1891 Wimbledon Championships
|1891 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date||29 June – 9 July|
London, United Kingdom
|Venue||All England Lawn Tennis Club|
|Herbert Baddeley / Wilfred Baddeley|
The 1891 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 29 June until 9 July. It was the 15th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1891. There were 22 competitors for the men's singles. Wilfred Baddeley was 19 years, 5 months and 23 days old when he won the men's singles final on 4 July. The ladies' singles and men's doubles were held after the men's singles had been completed.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- 100 Years of Wimbledon, by Lance Tingay (Guinness Superlatives Ltd. 1977)
- "Gentlemen's Singles Finals 1877-2016". wimbledon.com. Wimbledon Championships. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Ladies' Singles Finals 1884-2016". wimbledon.com. Wimbledon Championships. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Gentlemen's Doubles Finals 1884-2016". wimbledon.com. Wimbledon Championships. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
1890 U.S. National Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1891 U.S. National Championships