|Place of origin||Thailand|
|Region or state||Southeast Asia|
|Main ingredients||Toddy palm, coconut milk, rice flour and sugar|
Khanom tan is made in the same way as khanom kluay. Khanom tan is made from banana and coconut milk, rice flour, yeast, and toddy palms (palm sugar). Toddy palm has a strong smell when crushed. Palm is very rich in vitamins A and C, and is juicy and soft, similar to lychee.
Khanom Tan is one popular Thai desserts that come from Sukhothai period. In that time the main ingredients were rice flour, sugar and coconut Afterwards the time had changed and people in Ayutthaya has been developed a new recipe mixing eggs with sugar. Such ingredients are used until now. Nowadays, Khanom Tan is not well known among the younger generations because It is rarely found on street or in the market but It is still popular Thai dessert. The palm has a strong smell when crushed. Palm is very rich in vitamins A and C, and is juicy and soft 
- 4 and ½ cups of rice flour
- 1 cup of ripe sugar palm fruit (squeeze the meat)
- 4 and ½ cups of coconut milk
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of scraped coconut (overripe)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder. 
How to cook
- Crush the sugar palm fruit with water in a bowl.
- Put all of the juice in a filter cloth bag and squeeze.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Boil coconut milk with sugar.
- When it's boiling, turn off the fire and leave it cool off.
- In a big bowl, mix sugar palm meat from step1 with rice flour and coconut milk from step2.
- Knead well. Make sure it is really soft.
- Leave it outside for 4 hours.
- Put wet white cloth over top.
- Cut banana leave and make a small cup from it.
- Pour the mix in banana cups or ceramic cups if you can't make one.
- Mix scraped coconut with salt and dress it over top the cake.
- Steam on boiling water for 15 minutes.
- "» ขนมตาล (ขนมไทย) Toddy Palm Cake (Kanom Tarn)". ไทยอาชีพ เสริมรายได้ อาชีพอิสระ งานฝีมือ ธุรกิจSMEs แฟรนไชส์.
- "Khanom tan - Lanna Food | Northern Thai Information Center, Chiang Mai University Library". library.cmu.ac.th. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Thai Desserts Recipes | Asian Recipes". www.asian-recipe.com. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "ประวัติขนมตาล". Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "ประโยชน์ของลุกตาล". Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "ส่วนประกอบของขนมตาล". Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "วิธีทำขนมตาล". Retrieved 2 March 2018.