384th Air Refueling Squadron
|384th Air Refueling Squadron|
384th Air Refueling Squadron Patch
|Active||5 March 1943 – 31 March 1946
1 April 1955 – 25 June 1966
30 September 1973 - Present
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Part of||Air Mobility Command
18th Air Force
22d Air Refueling Wing
22d Operations Group
|Garrison/HQ||McConnell Air Force Base|
AFOUA w/ V Device
FCdG w/ Palm
The 384th Air Refueling Squadron (384 ARS) is part of the 22d Air Refueling Wing at McConnell Air Force Base, Kansas. It operates the KC-135 Stratotanker aircraft conducting aerial refueling missions.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
The squadron flew combat missions in the European Theater of Operations from, 23 March 1944 – 20 April 1945. It conducted aerial refueling for Strategic Air Command bombers in North Atlantic area from, 1955–1965 and has flown worldwide aerial refueling sorties since 1973 including support to operations in Panama from, 18–20 December 1989 and Southwest Asia from, August 1990–March 1991.
- World War II
- Operation Just Cause
- Operation Desert Storm
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Odyssey Dawn
- Operation Unified Protector
- Constituted 584th Bombardment Squadron (Medium) on 15 Feb 1943.
- Activated on 5 Mar 1943.
- Redesignated: 584th Bombardment Squadron, Medium, on 9 Oct 1944
- Redesignated: 584th Bombardment Squadron, Light, on 3 Dec 1945
- Inactivated on 31 Mar 1946
- Consolidated (19 Sep 1985) with 384th Air Refueling Squadron, Medium, which was
- Constituted on 3 Mar 1955
- Activated on 1 Apr 1955.
- Discontinued, and inactivated, on 25 Jun 1966.
- (Reconstituted and) Redesignated 384th Air Refueling Squadron, Heavy, on 19 Jun 1973.
- Activated on 30 Sep 1973
- Redesignated 384th Air Refueling Squadron on 1 Sep 1991
- 394th Bombardment Group (1943–1946)
- 4050th Air Refueling Wing (1955–1963)
- Attached: 8th Air Force (27 April - 27 June 1956, 21 May - 25 June 1957)
- 499th Air Refueling Wing (1963–1966)
- 384th Bombardment Wing (1973–1992)
- 19th Air Refueling Wing (1992–1994)
- 22d Air Refueling Wing (1994 – present)
- MacDill Field, Florida (1943)
- Ardmore Army Air Field, Oklahoma (1943)
- Atterbury Army Airfield, Indiana (1943)
- Kellogg Field, Michigan (1943–1944)
- RAF Boreham, England (1944)
- RAF Holmsley South, England (1944)
- Tour-en-Bassin, France (1944)
- Bricy, France (1944)
- Cambrai-Niergnies, France (1944–1945)
- Venlo, Netherlands (1945)
- Kitzingen, Germany (1945–1946)
- Bolling Field, Washington, D.C. (1946)
- Westover Air Force Base, Massachusetts (1955–1966)
- McConnell Air Force Base, Kansas (1973 – present)
- B-26 Marauder (1943–1945)
- A-26 Invader (1945–1946)
- KC-97F/G Stratotanker (1955–1965)
- KC-135A/R Stratotanker (1973–1977)
- KC-135R/T Stratotanker (1978 – present)
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.
- AFHRA 384th Air Refueling Squadron History