Ogden Mills & Ruth Livingston Mills State Park
|Ogden Mills & Ruth Livingston Mills State Park|
|New York State Park|
|Named for: Ogden Livingston Mills|
|Hamlet and CDP||Staatsburg, New York|
|Management||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|- location||Albany, New York|
|Nearest city||Staatsburg, New York|
|Website: Ogden Mills & Ruth Livingston Mills State Park|
Ogden Mills & Ruth Livingston Mills State Park, also known as Mills Memorial State Park, is a 750-acre (3.0 km2) state park located in Staatsburg in Dutchess County, New York. It is off U.S. Route 9, between Rhinebeck to the north and Hyde Park to the south, at an elevation of 39 feet (12 m) above sea level. The park is bounded by the Hudson River on the west.
It is part of the 988-acre (4.00 km2) area known as Mills-Norrie State Park, which comprises Margaret Lewis Norrie State Park and Ogden Mills & Ruth Livingston Mills State Park.
The park's central feature is Staatsburgh State Historic Site, a Beaux-Arts mansion designed by McKim, Mead, and White. Built between 1895 and 1896, the Gilded Age mansion features 65 rooms, 14 bathrooms, and 23 fireplaces. The furnished house is open for tours, programs and special events. Other park features include trails, cabins, tent sites, RV sites, fishing opportunities, picnic area, recreation programs, restaurant, cross-country skiing and sledding.
Dinsmore golf course
The park also features Dinsmore golf course, a public golf course for 9 or 18 holes. A restaurant is available.
LAT: 41.8520456591 LONG: -73.9352416992
Nearby state parks and historic sites
- Margaret Lewis Norrie State Park (Dutchess County)
- Staatsburgh State Historic Site (Dutchess County)
- Clermont State Historic Site (Columbia County)
- Olana State Historic Site (Columbia County)
- Lake Taghkanic State Park (Columbia County)
- James Baird State Park (Dutchess County)
- "Mills Memorial State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved March 11, 2016.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 673. Retrieved March 11, 2016.