This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India|
Honda de México
|Production||2001 - present;|
|Engine||125 cc 4-stroke, single-cylinder, air-cooled, OHC or 109 cc 4-stroke, single-cylinder, air-cooled, OHC|
|Power||7 bhp (5.2 kW) or 8 bhp (5.71 KW) in 2009 model (claimed)|
|Torque||8.74 Nm (claimed)|
|Suspension||Bottom link with spring-loaded hydraulic damper (front), unit swing with spring-loaded hydraulic damper (rear)|
|Brakes||drum, 130mm (front & rear) with CBS (only in 2009 model)|
L: 1,761 mm|
W: 710 mm
H: 1,147 mm
|Seat height||765 mm|
|Fuel capacity||5.75 l or 5.3 l in 2009 model|
The Honda Activa is a motor scooter made by Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India. It was launched in India in 2000. Production in Mexico began in 2004. It is a 109/125 cc, 7 bhp (5.2 kW) scooter. The vehicle has the option of kick- and self-start, and includes the puncture-resistant "tuff-up" tyre and tube combination.
Honda launched a new version of the Activa in the Indian market launched on 8 May 2009, with a new 109 cc engine. Power output was bumped up to 8 bhp (6.0 kW) and new features like combi-brake and key shutter were introduced. Fuel economy was claimed to be improved by 15%.
In June 2013, Honda introduced Activa-i, a sleek and stylish variant of Activa. The new model shared most of the features with Activa, the primary difference being in the body style.
In April 2014, Honda launched an upgraded model of Activa with a 125cc engine and rebranded the model as Activa 125. Currently, both Activa-i and Activa 125 are sold in India.
In April, 2014, The Economic Times reported the Honda Activa to be the best selling two wheeler in India (if not the world), outselling the Hero Splendor. During the month of September 2013, 141,996 Honda Activa scooters were sold, nearly equal to Honda's entire annual sales in North America.
In India, Honda launched Activa i, a cheaper, lighter and stylish version of the Activa, in December of 2013. It is powered by 110 CC engine and weighs 103 kg. On September 22, 2015, Honda announced that they had sold over 1 million Activas in five months in the Indian market, from April to August.
After launching the 5th generation of Honda Activa in year 2018, Honda is speculated to launch their first-ever electric scooter to be called as Honda Activa 6G.
- "Activa-Joy ON & ON" (PDF). Honda India. Archived from the original (flash) on 7 September 2012. Retrieved 12 October 2012. See specifications/Engine
- History, Honda Mexico, retrieved 2012-04-18
- "Activa-Joy ON & ON". Honda2wheelersindia. Archived from the original (flash) on 2009-08-13. Retrieved 2012-09-12. See features, Click on relevant areas
- "Honda overtakes splendor", Zigwheels, The Economic Times, April 2014
- Blake Bos (January 25, 2014), 5 of the World's Best-Selling Motorcycle Brands. Do You Know Who's No. 1?, The Motley Fool
- "Honda Activa i". Bikewale.
- "Honda makes history, sells over 1 million Activas in first 5 months". The Economic Times. 2015-09-22. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Honda Activa 6G - Upcoming Electric Scooter", activa, Honda_Activa, aug 2018 Check date values in:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Honda Activa.|