Nebraska Wing Civil Air Patrol
The Nebraska Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col Steven W. Kuddes|
|Statistics as of 2018|
The Nebraska Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of Nebraska. Nebraska Wing headquarters are located in Ashland, Nebraska. The Nebraska Wing consists of over 450 cadet and adult members at over 17 locations across the state of Nebraska.
The Nebraska Wing performs the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol: providing emergency services; offering cadet programs for youth; and providing aerospace education for both CAP members and the general public.
The Civil Air Patrol provides emergency services to those in distress. This includes executing federal inland search-and-rescue missions directed by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center. Civil Air Patrol assets are also available to state and local Emergency Management and Public Safety agencies for search and rescue operations, aerial photography missions, contingency tactical communications, and emergency transport of humanitarian supplies, blood, tissue, or organs.
The Civil Air Patrol offers a cadet program for youth aged 12 to 21, which includes aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership. The cadet program includes an opportunity for cadets to solo fly an airplane through a flight encampment or academy.
The Civil Air Patrol provides aerospace education to CAP members and the general public. For CAP members, this includes graded courses covering flight physics, dynamics, history, and application. The Civil Air Patrol helps schoolteachers integrate aviation and aerospace into the classroom through outreach programs, including the External Aerospace Education program, by providing seminars, course materials and through sponsorship of the National Congress on Aviation and Space Education.
|NE001||Nebraska Wing Headquarters Squadron||Ashland|
|NE002||General Curtis Lemay Offutt Composite Squadron||Offutt Air Force Base|
|NE004||Columbus Composite Squadron||Columbus|
|NE010||Fremont Cadet Squadron||Fremont|
|NE016||Seward County Composite Squadron||Friend|
|NE019||Omaha Composite Squadron||Omaha|
|NE056||Pine Ridge Composite Squadron||Hay Springs|
|NE058||155th Composite Squadron||Lincoln|
|NE062||NE Nebraska Composite Squadron||Norfolk|
|NE068||Capital City Senior Squadron||Lincoln|
|NE073||Sandhills Composite Squadron||Kilgore|
|NE088||Siouxland Composite Squadron||Sergeant Bluff|
|NE089||99th Pursuit Composite Squadron||Omaha|
|NE093||Lee Bird Composite Squadron||North Platte|
|NE094||Tri Cities Composite Squadron||Grand Island|
|NE800||Burke High School Squadron||Omaha|
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "Contact CAP". Nebraska Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "2014 Statistics" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Our Missions". Nebraska Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- "Youth Program". Nebraska Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory" (PDF). Gocivilairpatrol.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 August 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2015.