Dorothy Lane Market
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Revenue||$80 million USD|
Number of employees
Dorothy Lane Market is a chain of gourmet grocery stores based and located in the Dayton, Ohio region. In 2001 and 2007, Dorothy Lane Market was named one of only six Outstanding Retailers by the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade (NASFT) at the International Fancy Food Show in New York City. Annual company revenue is $80,000,000 and the company has just over 800 employees. A culinary school is also located in the Dorothy Lane Market at the Centerville location.
Dorothy Lane Market is a chain of specialty food markets. Dorothy Lane Market, or DLM for short, has more than nine departments located within each store. They include expanded specialty seafood, bakery, dairy, frozen, floral, grocery, meat, produce, cheeses, and wines.
Dorothy Lane Market began as a fruit stand in 1948,at the corner of Far Hills Ave. and Dorothy Lane in Van Buren Twp.. Later in 1953, the market was built in Oakwood, Montgomery County, Ohio. In the years to come, more locations sprang up in the Dayton region. In 1991, Dorothy Lane Market opened a second location in Centerville, Ohio. A third location opened in Springboro, Ohio in 2002. In 2005, the company's produce departments were certified organic by the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association.
In June 2018, Dorothy Lane Market filed a building permit for a $300,000 renovation project at the Washington Square shopping center.
- "Fancy Food Award". Archived from the original on 2009-08-17. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- "Annual revenue information". Retrieved 2009-08-18.[dead link]
- "History and locations". Archived from the original on 2009-07-20. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- Teems, Yvonne (2005-12-12). "DLM certified organic 2005". Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- "Readers Choice Award 2009". Archived from the original on 2009-12-01. Retrieved 2009-12-01.
- "Dorothy Lane Market files permit for $300K project". daytondailynews. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|