Anshan Teng'ao Airport
|Anshan Teng'ao Airport
Ānshān Téng'áo Jīchǎng
|Operator||Liaoning Airport Management Group Co.|
|Serves||Anshan, Liaoning, China|
|Location||Teng'ao Town, Qianshan District|
|Anshan Teng'ao Airport|
Anshan Teng'ao Airport (IATA: AOG, ICAO: ZYAS) is an airport serving the city of Anshan in Liaoning Province, Northeast China. It is located in the town of Teng'ao, 11.8 kilometers southwest of the city center.
The airport also serves as the Anshan Air Base, a People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLA-AF) installation in the PLA's Shenyang Military Region. It is the headquarters of the 1st Fighter Division which operates Chengdu J-7, Shenyang J-8 and Shenyang J-11 fighters. Commercial flights began in 1987, ceased in 2002, and resumed in April 2011 with a single route to Beijing. As of February 2014 routes run to both Beijing and Shanghai with one flight to and from each destination every day.
Airlines and destinations
|China Southern Airlines||Beijing-Capital, Guangzhou|
- Anshan Air Base was visited in March 2007 by Peter Pace, Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- In Tom Clancy's novel The Bear and the Dragon, Anshan Air Base is heavily damaged by USAF F-117 stealth fighters to neutralize it in preparation for a raid on a nearby ICBM launch site.
- Airport information for Anshan, Liaoning, China (ZYAS / AOG) at Great Circle Mapper.
- Anshan Airport Archived October 19, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- GlobalSecurity.org, 1st Fighter Division, verified October 2011
- "Pace Visits Chinese Air Base, Checks Out Su-27 Fighter-Bomber". DefenseLink News. U.S. Department of Defense. March 24, 2007. Archived from the original on 13 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-20.