India Tourism Development Corporation
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Shri. Umang Narula I.A.S, Chairman & Managing Director|
|Products||Ashok Group Hotels, Duty Free, Travel Solutions, Advertising Solutions,Engineering Consultancy, Education and Training, Event Management, Art Gallery|
|Total equity||75 crores|
The India Tourism Development Corporation Limited (ITDC) is an Hospitality, retail and Education company owned by Government of India, under Ministry of Tourism. Established in 1966, it owns over 17 properties under the Ashok Group of Hotels brand, across India.
Joint Venture Company of ITDC
Name of the Joint Venture Company – Name of the Hotel property
- Ranchi Ashok Bihar Hotel Corpn. Ltd. – Hotel Ranchi Ashok, Ranchi
- Utkal Ashok Hotel Corpn Ltd. – Hotel Nilachal Ashok, Puri
- Donyi Polo Ashok Hotel Corpn Ltd. – Hotel Donyi Polo Ashok, Itanagar
- Assam Ashok Hotel Corpn Ltd. – Hotel Brahmaputra Ashok, Guwahati
- MP Ashok Hotel Corpn Ltd. – Hotel lake View Ashok, Bhopal
- Pondicherry Ashok Hotel Corpn Ltd. – Hotel Pondicherry Ashok, Pondicherry
- Punjab Ashok Hotel Company Ltd. – Hotel Anadpur Ashok, Anandpur (incomplete Project)
As per the Promoters" Agreement entered into by ITDC, the shareholding of the Promoter i.e. ITDC and the Co-promoter i.e. respective State Government/State Tourism Corporation is in the ratio of 51:49 respectively. However, in the case of Utkal Ashok Hotel Corporation Ltd., Puri, the Joint Venture ratio is 60:40.
The Organising Committee of Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi made the India Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. (ITDC) as a Hospitality partner. All three properties i.e. Hotel Ashok, Samrat and The Janpath –as the Games Family Hotels .The Ashok being the flagship hotel was the host of all VIP movements .“The Ashok Group of Hotels in totality offered a combined inventory of 680 rooms/suites with Hotel Ashok offering 500 rooms, Samrat offering 60 rooms and Janpath offering 120 rooms.” The flagship Family Hotel Ashoka hosted members of Commonwealth Games Associations (CGAs), the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF), International Sports Federations, Technical Delegates and the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The hotels will be the nerve centre of the Games and bear facilitation offices of CGF and OC CWG Delhi 2010. All events and meetings of different constituent groups held at these Games family hotels. Hotel Samrat and Hotel Janpath provided the accommodation to the athletes’ families.
ITDC enters into JV with IL&FS to develop tourism infrastructure in India
Indian Tourism Development Corporation Ltd (ITDC) has set up a new joint venture (JV) with IL&FS to develop tourism infrastructure through the public-private partnership (PPP) mode in the country.
The equal JV will be called Ashok Tourism Infrastructure Development (Ashok Infra) and intends to become a one-stop shop for providing expertise to develop tourism infrastructure in the country to various state governments and other entities.The JV will do a complete hand holding, visualisation and implementation of such projects through this joint venture.
- "India Tourism Development Corporation - The Ashok Group of Hotels". www.theashokgroup.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- ITDC at Ministry of Tourism
- "ITDC to bring 35 hotels under 'Ashok' brand by next year end". The Hindu. August 27, 2009.