Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Shēnzhèn Bǎo'ān Guójì Jīchǎng
|Operator||Shenzhen Airport Company Ltd.|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||4 m / 13 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport|
Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport (Chinese: 深圳宝安国际机场; formerly Shenzhen Huangtian Airport) (IATA: SZX, ICAO: ZGSZ) is located near Huangtian and Fuyong villages in Bao'an District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, 32 kilometres (20 mi) northwest of the city center. It is a hub for Shenzhen Airlines and Shenzhen Donghai Airlines and for cargo airline SF Airlines, and a focus city for China Southern Airlines and Hainan Airlines. The airport also serves as an Asian-Pacific cargo hub for UPS Airlines. The airport is undergoing major expansion with a second runway completed and opened in 2011 and a new terminal which opened in 2013.
It is one of the three largest airport hubs serving the Pearl River Delta urbanised area in southern China, alongside Hong Kong International Airport and Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. The airport also has direct ferry routes to Hong Kong International Airport, where passengers can transit without going through immigration and custom checks, akin to transit between two flights.
- 1 History
- 2 Passenger transport facilities
- 3 Airlines and destinations
- 4 Other facilities
- 5 Ground transport
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
The airport was opened on 12 October 1991. It occupies an area of 10.8 km2. Its original runway is 3400 m long and 45 m wide, and it has 53 parking spaces on its apron.
Shenzhen airport handled 26,713,610 passengers in 2010, according to Civil Aviation Administration of China, making it the fifth busiest in China. The airport was also China's 4th busiest and world's 24th busiest airport in terms of cargo traffic, registering 947,150 tonnes of freight in the year to September 2014. In terms of passenger movements, Shenzhen airport was the 5th busiest airport in China in 2015.
- Terminal A – for domestic flights (closed from 10pm 27 November 2013)
- Terminal B – for domestic flights (closed from 10pm 27 November 2013)
- Terminal D – for international flights (closed from 10pm 27 November 2013)
These terminals covered an area of 152,000 sq meters and consisting of 24 jetways. The International Terminal D was opened in December 2008. It had no air gates of its own, just airside bus service to distant positions around the airport.
At the beginning of 2008 the 1.6 km long new terminal commenced being built. This new terminal building was called "Terminal 3" from the beginning of construction until its formal opening. Soon after the decision of the closure of Terminals A, B and D, "Terminal 3" was renamed as it was the only terminal building in operation. A new satellite concourse, designed by Aedas, will be built.
Architect: Massimiliano Fuksas, Rome; Structure, Facade and Parametric Design: Knippers Helbig, Stuttgart. The terminal was opened on 28 November 2013 after 4 years of construction and planning.
leisure: Bao'an has an Indoor swimming pool, out door swimming pool, wirlpool and a JW Marriott hotel
Passenger transport facilities
The passenger transport facilities are divided into three parts: a main terminal building and two large corridors—1,050 meters long and 650 meters wide—that form a cross shape. The current terminal is three times the size of former Terminals A and B, with 450,000 square meters of floor space, 62 boarding gates and the ability to accommodate any type of plane in the world. The main building has four floors above ground and two floors underground. A connecting Ground Transport Center adjoins the terminal to the south. The main building's third floor is the waiting area for domestic and international flights, which depart from the east wing.
Ground Transportation Center
The baggage areas of Terminal C are short walks away from the Ground Transportation Center (GTC), where passengers can take buses, taxis and Shenzhen Metro trains. The transportation center offers local and long-distance bus services on the first floor, with taxi and Airport Express Shuttle 330 bus services on the second floor. The underground floor connects with Airport Station on Metro Line 11. Bus M416 also provides a shuttle service to Hourui Station on Line 1. In the future, it will also connect to the Guangzhou-Dongguan-Shenzhen Intercity Railway, which is under construction.
Airlines and destinations
Shenzhen Airlines is headquartered on the grounds of the airport. Jade Cargo International was headquartered on the sixth floor of the Shenzhen Airlines Flight Operations Building on grounds of Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport. Shenzhen Donghai Airlines has its head office in the Shenzhen Airlines facility on the airport property.
Regular bus and minibus services links the Airport with the rest of the city. Intercity bus services to some other nearby cities such as Hong Kong and Dongguan are also available.
Local taxis, and often some taxis from Dongguan, can pick up passengers there from three designated waiting areas. These will have the capacity to handle 21 taxi cabs picking up passengers simultaneously.
Metro / Rail
Airport Station on Line 11 has direct link to the Ground Transport Center of the current Terminal, with eastbound service from the airport via Bao'an and Nanshan to Futian Station, connecting with Futian Railway Station High Speed Rail services, and westbound service via Fuyong, Shajing and Songgang to Bitou.
Airport North Station on Line 11 is also built, under the site of future new Terminal project - "Terminal 4". However, Airport North Station is inaccessible to or from any of the airport facilities. In late 2018, Line 20 (Shenzhen International Exhibition Center Conveyance Project) will link Airport North Station on Line 11 with services to Chongqing Road, International Exhibition Center South, International Exhibition Center North and International Conference Center stations.
