Daocheng Yading Airport
|Daocheng Yading Airport
Dàochéng Yàdīng Jīchǎng
|IATA: DCY – ICAO: ZUDC|
|Serves||Daocheng, Sichuan, China|
|Opened||16 September 2013|
|Elevation AMSL||4,411 m / 14,472 ft|
|Daocheng Yading Airport|
Daocheng Yading Airport (IATA: DCY, ICAO: ZUDC) is an airport serving Daocheng County in the Garzê Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture of Sichuan province, China. It is located in Sangdui Township, 50 kilometers north of the county seat and 130 kilometers from the Yading Nature Reserve.
Construction started after the airport was approved in April 2011, with a total investment of 1.58 billion yuan (US$255 million). The airport was opened on 16 September 2013. The inaugural flight was Air China flight 4215 on an Airbus A319 from the provincial capital Chengdu, carrying 118 passengers. The opening of the airport cut the journey time between Daocheng and Chengdu to one hour, which previously required a two-day bus trip.
Daocheng Yading Airport has a single runway that is 4,200 m (13,800 ft) long and 45 m (148 ft) wide (class 4C). It has a 5,000 m2 (54,000 sq ft) terminal building that is shaped like a UFO. It is designed to handle 280,000 passengers per year.
Airlines and destinations
The airport was opened with a single scheduled flight (CA 4215/4216) between Daocheng and Chengdu, and flights to Chongqing and Barkam are expected to begin before 1 October 2013. Flights to Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Xi'an are planned for 2014.
|China Eastern Airlines||Chengdu, Luzhou, Xi'an|
|Sichuan Airlines||Chengdu, Chongqing, Hangzhou, Kangding, Kunming|
- Ben Blanchard (16 September 2013). "China opens world's highest civilian airport". Reuters. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- 陸亞丁機場啟用 世界海拔最高 [Yading Airport opens in mainland, the highest in the world]. Central News Agency (in Chinese). 16 September 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- Chen Chunyu (3 March 2011). 稻城亚丁机场建设获立项 成都一小时飞稻城. Sichuan Online (in Chinese). Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- Lu Hui (16 September 2013). "World's highest civilian airport starts operating". Xinhua. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- 稻城亚丁机场今日通航 [Daocheng Yading Airport starts operation today]. Chengdu Business News (in Chinese). 16 September 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2013.