|Headquarters||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India|
|Dr. M. Ayyappan,
Chairman & Managing Director
|Revenue||INR 1059 crores
(FY 2014-2015 provisional)
|INR 42 crores provisional|
|Slogan||"Innovating for Healthy Generations"|
HLL Lifecare Limited (formerly Hindustan Latex Limited) (HLL) is an Indian healthcare products manufacturing company based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. A Government of India -owned corporation (Public-sector undertaking).
It produces health care products, including:
- Surgical Sutures
- Hydrocephalus Shunts
- Tissue Expanders
- Blood bags
- contraceptive pills.
One of HLL's contraceptive products is ormeloxifene, branded as Saheli (world’s first and only oral non-hormonal, non-steroidal oral contraceptive pill), a non-hormonal non-steroid weekly oral contraceptive.
In 2005, it established LifeSpring Hospitals, a 50-50 joint venture with the Acumen Fund, a U.S.-based nonprofit global venture philanthropy fund, to provide low-cost maternity services, starting at Hyderabad, today it has nine hospitals across Andhra Pradesh state today.
In February 2014, HLL acquired 74% Equity in Goa Antibiotics and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Blood transfusion
- Birth control
- Female condom
- Economy of Thiruvananthapuram
- Surgical Sutures
- Hindustan Latex is world's largest condom producer Financial Express, Nov 24, 2007.
- "HLL Lifecare to launch chikungunya, dengue diagonstic kits". The Times Of India. 2012-08-08.
- "LifeSpring Hospitals". Acumen Fund website.
- "Current Investors". LifeSpring website.
- "How services firms in India are using disruptive innovation". Mint (newspaper). Feb 3, 2011.
- "HLL Case Study" (PDF). siteresources.worldbank.
- "HLL Lifecare acquires 74% Stake in Goa Antibiotics Ltd". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Kerala is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|