Broward County Public Schools
|Broward County Public Schools|
|Motto||Educating Today's Students For Tomorrow's World|
|Budget||$3.86 billion (2017)|
|Students and staff|
|Students||271,517 (6th-largest in U.S.)|
|Teachers' unions||Florida Education Association|
Broward County Public Schools, a public school district serving Broward County, Florida, is the sixth largest public school system in the nation. During the 2016–2017 school year, Broward County Public Schools served 271,517 students enrolled in 327 schools and education centers district wide. The district is headquartered in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- District 1 – Ann Murray
- District 2 – Patricia Good
- District 3 – Heather Brinkworth (Vice Chair)
- District 4 – Abby Freedman
- District 5 – Rosalind Osgood
- District 6 – Laurie Rich Levinson
- District 7 – Nora Rupert (Chair)
- At Large (Districtwide) – Donna Korn
- At Large (Districtwide) – Robin Bartleman
- Student Advisor to the Board - Beau Simon
- Assistant Student Advisor to the Board - Omar Rodriguez
(Student Advisors serve as the voice and representation of the Students of Broward County. They are elected through the Broward County Association of Student Councils, and serve year long terms.)
Schools in Broward County
During the 2016–2017 academic school year, the District served 271,205 students. The district covers a total of 286 institutions: 138 elementary schools, 43 middle schools, 33 high schools, 16 adult/vocational schools, 16 centers, and 56 charter schools.
- WBEC-TV (Broward Schools' educational channel)
- WKPX (Broward Schools' radio station)
- List of school districts in Florida
- "Press Releases". Archived from the original on 2012-09-05. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- Contact Us Archived May 14, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.. Broward County Public Schools. Retrieved on May 6, 2009.
- "Robert Runcie, Superintendent of Schools". Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "The School Board of Broward County, Florida". Retrieved 2009-06-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Broward County Public Schools.|