TUI fly Nordic
|Founded||1985 (as Transwede)|
|Parent company||TUI Group|
TUI fly Nordic AB (formerly known as Britannia Nordic and Transwede) is a charter airline based in Stockholm, Sweden. It operates holiday charter flights from airports in Scandinavia and Finland to fly holidaymakers for the tour operators TUI Denmark (Denmark), TUI Norge (Norway), TUI Finland (Finland) and TUI Sverige (Sweden).
The airline was originally formed in 1985 to handle the charter operations of Transwede Airways. In 1996, the charter part of the airline was taken over by Swedish tour operator Fritidsresor and renamed Blue Scandinavia. When Britannia Airways took control in 1998 following the acquisition of Fritidsresor by Thomson, the airline was renamed Britannia AB and later rebranded as Britannia Nordic. In 2000 Preussag (today TUI AG) acquired the Thomson Group.
In November 2005, the airline was rebranded as Thomsonfly and on 1 May 2006 as TUIfly Nordic due to the new marketing strategy of the TUI Group.
On 13 May 2015, it was announced by the TUI Group that all five of TUI's airline subsidiaries will be named TUI Airlines, whilst keeping their separate Air Operators Certificate, taking over three years to complete. The airline's name change was not significant, however, changing from "TUIfly Nordic" to "TUI fly Nordic" - this was the case with TUI fly Deutschland and TUI fly Belgium.
- Chania - Chania International Airport seasonal
- Corfu - Corfu International Airport seasonal
- Heraklion – Heraklion International Airport seasonal
- Patras – Araxos Airport seasonal
- Rhodes - Rhodes International Airport seasonal
- Kos - Kos Island International Airport seasonal
- Samos - Samos International Airport seasonal
- Zakynthos - Zakynthos International Airport seasonal
- Fuerteventura - Fuerteventura Airport
- Gran Canaria - Gran Canaria Airport
- Ibiza - Ibiza Airport seasonal
- La Palma - La Palma Airport seasonal
- Lanzarote - Lanzarote Airport
- Menorca - Menorca Airport seasonal
- Tenerife - Tenerife South Airport
- Palma de Mallorca - Palma de Mallorca Airport seasonal
- Gothenburg - Göteborg Landvetter Airport Hub
- Malmö - Malmö Airport Hub
- Stockholm - Stockholm Arlanda Airport Hub
The TUI fly Nordic fleet comprises the following aircraft (as of October 2016)
- "Fakta om TUIfly Nordic" (in Swedish). TUIfly Nordic. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
Media related to TUI fly Nordic at Wikimedia Commons