1891 Wimbledon Championships
|1891 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date||June 29–July 9|
London, United Kingdom
|Wilfred Baddeley / Herbert Baddeley|
The 1891 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 29 June until 9 July. It was the 15th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1891. There were 22 competitors for the men's singles. Wilfred Baddeley was 19 years, 5 months and 23 days old when he won the men's singles final on July 4. The ladies' singles and men's doubles were held after the men's singles had been completed.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- "Grand Slam Tournaments - Wimbledon" (PDF). usta.com. United States Tennis Association.
- "Roll of Honour - Women's Singles". wimbledon.org.
- "Roll of Honour - Men's Doubles". wimbledon.org.
- 100 Years of Wimbledon, by Lance Tingay (Guinness Superlatives Ltd. 1977)
1890 U.S. National Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1891 U.S. National Championships