Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport
|Operator||Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport Co. Ltd.|
|Serves||Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China|
|Location||Yingbin Avenue, Xiaoshan District|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||7 m / 23 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport|
Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport (IATA: HGH, ICAO: ZSHC) is the principal airport serving Hangzhou, a major city in the Yangtze River Delta region and the capital of Zhejiang Province, China. The airport is located on the southern shore of Qiantang River in Xiaoshan District and is 27 km east of downtown Hangzhou. Architecture firm Aedas designed Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport.
The airport has service to destinations throughout China. International destinations are mainly in east and southeast Asia, and points of Africa, Europe and south Asia. The airport also serves as a focus city for Air China, China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Hainan Airlines and Xiamen Airlines.
In 2016, Hangzhou airport handled 31,594,959 passengers, which ranked 10th in terms of passenger traffic in China. In addition, the airport was the country's 7th busiest airport in terms of cargo traffic and the 10th busiest airport by traffic movements.
The airport was planned to be constructed in three phases. The first phase of construction started in July 1997, and was completed and opened for traffic on 30 December 2000. It replaced the old Hangzhou Jianqiao Airport, which was a dual-use civil and military airfield. In March 2004, the airport officially became an international airport after immigration and customs facilities were built and put into service. A second runway of 3,600 meters is also under construction. Terminal extensions are also under construction as of 2012.
On the evening of 9 July 2010, the airport was shut down for an hour when an unidentified flying object was detected. Air traffic control could not locate it on radar and prudently waved off landing flights. Eighteen flights were affected. Though normal operations resumed four hours later, the incident captured the attention of the Chinese media and sparked a firestorm of speculation on the UFO's identity.
Phase One of the airport occupies 7,260 acres (29.4 km2) of land. It has a capacity of eight million passengers and 110,000 tons of cargo a year, and can handle aircraft as large as the Boeing 747-400. It has one runway which is 3,600 metres (11,800 ft) long and 45 metres (148 ft) wide. The passenger terminal can handle 3,600 passengers an hour and is 100,000 square metres in size (including an underground parking of 22,000 square metres). The departure level has 36 ticket counters, including 12 in the international side of the terminal. There are 2,900 seats in the departure lounge. The immigration and customs area occupies 9,500 sq. metre of terminal space.
The apron occupies 340,000 square metres of land, and there are 12 jetways and 18 departure gates.
Phase Two of the airport expansion project began construction on 8 November 2007. It included an International Terminal, a second Domestic Terminal, and a new runway. The International Terminal was completed on 3 June 2010. The terminal has 8 air bridge gates, with one gate capable of handling the Airbus A380. All international flights, including flights to Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan depart from this terminal. The original terminal handles exclusively domestic flights. All other constructions were completed and operations began on 30 December 2012.
The new runway is 3,400 metres (11,200 ft) long and 60 metres (200 ft) wide, which is capable of handling the Airbus A380. The new domestic terminal (T3) has 90 Check-in desks and 21 Self Check-in counters. It also adds 26 security lanes and 31 aerobridge gates. All public spaces of the terminal has free WIFI services. With the addition of the new passenger terminal, the airport now has a total terminal floor area of 37 million square metres and will enable the airport to handle 8,520 passengers at peak hour and 32.5 million passengers annually.
There are airport bus services linking the airport to points throughout Zhejiang and cities in Jiangsu.
Bus services to/from downtown Hangzhou originate/terminate at the Ticketing Office on Tiyuchang Road with intermediate stops in between.
The Airport is accessed by Airport Road, which connects to the Airport Expressway and is linked to downtown Hangzhou by the Xixing Bridge. The Airport Expressway also has an exit at North Shixin Road, which is linked to downtown Xiaoshan. The Shanghai-Hangzhou-Ningbo Expressway has an exit at the airport.
Airlines and destinations
|China Southern Cargo||Los Angeles|
|Hong Kong Airlines||Hong Kong|
-  Archived 29 April 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Project Page: Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport". Aedas.com. Archived from the original on 11 March 2013.
- "China Airport UFO – Mystery or Military?". National Ledger. 10 July 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- Yijun, Yang (9 July 2010). "Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering". China Daily. Beijing. Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- ABC News. "UFO in China Closes Airport and Prompts Investigation - ABC News". ABC News. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "杭州萧山国际机场欢迎您". Hzairport.com. Archived from the original on 13 October 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "杭州萧山国际机场欢迎您". Hzairport.com. Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- 青年时报. "萧山机场第二国内航站楼(T3航站楼)乘机流程_城市频道_新浪浙江_新浪网". Zj.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- 青年时报. "萧山机场第二国内航站楼(T3航站楼)候机环境_城市频道_新浪浙江_新浪网". Zj.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "联系我们 Archived 11 May 2014 at the Wayback Machine.." Loong Air. Retrieved on 24 April 2014. " 地址ADDESS [sic] 浙江省杭州市萧山国际机场5号路长龙航空办公大楼"
- "Air China adds Hangzhou – Phuket from Dec 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "东航云南公司 ▎新航季 新航线 新看点". Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "东航江苏公司夏秋换季新航线早知晓". Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "东航山东三地齐发力 换季新开多条国内航线_民航新闻_民航资源网". news.carnoc.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- 新航线 • 特价机票 ▎9月12日起，东航新开【昆明-柳州-杭州】往返航线，昆明-柳州580元起！
- China Eastern adds Quanzhou – Singapore route from Aug 2017
- "China Eastern connects Naha and Fuzhou; Hangzhou from 17th - Japan Update". www.japanupdate.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "China Eastern links Hangzhou and Kolkata". Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "China Eastern adds Hangzhou – Sydney service from Nov 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "27日起萧山机场启用冬春季航班时刻 杭州增5条新航线 – 杭网原创 – 杭州网". Ori.hangzhou.com.cn. 25 October 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Hainan Airlines to Start Paris Service from Sep 2014". Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Hainan Airlines schedules new Sapporo flights in Jan 2017". Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Beijing Capital schedules Chengdu – Madrid route in W16". routesonline. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Beijing Capital revises Lisbon launch to late-July 2017". Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Beijing Capital Airlines Adds Hangzhou – Madrid Route from late-Dec 2015". Routesonline. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Beijing Capital Airlines to Start Hangzhou - Okinawa Service from late-Oct 2014". Airline Route. 22 October 2014. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Beijing Capital adds Saipan service from July 2017". Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Beijing Capital Airlines schedules Vancouver debut in Dec 2016". Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Jetstar Pacific adds new Chinese routes from June 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Okay Airways adds new Jeju service from Dec 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- "Okay Airways schedules Hangzhou – Phuket Dec 2016 launch". routesonline. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- "Sichuan Airlines to launch Chengdu-Los Angeles route in October - Xinhua - English.news.cn". news.xinhuanet.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017. line feed character in
|title=at position 64 (help)
- "Sichuan Airlines sets off to South Korea and Vietnam". anna.aero. 16 September 2015. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Spring Airlines plans April 2017 Hangzhou – Macau launch". routesonline. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- "Thai Lion Air adds new scheduled charter service to China from late-Sep 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Tianjin Airlines Adds New Domestic Routes in S15". Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "New cargo service brings pharma, garments from China | Air Cargo World News". Aircargoworld.com. 30 September 2013. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "S.F schedule". Retrieved 30 June 2017.[permanent dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport.|