Honda G engine
|Manufacturer||Honda Motor Manufacturing|
|Configuration||Naturally aspirated Inline-5|
|Displacement||2.0–2.5 L; 121.8–149.6 cu in (1,996–2,451 cc)|
|Cylinder bore||82 mm (3.23 in)|
85 mm (3.35 in)
|Piston stroke||75.6 mm (2.98 in)|
86.4 mm (3.40 in)
|Valvetrain||SOHC 4 valves x cyl.|
|Fuel system||Fuel injection|
|Power output||114–140 kW (155–190 PS; 153–188 hp)|
|Torque output||19–24.2 kg⋅m (186–237 N⋅m; 137–175 lb⋅ft)|
The Honda G-series engine is a family of slanted inline-five cylinder gasoline engines; the engines are SOHC with 4 valves per cylinder. They were originally used in the 1989 Honda Vigor, Honda Rafaga, Honda Ascot and Honda Inspire. They carried over to the Vigor's successor the Acura 2.5TL, which ran from 1995-1998 in North America, and the Honda Saber in Japan.
Some people colloquially refer to an F-Series block (found in Accords) with an H-Series head (found in Preludes) as a "G-series" engine. This combination of an Accord bottom end with a Prelude head has nothing in common with the actual G-series engine. The engine is longitudinally-mounted and resembles an F-Series single cam engine (found in early Accords) with an extra cylinder on it and a shorter stroke.
- Displacement: 2.0 L; 121.8 cu in (1,996 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 82 mm × 75.6 mm (3.23 in × 2.98 in)
- Compression ratio: 9.7:1
- Max Power: 114–118 kW (155–160 PS; 153–158 hp) @ 6700 rpm
- Max Torque: 19 kg⋅m (186 N⋅m; 137 lb⋅ft) @ 4000 rpm
Found in the 1989-1991 JDM Inspire/Vigor (CB5), 1992-1994 JDM Inspire/Vigor 20 (CC3), 1993-1997 JDM Ascot/Rafaga 2.0 (CE4), and 1995-1997 JDM Inspire/Saber 20 (UA1).
- Displacement: 2.5 L; 149.6 cu in (2,451 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 85 mm × 86.4 mm (3.35 in × 3.40 in)
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1
- Max Power: 140 kW (190 PS; 188 hp) @ 6500 rpm
- Max Torque: 24.2 kg⋅m (237 N⋅m; 175 lb⋅ft) @3800 rpm
- Redline: 6800 rpm
- Fuel Cutoff: 7100 rpm
Found in the 1992-1994 JDM Inspire/Vigor 25 (CC2), 1993-1997 Ascot/Rafaga 2.5S (CE5), and 1995-1997 JDM Inspire/Saber 25 (UA2).
- Compression ratio: 9.0:1
- Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Power: 176 hp (131 kW; 178 PS)
Found in the 1995-1998 USDM & CDM Acura 2.5TL (UA2).