Fast ferries are available to Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal and Taipa Ferry Terminal in Macau plus to the Skypier Ferry Terminal at Hong Kong International Airport via the nearby Fuyong Pier. Free shuttle buses connect the Pier and the Airport.
Direct services to Hong Kong Island and Kowloon were suspended because the Terminals A & B's long distance from the ferry terminal made it unpopular for commuters. However, with the opening of Terminal C, direct services may be resumed because it is much closer.
Airport express shuttle bus
Main shuttle bus service is provided with "330" branded buses. These are located on the western side of the Ground Transportation Center. Two major routes are served, 330 from the airport to the west square of Shenzhen Railway Station, with 3 stops along the way. From the city to the airport is from Hualian Mansion building (Exit B of Science Museum Station), direct to the airport. City Terminal check-in services are available for some airlines inside the Hualian Mansion.
The other route, 330B runs from the airport to Longgang City Terminal in Longgang district.
New City Terminal of Shenzhen Airport opens in Hong Kong, (23 March 2010).
Coach service is provided by Trans Island Limousine Service Ltd serving SZIA and Hong Kong, including Sheung Wan, Causeway Bay, Mong Kok (Prince Edward), Tsim Sha Tsui and Hong Kong International Airport.
A direct coach service, operated by Chinalink Bus Company, is available at Elements Mall in Hong Kong. Passengers may check-in for their flights at the bus terminal but luggage must still be carried to the airport by the passengers. The service operates from Kowloon Station on the Airport Express (MTR) line direct to the Shenzhen International airport.
It will consist of a series of bridges and tunnels and will cut travel time from Shenzhen to Zhongshan to less than 30 minutes. Construction of the proposed 51 km eight-lane link is scheduled to start in 2015, with completion scheduled for 2021.
- "UPS Launches Shenzhen Flights". Ups.com. 8 February 2010. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011.
- "Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport". Chinatour.net. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "New terminal opens Thursday-szdaily多媒体数字报刊平台". Szdaily.sznews.com. 25 November 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 May 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Aedas to play key role in major new airport projects in Shenzhen and Hong Kong". Airport World. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "Air China Launches Schenzhen-Frankfurt Route from Late May 2016". Airline Route. April 14, 2016. Retrieved April 14, 2016.
- "Air China re-schedules Shenzhen – Los Angeles launch to Dec 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "China Southern adds Shenzhen – Hanoi route from July 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "China Southern to link Shenzhen with Jakarta - Travel Daily Asia". Travel Daily Asia. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "China Southern Adds New Shenzhen – Japan Routes from late-July 2015". Airlineroute.net. 30 June 2015. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "China Southern adds Shenzhen – Phnom Penh service from late-March 2017". Routesonlnie.com. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- 2017. "China Southern Adds Shenzhen – Sydney Service from late-Jan 2016". Routesonline. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Donghai Airlines plans international debut in mid-Sep 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Hainan Airlines files New Zealand launch in Dec 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Hainan Airlines files Shenzhen - Brisbane Sep 2017 launch". routesonline. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Hainan Airlines adds Shenzhen – Cairns from Dec 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "海航将在深开通5条国际航线 深圳－奥克兰往返最低仅990元_深圳新闻网". Sznews.com. 2016-10-22. Retrieved 2017-05-06.
- "Spring Airlines adds new SE Asia routes in May 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "China Airlines Cargo Begins Shenzhen Service from late-March 2015". Airlineroute.net. 31 March 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Contact Us." Shenzhen Airlines. Retrieved on 9 September 2009.
- "Contact Us Archived 11 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine.." Jade Cargo International. Retrieved on 11 July 2010.
- "联系我们." Shenzhen Donghai Airlines. Retrieved on 24 February 2014. "Address:Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport, Shenzhen Airlines. Post code：518128" – Chinese address: "地址：深圳市宝安区宝安国际机场航站四路3009号东海航空基地 邮政编码:518128"
- "Contact Us." SF Airlines. Retrieved on 24 February 2014. "SF Airlines Co., Ltd. Address: No.1 Freight Depot, International Shipping Center of Bao'an International Airport, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, 518128, P.R.C." – Chinese address: "地 址：中国广东省深圳市宝安国际机场国际货运中心1号货站 邮 编：518128"
- "Changes to address airport's commuting woes-szdaily多媒体数字报刊平台". Szdaily.sznews.com. 3 December 2013.
- "New City Terminal of Shenzhen Airport Opens in Hong Kong – Shenzhen Post". Szcpost.com. 24 March 2010.
- 香港九龙机铁站往深圳机场 [Airport Railway Kowloon Station to Shenzhen Airport] (in Chinese). Retrieved 20 July 2011.
香港九龍機鐵站往深圳機場 (全程行車時間：車程約75分鐘) Kowloon, Hong Kong Airport Railway Station to Shenzhen Airport (journey time: about 75 minutes by car)