North Dakota Wing Civil Air Patrol
The North Dakota Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col John P Steiner|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col Kenneth D Schuler|
|Chief of Staff||Lt Col Sean Johnson|
|Statistics as of 2017|
The North Dakota Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of North Dakota. North Dakota Wing headquarters are located in Bismarck, North Dakota. The North Dakota Wing consists of over 200 cadet and adult members at over 7 locations across the state of North Dakota.
The North Dakota Wing performs the three primary missions of the Civil Air Patrol: providing emergency services; offering cadet programs for youth; and providing aerospace education for both CAP members and the general public.
In March 2009, the North Dakota Wing was deployed to respond to flooding along the Red River of the North. Civil Air Patrol ground teams assisted local residents with sandbagging efforts, and erected a dike around a Red Cross building in the path of the flooding. Five aircraft from the North Dakota Wing, along with two aircraft from the South Dakota Wing, made 134 flights to conduct aerial photography missions to survey damage for the state's Emergency Operations Center.
The Civil Air Patrol runs a cadet program for the purpose of enhancing the leadership skills of cadets through cultivating an interest in aviation, and also for providing services to the United States Air Force, and the local community.
The Civil Air Patrol runs both internal and external aerospace education programs. The internal program provides aerospace education to the CAP membership, both senior and cadet. The external program provides the general public with aerospace education.
|ND030||Bismarck Composite Squadron||Bismarck|
|ND044||Rough Rider Composite Squadron||Dickinson|
|ND119||119th ANG Cadet Squadron||Fargo|
|ND046||Red River Senior Squadron||Fargo|
|ND005||Grand Forks Composite Squadron||Grand Forks|
|ND031||James Valley Composite Squadron||Jamestown|
|ND021||Magic City Composite Squadron||Minot|
Employers within the borders of North Dakota may not terminate or demote an employee who is a member of the Civil Air Patrol if that employee takes a leave of absence in order to respond to an emergency mission as a part of the Civil Air Patrol. Nor may an employer discriminate during the hiring process or otherwise deny employment to an individual based on his or her affiliation with the Civil Air Patrol.
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "Contact Us". North Dakota Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "2014 Statistics" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Emergency Services". North Dakota Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Solomon, Steven, Capt (2009). "CAP members aid flood stricken North Dakota" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". North Dakota Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". North Dakota Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory" (PDF). Gocivilairpatrol.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 August 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Chapter 37-29: Volunteer Emergency Responder Job Protection" (PDF). North Dakota Legislative Assembly. Retrieved 20 October 2017.