Shopian is hill district.It is very small than Diatrict Pulwama.The hospital condition of Shopian is worst than Pulwama hospital
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location in Jammu and Kashmir, India
|• Total||612.9 km2 (236.6 sq mi)|
|Area rank||537th in India & 17th in Jammu & Kashmir|
|Population (Census 2011)|
|• Density||430/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|• Official||Urdu, Kashmiri|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
According to the 2011 census, the Shopian district has a population of 265,960. This gives the Shopian district a ranking of 577th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 852 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,210/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the 2001–2011 decade was 25.85%. Shopian has a sex ratio of 951 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 62.49%.
The district has a number of hospitals and healthcare facilities, some of which include: District Hospital, Shopian, Sub District Hospital Keller Sub District Hospital Zanapora, PHC Herman, PHC Pinjura PHC DK Pora, PHC Vehil, PHC Sedow.PHC nadigam,
Places of interest
Shopian district has many places with tourism potential: the waterfalls of Aharbhal, Kounsernag, Kongiwatan, Arshi Pora Lahanthour, Sedow, Herpora Wild Life Sanctuary, Dabjan - 6 km from Heerpora Village; Peer Marg/Peer Gali - 20 km away from Heerpora on the historical Mughal Road; beautiful Lake Nandansar - 2 km away from the Peer Ki Gali; Hash Wang Bagam Pather, Sok Saray,and Mughal Saray at Jajinar. The Jamia Masjid in Shopian is one of the famous historical monuments built during the Mughal reign resembling that of jamia Masjid Srinagar. The famous Aasar-i-Sharief Dargah at Pinjura, attracts thousands of devotees on the occasion of Eid-i-Milad-un- Nabi and Shab-i-Mehraj. Darul Uloom Islamia Pinjura where large people gather to seek (spiritual and moral) knowledge and propagate to others.
The major roads connecting Shopian with neighbouring districts are:
- Shopian-Pulwama-Srinagar Road
- Shopian-Anantnag Via Zainapora
- Shopain -Anantnag via Kaider
- Shopain Anantnag Via Kulgam kudwani Wanpoh khanabal
- Shopian-Rajori-Poonch via Mughal Road
- Shopian-Bijbehara via MalikGund Imamsahib,
- Shopain-Zainapora( Babapora)- Frisal- khudwani
- Shopain-Zainapora( Babapora)- wachi - Sangam
- Shopian to Kulgam kachdoora, sehpora Mohanpor or Okay
- Shopian to Reshinagri via Narwaw, Saidpora
- Shopian to Nehama via Vehil Nowgam, Kanjiullar
- Shopian to Ramnagri via Narwaw, Saidpora, Amshipora.
- Shopain to Kangiullar via Ramnagri and Gadiporahir
- Shopain to Kheer Bhawani at Mamzam via Ramnagri, Kanjiuller Nihama
- Shopain to(Aharbal)via Ramnagri, Gadipora and Nihama
- Shopian to Zawoora via Rambiara.
- Shopian to Shadab Karewa Via Zowoora.
- Shopian to Narapora, keller via Zawoora
- Shopain to Aharbal via Saidow
- Shopian Arshi pora road to link Via Herman Kadder Road
- Shopian to Manzimpara via Kundalan.
- Shopian to Anantnag via Manihall and Yaripora
- Shopian to Aharbal via Ramnagri, Rashinagar, vatoo [under construction]
- "Security forces increase footprint in terrorist bastion Shopian".
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.