|Founded||Calcutta, British India (1867 )|
|Owner||Government of India|
Founded by two Scotsmen, George Stephen Balmer and Alexander Lawrie, in 1867 in Kolkata, India, Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd. (BL) started as a Partnership Firm on 1 February 1867. Today Balmer Lawrie is a Mini-Ratna I Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India, with a turnover of ₹2895 crores and a profit of ₹234 crores as of March 31, 2016. It became a Private limited company in 1924 with a Paid up share capital of ₹40 lakhs, a Public limited company in 1936 and then a Government of India Enterprise in 1972.
Along with its six joint ventures in India and abroad, today it is a conglomerate with a presence in both manufacturing and service sectors. BL products include steel barrels, industrial greases, specialty lubricants, corporate travel and logistics services. It has a presence in performance chemicals and logistics infrastructure.
Balmer Lawrie is listed on the following indexes:
- BSE code: 523319
- NSE code: BALMLAWRIE
- Reuters: BLMR.BO
Balmer, Lawrie & Co Ltd were sole agents for India, Calcutta and Bombay for the famous London company [MERRYWEATHER AND SONS] Ltd, manufacturers of fire engines, fire fighting equipment and other products. When they left their factory in South Wales in 1984, Merryweather and Sons still had in stock at least one brass plaque inscribed with this information.
- "Welcome to Balmer Lawrie Driven by Diversity Lead by Change". www.balmerlawrie.com. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Financial Results of Balmer Lawrie". www.balmerlawrie.com. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Balmer Lawrie & Company Chairman Speech | Balmer Lawrie & Company Ltd Chairman Speech". economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Milestones of Balmer Lawrie". balmerlawrie.com. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- Jayanta Mallick (28 February 2004). "Balmer Lawrie Investments sees bulk deals". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|