Westbourne Park tube station
Location of Westbourne Park in Greater London
|Local authority||Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|1 February 1866||H&C station opened|
|30 October 1871||GW main line station opened|
|13 March 1992||GW main line station closed|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
Westbourne Park is a London Underground station on the Circle and Hammersmith and City lines, between Ladbroke Grove and Royal Oak stations, and in Travelcard Zone 2 in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea . Although the Metropolitan Railway had been extended to Notting Hill and Hammersmith on 1 June 1864 the first station by this name did not open until 1 February 1866. This closed on 31 October 1871 to be replaced the following day by a new station constructed to the east of the original. In February 1913 a bomb - possibly planted by the Suffragettes - was discovered at Westbourne Park station. It is in close proximity with Harrow Road W9.
Adjoining the station is the Tower Transit bus garage.
Westbourne Park railway station
There were once British Rail platforms on the Great Western Main Line, but these closed in March 1992. Another station on the Hammersmith & City line, Royal Oak, also had a GWR station, but this shut with the arrival of the underground in 1871. Today the first stop out of Paddington is at Acton Main Line.
In popular culture
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Westbourne Park tube station.|
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2007". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2008". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Butt 1995, p. 244
- Rose 2007
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- Rose, Douglas (December 2007) . The London Underground: A Diagrammatic History (8th ed.). Harrow Weald: Capital Transport. ISBN 978-1-85414-315-0.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AuHibzE0aY Westbourne park station is seen in the video from 0:58 to 1:43.
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
|Hammersmith & City line||
|This article about the London Underground is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|