using an FPSO vessel connected by a submarine pipeline to the Israeli domestic natural gas distribution grid. The production infrastructure will be able to handle up to 8 billion cubic metres per year should additional gas finds be located in nearby exploration prospects owned by Energean.
- "Annual Report 2017" (PDF). Energean Oil & Gas. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Energean raises $460m in London IPO to develop Israeli gas fields". Globes. 16 March 2018. Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- "Regal Petroleum Announces Sale of Eurotech Services SA". Shana. 24 December 2007. Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- "Energean signs rig, platform deal with GSP for Epsilon development". Offshore Energy Today. 27 February 2018. Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- "Blocks 12, 21, 22, 23 and 31". Energean Oil & Gas. Retrieved 1 July 2018.